Windows 10: Side by Side error for a game application

Discus and support Side by Side error for a game application in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi for some reason I am getting the "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LeoBlue026, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Side by Side error for a game application

Hi for some reason I am getting the "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail." on a game I want to play and I'm not sure how to fix this. I attached a photo of the error I get. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

LeoBlue026, Oct 13, 2017

2. Side By Side Config Error side-by-side

Hi,

There are several reasons why your system would crush at a certain time, in this case some of the components of the game is corrupted or the drivers of your PC needs to be updated.
    To isolate the issue, here is a link on
    how to download and use the Apps Troubleshooter.

Don't forget to let us know how it turns out.

Jomari Arc, Oct 13, 2017
  3. Side By Side Config Error side-by-side

Thank you for your response. Here are 2 more methods to troubleshoot Config Error:

Method 1:

Here is a
    link
    on how to perform a clean boot in Windows.

Method 2:

Here is a
    link
    on how to make programs to be compatible on version of Windows.

Update us if the issue persists.

Jomari Arc, Oct 13, 2017
  4. brnippert Win User

Side by Side error for a game application

brnippert, Oct 13, 2017
Thema:

Side by Side error for a game application

1. Side by Side error for a game application - Similar Threads - Side Side error

2. side by side configuration error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    side by side configuration error: After I download an update for an application, when I attempt to open the file I get the following error: [ATTACH]Does anyone know what this means? When I download the update on a separate device and port it to my machine by sneakernet it installs nominally....
  3. Side-by-side error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Side-by-side error: hey, out of nowhere im getting this side-by-side error in almost all applications. [ATTACH] I've tried pretty much every solution i could find regarding this error and nothing works. the only things i didn't try are installing the MS C++ redistributables the problem is i...
  4. Side By Side Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Side By Side Error: I have a Win 10 desktop which was new at the beginning of the year. I recently applied a patch to a program Cyberlink PowerDVD as recommended by the vendor. The patch/program failed to install causing the desktop to blue screen. There were no Windows crash dumps, but the...
  5. Side By Side Error when trying to launch a game

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Side By Side Error when trying to launch a game: I've recently ran into a problem after getting the most recent update, when trying to open a game I have on my computer. When I try to launch League of Legends I get the error message "The application has failed to start because its Side By Side configuration is incorrect"....
  6. Side by Side error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Side by Side error: Does anyone know how to fix side by side errors? Cant open excel and a few other apps... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/side-by-side-error/89890df9-d383-4883-bda7-942889fe4bc4
  7. side by side config error

side by side config error: how do you fix the side by side config error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/side-by-side-config-error/e32a7190-a835-4c5a-a831-3b32b7a2385c
  8. Side-by-side configuration Error

Side-by-side configuration Error: Hi All of a sudden when i was using my laptop I started having this "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect". And I have tried some of the solutions giving in the internet from trying to install Microsoft Visual C++...
  9. "Side by side configuration" Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Side by side configuration" Error: I'm catching this error with almost all of my apps. I can't open word, adobe reader, windows media player and I can't uninstall or install apps/programs. Attached is the exact error I' m getting. I haven't downloaded anything new. Any idea what is causing this? [img]...
  10. Side by Side configuration error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Side by Side configuration error: When I try to open a game, an error comes up saying "The application has failed to start because it's side by side configuration is incorrect". I already tried download the C++ package but when I try to run it the same thing comes up. I've already tried everything but when I...