Windows 10: sick to death of "the device is in use by another process..."

Discus and support sick to death of "the device is in use by another process..." in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Why the f**k can't Microsoft figure this out? It has to be the number one topic from people who are fed up with it. If I go through the proper... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bbfarmer, Aug 3, 2021.

1. bbfarmer Win User

sick to death of "the device is in use by another process..."

Why the f**k can't Microsoft figure this out? It has to be the number one topic from people who are fed up with it. If I go through the proper procedure to eject a usb drive, half of the time it gives me this stupid error and I wind up having to shut the computer down to remove the drive. If Windows can tell me something is using the drive, WHY THE F**K can't it figure out WHAT is using it so I can shut it down? Why should the user have to trudge into task manager and try to figure out what's using the drive? Windows has only been around since the freaking 80s, so you'd think 40 years would be

:)

bbfarmer, Aug 3, 2021
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Aug 3, 2021
  3. BSOD - Critical Process Died

Hi Tony,

The blue screen error with a stop code 'Critical Process Died' that you encountered can be caused by a recent update, device drivers that got corrupted or system files that got corrupted. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• What changes were made or what updates were installed prior to the issue occurring?
    • Did you mean to say that you ran your device in safe mode when you said that you booted the device with only Microsoft Processes running?
    • Which version and build of Windows 10 is installed on your device?

As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you follow the steps on this
    link
    to run the driver verifier. Driver verifier is an inbuilt tool in the Windows operating system, which helps you to test the drivers which may be corrupted. These corrupted drivers may contribute as to why you're getting a "Blue Screen of Death" (BSOD)
    or stop errors.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Aug 3, 2021
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Sick of ads

Agree, Edwin. I made that suggestion to try last year (*Wink) and OP never responded. Sick of ads - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums

Will just have to wait.............

f14tomcat, Aug 3, 2021
Thema:

1. sick to death of "the device is in use by another process..." - Similar Threads - sick death device

2. sick to death of "the device is in use by another process..." AND don't point me to a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sick to death of "the device is in use by another process..." AND don't point me to a...: Why can't Microsoft figure this out? It has to be the number one topic from people who are fed up with it. If I go through the proper procedure to eject a usb drive, half of the time it gives me this stupid error and I wind up having to shut the computer down to remove the...
  3. sick to death of "the device is in use by another process..." AND don't point me to a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sick to death of "the device is in use by another process..." AND don't point me to a...: Why can't Microsoft figure this out? It has to be the number one topic from people who are fed up with it. If I go through the proper procedure to eject a usb drive, half of the time it gives me this stupid error and I wind up having to shut the computer down to remove the...
  4. The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process: It says unable to open file for writing this never happen before but idk how to fix I watched yt videos on how to fix it but nothing works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-process-cannot-access-the-file-because-it-is/fdd31bc3-624a-4fca-b512-2d5763fd5dff
  5. The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process: I was using my Windows 10 PC and foolishly deleted a registry from regedit. This caused my system to go awry and since then I am facing the BSOD. I have tried resetting the system but the error 'There was a problem resetting your PC' came. I then tried: cd...
  6. Hosts file being used for another process

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hosts file being used for another process: Hi There sorry if the question is reposted. i tried to install some program but it denied due to the installation cant access hosts file because being used for another process see image below [ATTACH] since i dont what process using the hosts file and try to google to...
  7. The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process: Hello people, I get a strange error message every time I try to install haskell. My last attempt was trying to install it with the following command: choco install ghc --pre. The whole message is the following: C:\Windows\system32>choco install ghc --pre Chocolatey...
  8. The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process

in Windows 10 News
    The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process: [ATTACH]It’s a known fact that if a file is already in use, it cannot […] This article The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Sick of Win10 Processes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sick of Win10 Processes: I'm actually sick of Windows in general and I'm wondering if there is any stripped down, bare bones version of Windows that has internet capability, basic sound and video drivers but little else. I use approx 1/10,000 of Win10 features and always install my own video, photo...
  10. Sick of It

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sick of It: I have been working with PCs since the 8086 ... I have been through MsDoS (all versions) as well as Windows since 3.11 for workgroups ... it seems as though MS has not been able to get it right since MsDoS 4.0 ... anyone remember the parity errors? Anyone remember all the...