Windows 10: Side Bar Search

Discus and support Side Bar Search in Cortana to solve the problem; There is Side Bar Edge in Edge which is terrific to have & use. I sometimes wonder if everyone is aware that the same function exists within MS365... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Drew1903, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Drew1903 Win User

Side Bar Search

There is Side Bar Edge in Edge which is terrific to have & use. I sometimes wonder if everyone is aware that the same function exists within MS365 Outlook. Can highlight text or whatever in an E-mail & have a search result panel materialize on the right side within your Outlook; Same as Side Bar Search in the browser.

Cheers,
    Drew
    Side Bar Search 3cb3a687-99b8-473e-9bf5-fea3d65307a2?upload=true.jpg

:)

Drew1903, Sep 13, 2020

2. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 13, 2020
  3. fussybob Win User
    IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Sep 13, 2020
  4. Side Bar Search

Downloaded app, and a random search bar came to the top of my screen.

The search bar that is showing on the upper part of the screen is a 3rd party search bar tool. This tool bar may have been included during the installation or when you installed the CamStudio on your computer. To take that off from your screen, we suggest
    that you uninstall the search bar tool. To do that, follow these steps:

• Right-click on Start and click Control Panel.
    • Go to Programs and features and click Uninstall a Program.
    • Under Uninstall or change a program, scroll through the list to check if there is any third party tool\search bar installed on the computer.
    • If yes, right-click on the tool\search bar and uninstall it.

Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Marque Lor, Sep 13, 2020
Thema:

Side Bar Search

1. Side Bar Search - Similar Threads - Side Bar Search

2. Search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search bar: When I go into settings, file search or even the search bar in the bottom left.My computer constantly clicks the search bar.It doesn't do this on google chrome or any other non windows software.I have tried replacing my mouse and this did not work.Why is it doing this? It...
  3. Reversing the Side Task Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reversing the Side Task Bar: I recently started using the side task bar rather than the bottom one. I was wondering if it was possible to flip the task bar so the the Windows Start was still in the Bottom Left of the screen. It seems like a better spot for it rather than in the top corner....
  4. Windows search bar and side settings keeps switching to different things

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows search bar and side settings keeps switching to different things: When I try to restart my laptop it keeps glitching up like it’s being stuck upwards submitted by /u/JF9145600_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i9kfn3/windows_search_bar_and_side_settings_keeps/
  5. Search Bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search Bar: After the latest update, I can type no more than three characters in the search bar next to the start button. I'm on version Version 1909 Build 18363.959. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help you can offer. submitted by /u/patco81 [link] [comments]...
  6. search bar

in Windows 10 Support
    search bar: Can I remove the search bar? I find it irritating and I don't use Chrome. 157359
  7. Search bar

in Cortana
    Search bar: After installing the latest update for windows 10 from microsoft updates I noticed that I'm unable to type anything into the search bar. I've tried several things found on various windows forums with no success. I've also uninstalled the said latest update but no joy. Is...
  8. remove side bars in start

remove side bars in start: When I press Start, 2/3 of the screen is taken up by icons under the headings of Create, Explore. How do I get rid of those irrelevant, space and time wasting, obscuring windows? Also annoying is the scroll bar which disappears and has to be found then clicked to reappear....
  9. Bars on side of window

Bars on side of window: Okay, so after linking my computer to my Microsoft account I started to get these weird bars on the side and bottom of a window on Windows 10. So if someone could help me know how to fix it I would appreciate it [ATTACH]...
  10. Black Bars on side of Monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Black Bars on side of Monitor: Hello everyone, I can't go a resolution higher than 1024 x 768 my graphics card is ATI Radeon HD 3450 CPU is Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz please help, thanks! 98811