Windows 10: Sick of Win10 Processes

Discus and support Sick of Win10 Processes in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm actually sick of Windows in general and I'm wondering if there is any stripped down, bare bones version of Windows that has internet capability,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/arcticranger, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Sick of Win10 Processes

I'm actually sick of Windows in general and I'm wondering if there is any stripped down, bare bones version of Windows that has internet capability, basic sound and video drivers but little else. I use approx 1/10,000 of Win10 features and always install my own video, photo and sound tools. I am dimly aware of a community that was looking for this type of thing 20 years ago. It's also annoying as I'd like to use my laptop in live music settings and just don't trust it to NOT go into update mode mid performance.

Sadly I'm an old school Linux guy but Linux has zero compatibility with music software.

submitted by /u/arcticranger
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/arcticranger, Mar 1, 2020
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Mar 1, 2020
  3. Gusgf Win User
    Issues with Win10 Media Creation Tool

Got it working in the end, not sure what happened but now have bootable usb with Win10 on it.

Gusgf, Mar 1, 2020
  4. Berton Win User

Sick of Win10 Processes

Issues with Win10 Media Creation Tool

The posted image suggests to me the process needs to back a step or two.

Berton, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

Sick of Win10 Processes

1. Sick of Win10 Processes - Similar Threads - Sick Win10 Processes

2. sick to death of "the device is in use by another process..." AND don't point me to a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sick to death of "the device is in use by another process..." AND don't point me to a...: Why can't Microsoft figure this out? It has to be the number one topic from people who are fed up with it. If I go through the proper procedure to eject a usb drive, half of the time it gives me this stupid error and I wind up having to shut the computer down to remove the...
  3. WIN10 Unknown Process ""

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    WIN10 Unknown Process "": I recently ran a powercfg /sleepsystemdiagnostics report to determine what is keeping the display running when the system is idle. I can across this process in the report. I've never seen it before. Can anyone identify it?START TIME: 2022-08-31 T08:16:16DURATION: 0:17:11TYPE:...
  4. WIN10 Unknown Process ""

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIN10 Unknown Process "": I recently ran a powercfg /sleepsystemdiagnostics report to determine what is keeping the display running when the system is idle. I can across this process in the report. I've never seen it before. Can anyone identify it?START TIME: 2022-08-31 T08:16:16DURATION: 0:17:11TYPE:...
  5. WIN10 Unknown Process ""

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. sick to death of "the device is in use by another process..."

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sick to death of "the device is in use by another process...": Why the f**k can't Microsoft figure this out? It has to be the number one topic from people who are fed up with it. If I go through the proper procedure to eject a usb drive, half of the time it gives me this stupid error and I wind up having to shut the computer down to...
  7. Sick of MS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sick of MS: I am sick and tired of Microsoft putting out updates and deciding what the hell should be important to me. Why the heck can they come and make it so applications that I have been using for years will no long function correctly? Start sending out a check with these updates...
  8. sick of microsoft

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sick of microsoft: how can microsoft be so arrogant out off touch, if it were a car you would douse it in fuel and torch it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sick-of-microsoft/d8d0b1cc-fe8e-4400-b97f-04aac75bbb49
  9. Sick of It

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sick of It: I have been working with PCs since the 8086 ... I have been through MsDoS (all versions) as well as Windows since 3.11 for workgroups ... it seems as though MS has not been able to get it right since MsDoS 4.0 ... anyone remember the parity errors? Anyone remember all the...
  10. Sick of ads

in Windows 10 Support
    Sick of ads: Can anyone PLEASE tell me how to get rid of these stupid ads. I've got all notifications OFF and I still get these @#(*^%$ ads. I did a search and basically they talk about getting rid of ads from browsers. 101172