Windows 10: Side by Side error for a game application

Discus and support Side by Side error for a game application in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi for some reason I am getting the "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LeoBlue026, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Side by Side error for a game application

Hi for some reason I am getting the "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail." on a game I want to play and I'm not sure how to fix this. I attached a photo of the error I get. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

LeoBlue026, Oct 13, 2017

2. Side By Side Config Error side-by-side

Hi,

There are several reasons why your system would crush at a certain time, in this case some of the components of the game is corrupted or the drivers of your PC needs to be updated.
    To isolate the issue, here is a link on
    how to download and use the Apps Troubleshooter.

Don't forget to let us know how it turns out.

Jomari Arc, Oct 13, 2017
  3. Side By Side Config Error side-by-side

Thank you for your response. Here are 2 more methods to troubleshoot Config Error:

Method 1:

Here is a
    link
    on how to perform a clean boot in Windows.

Method 2:

Here is a
    link
    on how to make programs to be compatible on version of Windows.

Update us if the issue persists.

Jomari Arc, Oct 13, 2017
  4. brnippert Win User

Side by Side error for a game application

brnippert, Oct 13, 2017
Thema:

Side by Side error for a game application

1. Side by Side error for a game application - Similar Threads - Side Side error

2. side by side configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    side by side configuration: I treid downloading Microsoft flight simulator x: steam edition and when I went to install it I got an error "the application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect". ive tried just about everything to fix this even contacting Microsoft...
  3. "Side by side configuration" Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Side by side configuration" Error: I'm catching this error with almost all of my apps. I can't open word, adobe reader, windows media player and I can't uninstall or install apps/programs. Attached is the exact error I' m getting. I haven't downloaded anything new. Any idea what is causing this? [img]...
  4. windows 10 side by side error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 side by side error: Hi Everyone Has anyone had the Windows 10 side by side error and not able to open, Office, Office Outlook, Windows Recovery and I have tried repair restart that does not work either any help would be appreciated Thanks Linda...
  5. side by side

in Windows 10 Gaming
    side by side: اريد حل لهذه المشكلة علما ان اصدار الويندوز 1809 والمشكلة توجد في معظم العاب لدى والبرامج [ATTACH] [ATTACH] وهذا مثال للمشكلة ولقد بحثت المواقع بعضهم كانوا يقولوا ان نعيد تثبيت برنامج Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 ولكن عند تثبيته نظهر هذه المشكلة [ATTACH] هذا بالنسبة...
  6. Side by Side configuration error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Side by Side configuration error: When I try to open a game, an error comes up saying "The application has failed to start because it's side by side configuration is incorrect". I already tried download the C++ package but when I try to run it the same thing comes up. I've already tried everything but when I...
  7. side by side

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    side by side: how do I open photos or files side by side on my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/side-by-side/6bfc7df5-d99d-453b-8df6-37575dd1cc89"
  8. Side by side error when installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Side by side error when installing: Hi I've just reinstalled my PC and just adding the same apps I had before. For some reason I can't install the Samsung Smart switch program. I get this error: Was running fine on Windows 10 before. Please help. Thx...
  9. Error - side by side configuration as incorrect.

in Windows 10 Support
    Error - side by side configuration as incorrect.: I'm trying to install free software called audacity. I'm facing the error of "side by side configuration". I was facing this trouble in windows 7. Feeling frustrated, I updated to windows 10. Unfortunately, this error is still there and I am unable to install this free...
  10. Side-by-side errors on almost everything

in Windows 10 Support
    Side-by-side errors on almost everything: Hi, I've been having occasional problem with date changes in Windows 10. It started happening right after some system updates. Usually the date would jump ahead by about ten days but the time would be okay. This mostly (maybe always) was right after waking up from...