Windows 10: side by side configuration error

Discus and support side by side configuration error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After I download an update for an application, when I attempt to open the file I get the following error: [ATTACH]Does anyone know what this means?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Len Goodwin, Jan 8, 2021.

1. side by side configuration error

After I download an update for an application, when I attempt to open the file I get the following error:

side by side configuration error 41e3e219-0558-41b0-9f62-be0240e6b09e?upload=true.png Does anyone know what this means? When I download the update on a separate device and port it to my machine by sneakernet it installs nominally.

:)

Len Goodwin, Jan 8, 2021
  2. Solaris17 Win User

is there any demand for a system configurator?

Processor(V) <--drop down arrow
    -AMD(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---AM2(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---939(V)
    ----List of CPU's
    -Intel(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---775(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---771(V)
    ----List of CPU's

etc etc.

Solaris17, Jan 8, 2021
  3. ex_reven Win User
    RAID 0 Error

I did what you suggested and I got a boot media error telling me to insert a OS disk. I removed them from RAID, installed vista again and ran some diagnostics on the now individual drives and all programs (Speedfan, Seatools, Everest etc) listed the drives as healthy and up to spec in terms of performance.

Sorry for the late reply, ive been reinstalling all my software etc.
    Just wanted to conclude the thread, thanks for all your suggestions guys.

ex_reven, Jan 8, 2021
  4. Azhar Win User

side by side configuration error

RPi2 from Windows cross compilation Error "The test for linking against libxcb failed!"

Error in Cross Compilation, I am using Qt5.0, Windows10, Raspberry Pi 2.
    I was following this tutorial and the process failed at step 16 and tried with its suggestion but cannot find a solution.

Error prompted after step 16 is:

Running configuration tests...
    The test for linking against libxcb failed!
    Use of pkg-config is not enabled, maybe you want to pass -force-pkg-config?
    You might need to install dependency packages for libxcb.
    See src/plugins/platforms/xcb/README.

and when I printed log in file as tutorial suggested, there are some errors mentioned like:

• cc1plus.exe: error: unrecognized command line option '-fuse-ld=gold'
    • error "Symbolic function binding on this architecture may be broken, disabling it (see QTBUG-36129)."
    • etc.

I tried but still find no solution.

Azhar, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

side by side configuration error

1. side by side configuration error - Similar Threads - side side configuration

2. Error side-by-side configuration is incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error side-by-side configuration is incorrect: Hello - My Dell laptop just through an error that "the application failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect". I have Microsoft 365 installed but use Chrome as my web browser. The error occurred when trying to launch Chrome. I believe this is also...
  3. Error side-by-side configuration is incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error side-by-side configuration is incorrect: Hello - My Dell laptop just through an error that "the application failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect". I have Microsoft 365 installed but use Chrome as my web browser. The error occurred when trying to launch Chrome. I believe this is also...
  4. side by side configuration error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    side by side configuration error: I have recently installed GTA 4 and when I open it, this is the error that is shows, I have tried reinstalling microsoft visual c++ 2015 and checking values in regedit but the problem still persists...
  5. side by side configuration error

side by side configuration error: I have recently installed GTA 4 and when I open it, this is the error that is shows, I have tried reinstalling microsoft visual c++ 2015 and checking values in regedit but the problem still persists...
  6. side by side configuration

side by side configuration: the application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/side-by-side-configuration/375110d8-05d1-4c69-8ecc-087f88676162
  7. Side by side configuration error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Side by side configuration error: "The application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail."I cant open some apps because of this "side by side configuration is incorrect", i tried...
  8. Side-by-side configuration Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Side-by-side configuration Error: Hi All of a sudden when i was using my laptop I started having this "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect". And I have tried some of the solutions giving in the internet from trying to install Microsoft Visual C++...
  9. "Side by side configuration" Error

"Side by side configuration" Error: I'm catching this error with almost all of my apps. I can't open word, adobe reader, windows media player and I can't uninstall or install apps/programs. Attached is the exact error I' m getting. I haven't downloaded anything new. Any idea what is causing this? [img]...
  10. Side by Side configuration error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Side by Side configuration error: When I try to open a game, an error comes up saying "The application has failed to start because it's side by side configuration is incorrect". I already tried download the C++ package but when I try to run it the same thing comes up. I've already tried everything but when I...