Windows 10: Shutting the lid....

Discus and support Shutting the lid.... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi All I told my Win 10 tablet to do nothing when I shut the lid. I need to get in and out of cars carefully without stopping the scanner program I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by RichardMerriman, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Shutting the lid....

Hi All

I told my Win 10 tablet to do nothing when I shut the lid. I need to get in and out of cars carefully without stopping the scanner program I am running. However, even though the system no longer goes into sleep mode, nor does it has any effect on any other program, I still kicks me out of my scan tool if I close the lid. I need this to have ZERO effect when I close the lid. Is there any way to make this thing obey?

:)

RichardMerriman, Jun 6, 2019
Thema:

Shutting the lid....

1. Shutting the lid.... - Similar Threads - Shutting lid

2. Win 10 won't shut down

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 won't shut down: After new hard drive installation...Win 10 will not shut down. My old hard drive also had Win 10 so I am really baffled by the problem. I unchecked "fast start". That didn't change anything. FYI I did check MSINFO and found that the Bios are legacy. I've been with...
  3. My computer is either hibernating or shutting down when i close my lid or press the power...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer is either hibernating or shutting down when i close my lid or press the power...: I want my computer to go to sleep when I close the lid or press the power button. I pressed on Control Panel > searched Power Options > then "Choose what the power button does" or "Choose what closing the lid does" and it says on both options that it will sleep when I press...
  4. how do I prevent windows from auto shutting down when I close the lid/ can I be alerted to...

how do I prevent windows from auto shutting down when I close the lid/ can I be alerted to...: how do I prevent windows from auto shutting down when I close the lid/ can I be alerted to when this happens sometimes usually when I haven't shut down my pc in a while when I close the lid it just autoshuts down...
  5. HP Windows 10 laptop now shuts down after most recent update when lid is moved

HP Windows 10 laptop now shuts down after most recent update when lid is moved: As the title says. Already checked "Choose what closing the lid does." It was previously set to "Do nothing." Still is. Also, this isnt about "Closing the lid", but merely adjusting the angle of the lid which results in immediate shutdown. Unit is always plugged in....
  6. lid close shuts down Pavilion laptop (eventhough settings say never)

lid close shuts down Pavilion laptop (eventhough settings say never): When I close the lid, regardless of any advanced power settings telling it to do nothing, hibernate, sleep, etc, it will shut down. I've looked this up and I can see a lot of people are having similar troubles, but I haven't had any solutions work. I've updated drivers,...
  7. Fan still running after shut lid and shut down

in Windows 10 Support
    Fan still running after shut lid and shut down: Hey guys, I have noticed this problem come up on my Dell 7537 (Check out my profile for details) when I close the lid to put the computer to sleep, the HDD light turns off, but the fan continues to run, even after several hours. When I open the lid back up, it is just a...
  8. Computer shuts down when lid is closed

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer shuts down when lid is closed: My computer doesn't suspend or hibernate when I close the lid no matter which configurations I set on power options. It always shuts down the computer. If I click the power button before closing the lid, it suspends but when I close the lid he shuts down. I've tried to update...
  9. My laptop shuts down when I close the lid or press the power button?

in Windows 10 Support
    My laptop shuts down when I close the lid or press the power button?: This problem only started around last week, but I have also had it in the past. Whenever I shut the lid of my laptop (which I have set for the laptop to to enter sleep mode), it seems to sleep normally (i.e. the fan turns off and the power button blinks to indicate the...
  10. When close lid during shutting down, PC go into sleep.

in Windows 10 Support
    When close lid during shutting down, PC go into sleep.: Hello, I've got a problem (or a feature ? Not so sure) that when I finish my work, I shutting down my laptop, while waiting it to be shut down, I close the lid. The problem is when I close the lid, the laptop go into sleep mode, and when I back to work, I open the lid to...