Windows 10: shutting off my laptop

Discus and support shutting off my laptop in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I left click on the icon and choose shut down but it won't shut down... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RuthKleiner-DelVecchio, Aug 15, 2018.

1. shutting off my laptop

I left click on the icon and choose shut down but it won't shut down

:)

RuthKleiner-DelVecchio, Aug 15, 2018
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Sep 24, 2018
  3. Laptop won't shut down

Hi Muhammad,

Most of the time, the issue regarding a device that won't shut down properly may be caused by a system conflict after an update or that there are some incompatibility issues. To assist you with this concern, we recommend that you run the troubleshooter.
    To do this, kindly follow the steps listed below:

• Type troubleshooting in the Search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Click on View all on the left-side of the page.
    • Click on each category below then follow the on-screen prompt to run the troubleshooter:
    • Background Intelligent Transfer Service
    • Hardware and Devices
    • Power
    • Windows Update
    Note: Make sure that you restart your PC after running the troubleshooter for each category.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Sep 24, 2018
  4. Carbo Win User

shutting off my laptop

Laptop Refuses to Shut Off

Hi, Phil. I'm doing what I've always done: slide the cursor to the lower left screen and click on Shut Down. But instead of shutting down the laptop responds as if I hit Restart.
    Just tried your suggestion and hit shift but it made no difference. Laptop rebooted.

Carbo, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

shutting off my laptop

1. shutting off my laptop - Similar Threads - shutting off laptop

2. My laptop shut off and won't turn back on.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop shut off and won't turn back on.: I'm having this issue where I'm just watching this random video on YouTube and talking to people and all of a sudden it says locking in the middle of the screen and starts shutting down or doing something. I was worried this might have been some bug so I held the power button...
  3. shut down does not turn off fan / laptop

shut down does not turn off fan / laptop: I have Samsung laptop intel core i3 with windows 7 pro installed a week ago shut down does not turn off my pc completely and it need to turn it off manually by pressing the power button continuously and could not find any solutions. recently I have upgraded windows to...
  4. shut off

shut off: my shut and restart icon is missing on my lapto cant shut computer down https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shut-off/bafae3bd-f80b-4a13-8f16-97771df5c1cb
  5. Laptop randomly shuts off especially when unplugged

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop randomly shuts off especially when unplugged: My laptop is an Alienware 14 running Windows 10. Every few days or longer, it automatically turns off without warning, and does it a lot more often until I unplug it and wait a long time. It happens even more often whenever it's unplugged at any time. There's nothing wrong...
  6. Shutting off?????

Shutting off?????: My Windows 10 laptop keeps shutting off. And this has been happening for a few days now. But i just assumed my battery was dead. But for once i looked at it and it was on 76%. Which doesnt make sense, so i tried looking up the problem but I don’t want to mess up my laptop...
  7. My Computer randomly shuts off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Computer randomly shuts off: Everyday about 1 to 5 minutes after I starting my computer , My computer shuts off, Then afterwards when i try to start my computer again, nothing appears on my monitor even though The computer is clearly on, after a few minutes of being on but with a black screen my computer...
  8. My laptop shut off when I unplugg it

My laptop shut off when I unplugg it: Hello, I'm having problems with my laptop, the battery shows it is fully charged but whenever I unplug it shuts off and it won't turn on until I plug it again. Sometimes it does turn on for a while but after some time it shuts off again....
  9. HP Laptop Shuts Off When Sleeping

in Windows 10 Support
    HP Laptop Shuts Off When Sleeping: Morning everyone! I'm writing with a question about my mom's laptop which is running Windows 10. Up until yesterday morning, it would go to sleep after 20 minutes and wake back up with the move of the mouse or a keypress. Now, when it goes to sleep, it completely powers...
  10. Laptop Refuses to Shut Off

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Refuses to Shut Off: I have a 5 month new Dell XPS 13 laptop, running Windows 10, 64 bit. It has been running perfectly fine until the other day when I noticed the unit couldn't be turned off as it usually does. I hit the Power Off button, but instead of shutting down it restarts as if I hit...