Windows 10: Shutting the lid....

Discus and support Shutting the lid.... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi All I told my Win 10 tablet to do nothing when I shut the lid. I need to get in and out of cars carefully without stopping the scanner program I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by RichardMerriman, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Shutting the lid....

Hi All

I told my Win 10 tablet to do nothing when I shut the lid. I need to get in and out of cars carefully without stopping the scanner program I am running. However, even though the system no longer goes into sleep mode, nor does it has any effect on any other program, I still kicks me out of my scan tool if I close the lid. I need this to have ZERO effect when I close the lid. Is there any way to make this thing obey?

:)

RichardMerriman, Jun 6, 2019

2. Shutting the lid....

I think it still interrupts the USBs when is senses the lid shutting. Anybody know how to stop the USBs from getting interrupted when closing the laptop lid? Maybe some sort of power save thing. I need shutting the lid to have ZERO effect.

RichardMerriman, Jun 27, 2019
  3. Any suggestions why my windows 10 laptop shuts down when the lid is closed and also without use and the lid open it shuts down

Any suggestions why my windows 10 laptop shuts down when the lid is closed and also without use and the lid open it shuts down?

Dan Finger, Jun 27, 2019
  4. Shutting the lid....

When close lid during shutting down, PC go into sleep.

Hello,
    I've got a problem (or a feature ? Not so sure) that when I finish my work, I shutting down my laptop, while waiting it to be shut down, I close the lid.
    The problem is when I close the lid, the laptop go into sleep mode, and when I back to work, I open the lid to press the power button and it resume the 'shut down' process.
    This hasn't happen before, any suggestion ? Many thanks Shutting the lid.... :)

phamthanhnhan, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

Shutting the lid....

1. Shutting the lid.... - Similar Threads - Shutting lid

2. Laptop shuts down a short while after lid closed when running certain applications

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shuts down a short while after lid closed when running certain applications: If I leave my browser open for example, and close the lid, the laptop remains on indefinitely which is what I want, however if I leave something slightly more resource heavy on, and close the lid, about about 10 minutes or so it shuts off, I have no idea how to fix this, all...
  3. Laptop shuts down a short while after lid closed when running certain applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shuts down a short while after lid closed when running certain applications: If I leave my browser open for example, and close the lid, the laptop remains on indefinitely which is what I want, however if I leave something slightly more resource heavy on, and close the lid, about about 10 minutes or so it shuts off, I have no idea how to fix this, all...
  4. Laptop shuts down a short while after lid closed when running certain applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. When I close my laptop lid, instead of going to sleep, it shuts down immediately after...

When I close my laptop lid, instead of going to sleep, it shuts down immediately after...: In my PC, I've recently installed Windows 11. When I close my laptop lid, instead of going to sleep, it shuts down. Additionally, when I open the lid, it restarts automatically. This issue keeps occurring whenever I close my laptop lid, and it didn't happen with Windows 10....
  6. When I close my laptop lid, instead of going to sleep, it shuts down immediately after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I close my laptop lid, instead of going to sleep, it shuts down immediately after...: In my PC, I've recently installed Windows 11. When I close my laptop lid, instead of going to sleep, it shuts down. Additionally, when I open the lid, it restarts automatically. This issue keeps occurring whenever I close my laptop lid, and it didn't happen with Windows 10....
  7. Laptop shuts down when lid is closed regardless of setting .

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shuts down when lid is closed regardless of setting .: My hp15 laptop has decided to shut down completely when the lid is closed regardless of being set to 'Do Nothing' or to 'Sleep' in either power mode. This has been happening for over a week.I have tried various recommended solutions with no change.When I start it again it...
  8. Laptop shuts down when lid is closed regardless of setting .

Laptop shuts down when lid is closed regardless of setting .: My hp15 laptop has decided to shut down completely when the lid is closed regardless of being set to 'Do Nothing' or to 'Sleep' in either power mode. This has been happening for over a week.I have tried various recommended solutions with no change.When I start it again it...
  9. Laptop shuts down when lid is closed regardless of setting .

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Laptop shuts down after a few hours of the lid staying closed

Laptop shuts down after a few hours of the lid staying closed: I'm experiencing this issue on two Lenovo laptops running Windows 11; one is running on 23H2 22631.3007.When I close the lid, the laptop behaves as expected. The screen turns off, and the laptop enters sleep mode, with the power button light flashing slowly to indicate that....