Windows 10: Shutting down the system !

Discus and support Shutting down the system ! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Several months ago I have notice shutting down system sign. Is there a malware ?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by IvoSimeonov, May 14, 2020.

1. Shutting down the system !

Several months ago I have notice shutting down system sign. Is there a malware ?

:)

IvoSimeonov, May 14, 2020

2. System not shutting down Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that when you select the option to Shutdown, only the display is going Off and the system is not shutting down. I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on Start and select Control Panel.
    • Change View by to Large icons and click on
      Power Options
    • In the left pane, click on Choose what the power button does.
    • In the right pane, under power button settings select
      Shut down
      from the drop down list.
    • Click on Save Changes and close the window.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 14, 2020
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, May 14, 2020
  4. Shutting down the system !

Laptop won't shut down

Hi Muhammad,

Most of the time, the issue regarding a device that won't shut down properly may be caused by a system conflict after an update or that there are some incompatibility issues. To assist you with this concern, we recommend that you run the troubleshooter.
    To do this, kindly follow the steps listed below:

• Type troubleshooting in the Search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Click on View all on the left-side of the page.
    • Click on each category below then follow the on-screen prompt to run the troubleshooter:
    • Background Intelligent Transfer Service
    • Hardware and Devices
    • Power
    • Windows Update
    Note: Make sure that you restart your PC after running the troubleshooter for each category.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, May 14, 2020
Thema:

Shutting down the system !

1. Shutting down the system ! - Similar Threads - Shutting down system

2. System shuts down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System shuts down: I have a strix g15 advantage edition it's plugged to an external monitor. I turned on the laptop and it said that windows has replaced the drivers or something like that and the drivers just disappeared. This has happened a couple times and this time I got mad and hit my...
  3. System shuts down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System shuts down: I have a strix g15 advantage edition it's plugged to an external monitor. I turned on the laptop and it said that windows has replaced the drivers or something like that and the drivers just disappeared. This has happened a couple times and this time I got mad and hit my...
  4. system shuts down repeatedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    system shuts down repeatedly: Hello! I hope you are doing well, I am running to this issue while I use my pc or when ever it is idle it just shuts down every after few hours or less. please help me I can't find where the issue at. Thank you!...
  5. system shuts down repeatedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system shuts down repeatedly: Hello! I hope you are doing well, I am running to this issue while I use my pc or when ever it is idle it just shuts down every after few hours or less. please help me I can't find where the issue at. Thank you!...
  6. system shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    system shutting down: when i tried to open google meets in either chrome or in edge system shutting down and i am getting green screen with stop code error 'SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION'. Under what failed getting 'SPUVCbv x64sys...
  7. Locking and systems shuts down???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Locking and systems shuts down???: Ever since I upgraded with Windows and also changed my battery my computer constantly out of the blue LOCKS. Says Locking and then shuts down. So annoying and it happens alot....
  8. System is shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System is shutting down: After the recent update, my system laptop shuts down automatically, when its not intended to; for example when the lid is closed it is supposed to sleep, yes i have checked the power settings;- it is set to sleep and other scenarios where i leave the computer to sleep for a...
  9. Major parts of system shutting down.

in Windows 10 Support
    Major parts of system shutting down.: Hi. Had a problem with bluetooth, there is no toggle to even switch it on. Then thought about doing a system restore and was told my surface laptop 2 can't do it? I had adware running the other day so ran malwarebytes, superantispyware and hitman pro to no avail. I'm...
  10. shutting down system

in Windows 10 Support
    shutting down system: For some reason my system will not shut down and turn off completely under windows 10; only my monitor will go into power save mode but my system itself will just restart. Is this because I have a board that is not windows 10 compatible and the fact that its using just very...