Windows 10: Sid Meier's Sim Golf

Discus and support Sid Meier's Sim Golf in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This is getting frustrating... I am the only user om my desktop. I have full administrator rights... and now when I launch the game it tells me that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Zjak, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Zjak Win User

Sid Meier's Sim Golf

This is getting frustrating...

I am the only user om my desktop. I have full administrator rights... and now when I launch the game it tells me that I need to login with administrator rights to PLAY THE GAME... WTF>>>?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I had administrator problems, that seems to be sorted out now, but now I can't play my games because I don't have administrator rights???? I am the administrator!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please help

I have tried to run it as administrator and then... nothing happens... it asks me to allow the game to make changes to, I say YES and DUD... Nothing.... nada... zilch

:)

Zjak, Sep 5, 2015
  2. ramusis Win User

Trouble launching Civ: Beyond Earth

2017 May 14.

After new Windows Update ''Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth'' won't open.

I Get a table with two options to choose:

-Play Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth

-Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth (AMD Mantle)

when I click on them neither works.

ramusis, Sep 5, 2015
  3. nj15 Win User
    about games

gent123,

Unfortunately, the Sid Meier's Pirates game is guaranteed to work only with phones running Windows Phone 7.5.

nj15, Sep 5, 2015
  4. Sid Meier's Sim Golf

midwestern, Sep 26, 2015
  5. Have you tried specifically running the exe file as admin? Right Click on the exe and select "Run as Administrator" and see if that works.

blackroseMD1, Sep 27, 2015
  6. Yep I've tried everything I'm restoring my computer now to see if that works

midwestern, Sep 27, 2015
  7. So I did a system restore 3 weeks back and I'm able to play again

midwestern, Sep 27, 2015
  8. Zjak Win User

Sid Meier's Sim Golf

I have found a way to get it running, but I cannot really discuss how I did it on this forum.

9. When going back three weeks that may be a bit too far back in order to isolate the particular update which may or may not even be an MS for Windows type. One fast option for repeat roll backs would be the need for the System Restore Point Shortcut option you see available in of the guides here. Before seeing the next batch of updates go on you create a new point as well as only allowing a few at a time to go on with a new point created in between each single update or each pair in order to keep the number down when having some 30 or more pending.

Once the problem reappears then you will know it will be in the last few right before seeing the problem return and can opt to hide those from being downloaded and installed again by a simply right click on the suspect to select the hide option. Switching from completely automatic to notify me first to schedule a restart can be a large help as well.

Night Hawk, Oct 3, 2015
  10. U think if I just bought the game again that it would work fine

midwestern, Oct 3, 2015
  11. AlanWade Win User
    Is this the game from 2002?

AlanWade, Oct 3, 2015
  12. You were saying the problem started when a bunch of updates went on. Buying the same game a second time won't solve the issue without knowing which update or what else besides any particular update was the cause. You would simply end up "throwing good money after bad" until this gets sorted out or expect to run into the exact same problem all over again!

Night Hawk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Sid Meier's Sim Golf

1. Sid Meier's Sim Golf - Similar Threads - Sid Meier's Sim

2. SID info

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SID info: I recently reinstalled Windows 10 home cleanly by formatting everything, and I logged in with a new user created for it. Now, going to a file, properties, security - it gives me users and groups 3 lines:SYSTEMS-1-5-21-538851902-18186xxxxxx-512xxxxx-1001 the x's are other...
  3. SID info

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SID info: I recently reinstalled Windows 10 home cleanly by formatting everything, and I logged in with a new user created for it. Now, going to a file, properties, security - it gives me users and groups 3 lines:SYSTEMS-1-5-21-538851902-18186xxxxxx-512xxxxx-1001 the x's are other...
  4. SID help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SID help: As the title goes, I need some help regarding SID. Long story short I'm running into an issue with SID being replicated across terminals when I deploy a hard drive image. How do I avoid SID replicating? I've successfully done this through sysprep, but for some reason it's...
  5. Getting Sid Meier's SimGolf to work on Windows 10 / Issues with VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting Sid Meier's SimGolf to work on Windows 10 / Issues with VirtualBox: HiI am having a lot of trouble trying to get SimGolf to work on Windows 10. I am not able to run in a compatibility mode as it will only allow me to try and run it as administration then it literally does nothing. There is a closed thread regarding the issues with no real...
  6. Getting Sid Meier's SimGolf to work on Windows 10 / Issues with VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting Sid Meier's SimGolf to work on Windows 10 / Issues with VirtualBox: HiI am having a lot of trouble trying to get SimGolf to work on Windows 10. I am not able to run in a compatibility mode as it will only allow me to try and run it as administration then it literally does nothing. There is a closed thread regarding the issues with no real...
  7. Application SID does not match Conductor SID.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Application SID does not match Conductor SID.: I have a user who consistently has issue with start Cisco AnyConnect VPN application. The application will not launch. I checked the logs and saw this message in the Event Viewer. [ATTACH] Is this error revolving around permissions? Thanks for your assistance. ~...
  8. Unknown SID

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown SID: I have a SID no. listed as a user in my homeusers group on windows10 pro. It starts: icon w/ ? mark S-1-11-96-..... I cannot a reference to determine who or what this is. Please help. [ATTACH]...
  9. Links 2001 GOlf

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Links 2001 GOlf: This is a PC game that no longer is playable with the CDs I purchased. Is there a way to purchase this that will play on newer versions of windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/links-2001-golf/8335be5d-59f5-452b-b9d0-7136115edda3
  10. SID question

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    SID question: My windows firewall is allowing an SID user inbound through Wi-fi Network Discovery dashost.exe. SID-1-5-92-3339056971-12910.... What is dashost and why inbound? Should I remove it? 72253

Users found this page by searching for:

1. secdrv how to play sid meiers sim golf in windows 10