Windows 10: Shutting Off Screen Lock Settings No Longer Works

Discus and support Shutting Off Screen Lock Settings No Longer Works in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've always shut off screen locking, hibernation, screen saver, and sleep. For as many years as these features have existed, I've turned them off.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Telecide, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Telecide Win User

Shutting Off Screen Lock Settings No Longer Works

I've always shut off screen locking, hibernation, screen saver, and sleep. For as many years as these features have existed, I've turned them off. Around a month ago I started finding my screens blank upon returning to my system after a half hour or so. A click of the mouse or space bar then brings up may login screen where I have to login again. I've checked and rechecked all the settings that have worked for years AND I've even checked to see if my display drivers (AMD) added anything new, but no luck. Any ideas as to why I can't shut this feature off anymore?

:)

Telecide, Oct 29, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Startup photos no longer working

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the step below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key.
    • Click on setting.
    • Select Personalization.
    • Click on lock screen.
    • Turn on “Show lock screen background picture on the sign in screen”.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Lock Screen Image Issue

Hi Kirby,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

I would suggest you to set the default pictures as the Lock Screen picture from the PC and check if it works or not.

Follow the steps below:

• In start type "settings" and press enter.
    • Select Personalize
    • From the left click on "Lock screen"
    • Select the default picture and conform by preview.
    Please do get back to us to assist you better with issue you are facing.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Shutting Off Screen Lock Settings No Longer Works

Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Shutting Off Screen Lock Settings No Longer Works

1. Shutting Off Screen Lock Settings No Longer Works - Similar Threads - Shutting Off Screen

2. Laptop randomly shut off and no longer works unless plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop randomly shut off and no longer works unless plugged in: This is actually the second time this has occured, the first time I took it back to the store I bought it from and they fixed it along with another software issue that they told me caused this battery issue as well. It happens with no warning, and updating everything did not...
  3. Laptop randomly shut off and no longer works unless plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop randomly shut off and no longer works unless plugged in: This is actually the second time this has occured, the first time I took it back to the store I bought it from and they fixed it along with another software issue that they told me caused this battery issue as well. It happens with no warning, and updating everything did not...
  4. Up arrow no longer works on lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Up arrow no longer works on lock screen: The up arrow no longer pushes the background up to reveal the login/password. I have to hit ctrl+alt+del like some chump. What changed and how do I get this back?...
  5. Screen shuts off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen shuts off: Hello, I have an hp pavillion dy0001nxI just bought it yesterday and when im using tablet mode and using pen the screen suddenly turned off even it was 100%. And when it didnt the urn on normally by pressing the button. I had to plug it in and then when it turned on it had 2%...
  6. Sleep function no longer works, screen just shuts off and PC keeps running

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep function no longer works, screen just shuts off and PC keeps running: Hi, I'm having the exact same issue that this user was having: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-power-winpc/windows-10-desktop-computer-wont-sleep-it-only/5f56ff57-9dc4-4489-ae84-b6db9f075547 I've tried all the same fixes that were suggested in...
  7. Windows 10 locking screen instead of shutting off display

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 locking screen instead of shutting off display: Ok boys, I am so ridiculously aggravated with Windows right now. I recently re-installed Windows and apparently the computer was possessed during the reinstall. I'm finally on the last of the issues that I've had to fix. Windows absolutely refuses to just turn off my...
  8. Computer Blue Screens or Shut Offs when I lock it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Blue Screens or Shut Offs when I lock it: Once again that crash was caused by Driver Verifier being ON and it detected special pool memory corruption caused by the display driver atikmpag.sys. Let's see how the system behaves once you have turned Driver Verifier off. Use the tutorial below to configure your...
  9. "Lock Screen" Settings Do not Work

in Windows 10 Support
    "Lock Screen" Settings Do not Work: I am trying to defeat screen lock on my system while YouTube uploads a video. If the screen saver engages I only have a few seconds to disengage it before the upload locks. I have tried "Never" and "5 hours" as my choices. However after only a few minutes the screen locks and...
  10. Set PC to go to lock screen after inactivity w/o shutting off screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    Set PC to go to lock screen after inactivity w/o shutting off screen?: This might be a stupid question but I havent found a solution for it myself, probably looking in all the wrong places.. would like to be able to have my computer go to the lock screen after an alotted time of inactivity without turning off the screen itself as in the power...