Windows 10: Sick of ads

Discus and support Sick of ads in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The OP simply needs to turn off notifications for that site! [img] Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by xpac5896, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Edwin New Member

Sick of ads

The OP simply needs to turn off notifications for that site!

Sick of ads [​IMG]

Edwin, Dec 31, 2017
  2. f14tomcat Win User

Agree, Edwin. I made that suggestion to try last year (*Wink) and OP never responded. Sick of ads - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums

Will just have to wait.............

f14tomcat, Jan 1, 2018
  3. Barman58 Win User
    Jack, you and others have not done anything wrong here, and I include myself in that statement, We have just done what we do when a thread is slow - we go off topic *Wink The recent issues with Avast/Piriform/Google have been discussed in depth elsewhere on the forums, and it's important to do this

They are useful here too as the may be relevant, or suggest a reason for, the issue, so should all remain in place

Barman58, Jan 1, 2018
  4. xpac5896 Win User

Sick of ads

I really do need to apologize for not paying attention to this thread. I haven't been feeling all that good lately and haven't even come near my computer.
    I did find the culprit of all those ads and it was GOOGLE CHROME. I never had any idea or even thought about it until I clicked on one of the ads. They're gone now after fixing this darned thing. Never had any problems with Chrome up until those pesky ads started popping up. I may be wrong but it could get worse. By that I mean Google may decide to take away the ability to block the ads seeing as how the IP's are going to control the net. They'll want to maximize all they can to make the almighty dollar and all they'll have to do is pay Google a monthly fee and next thing you know you got stuff popping up all over the place. Now you may say this is a little far fetched but trust me the bottom line means more than anything else. But as for now the ads are history and hopefully they'll stay that way. Thanks all for your help and I hope you all have a Happy New Year! Yea, right.

xpac5896, Jan 5, 2018
  5. z3r010 Win User
    Absolute nonsense, you may of thought that but it's something else that you have installed.

z3r010, Jan 5, 2018
  6. XPAC, I don't know what security scans you have run.

After having Google Chrome installed I suggest running this looking for a Google bundled package.

The bundle will look something like this.

Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Google.D potentially unsafe application

Free Virus Scan | Online Virus Scan from ESET ESET

Jack

Layback Bear, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Sick of ads

1. Sick of ads - Similar Threads - Sick ads

2. I'm getting sick of windows. It's just one problem after another. Another clean install...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm getting sick of windows. It's just one problem after another. Another clean install...: Ok. I'm getting sick of windows. It's just one problem after another. Now after my 5th reinstall Disk Managment is completely blank, even the menu's are all white. If I try and open properties for any of my drives all my windows close and nothing else happens. If I look at my...
  3. I'm getting sick of windows. It's just one problem after another. Another clean install...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm getting sick of windows. It's just one problem after another. Another clean install...: Ok. I'm getting sick of windows. It's just one problem after another. Now after my 5th reinstall Disk Managment is completely blank, even the menu's are all white. If I try and open properties for any of my drives all my windows close and nothing else happens. If I look at my...
  4. So Sick of Microsoft Windows.

in Windows 10 Customization
    So Sick of Microsoft Windows.: So i have a folder under a network computer labeled "**** MICROSOFT" it shared the same content as my video library. I finally got the content deleted out of the folder but for some **** reason the content in the video library was deleted also. I don't know why you **** make...
  5. So Sick of Microsoft Windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So Sick of Microsoft Windows.: so i have a folder under a network computer labeled "**** MICROSOFT" it shared the same content as my video library. I finally got the content deleted out of the folder but for some **** reason the content in the video library was deleted also. I don't know why you **** make...
  6. So Sick of Microsoft Windows.

So Sick of Microsoft Windows.: so i have a folder under a network computer labeled "**** MICROSOFT" it shared the same content as my video library. I finally got the content deleted out of the folder but for some **** reason the content in the video library was deleted also. I don't know why you **** make...
  7. sick to death of "the device is in use by another process..." AND don't point me to a...

sick to death of "the device is in use by another process..." AND don't point me to a...: Why can't Microsoft figure this out? It has to be the number one topic from people who are fed up with it. If I go through the proper procedure to eject a usb drive, half of the time it gives me this stupid error and I wind up having to shut the computer down to remove the...
  8. sick to death of "the device is in use by another process..." AND don't point me to a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sick to death of "the device is in use by another process..." AND don't point me to a...: Why can't Microsoft figure this out? It has to be the number one topic from people who are fed up with it. If I go through the proper procedure to eject a usb drive, half of the time it gives me this stupid error and I wind up having to shut the computer down to remove the...
  9. I'm sick of Windows screw ups!!! Why are all my png photos suddenly showing blue mountains?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm sick of Windows screw ups!!! Why are all my png photos suddenly showing blue mountains?: I'm am sick of once a week or more windows screwing up something!!! Why are my photos showing blue mountains? It's only the png photos all the others show the actual photo. None of these are in One Drive they are all in my downloads folders. Here's another great windows...
  10. I'm sick of Windows screw ups!!! Why are all my png photos suddenly showing blue mountains?

I'm sick of Windows screw ups!!! Why are all my png photos suddenly showing blue mountains?: I'm am sick of once a week or more windows screwing up something!!! Why are my photos showing blue mountains? It's only the png photos all the others show the actual photo. None of these are in One Drive they are all in my downloads folders. Here's another great windows...