Windows 10: Side by Side errors causing downloaded program files to not open Microsoft.VC90.MFC *SOLVED

Discus and support Side by Side errors causing downloaded program files to not open Microsoft.VC90.MFC *SOLVED in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I wanted to share how I fixed this problem on my pc running Win 10 home 64 bit since after dealing with it for some time I never found this as an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by hakman22, Mar 8, 2019.

1. hakman22 Win User

Side by Side errors causing downloaded program files to not open Microsoft.VC90.MFC *SOLVED

I wanted to share how I fixed this problem on my pc running Win 10 home 64 bit since after dealing with it for some time I never found this as an option. Originally I had this error on half my programs and fixed it. I had trouble running DISM (probably cause it's an exe) . Unfortunately I'm not sure how I got it to go but it repaired the issue.

DOWNLOADING ALL THE C++ AND NETFX'S DID NOTHING.

A couple weeks later I downloaded a utility program (from the website) that I liked on my Win 8 pro laptop .

When I tried to open it I got the popup saying the side by side configuration was wrong. I went to control panel, Administrative tools, event viewer which opens to the overview & summary page. In the top box "summary of admin events" I opened/expanded "error" Then scrolled down to #35 side by side. Double click on that and there will be the cause of your problem.It may be different than mine. Not sure why they don't allow you to cut n paste that info but if you look to the right you'll see a "copy" link , inside a "save as text". (I will post my error results at the end of this)

SAVE yourself a lot of time,go check the error log first! If it's not running/working go to services and turn it on. Then try to open the program again. This will put the error in the "new" log.

Basically for me the Microsoft.VC90.MFC.MANIFEST version in the program was different from the one my system was requesting (9.2 instead of 9.3)

To fix it I simply opened the program file, opened the MFC manifest in notepad and changed it to the correct version number. Of course it wouldn't allow me to put it back in so I saved it to the desktop,deleted the original MFC manifest (still in the prog file) then drag n dropped the modified one in which it then allowed. It does say it required admin rights or something like that but I hit ok and it completed the move. If you have tighter restrictions it could be an issue. I'd suggest opening the prog file as an Admin and retrying

Anyway, I clicked on the desktop link and the program opened right up. One thing to note; there were two VC90 manifests in the program one was the MFC the other CRT so make sure you pick the correct one. I'm certainly no expert at this so anyone that is feel free to add,correct or clarify.

Hope this is of some help!

Rob Hack

Oregon

BTW The program files were about 50/50 dated 2017 & 2019. I deleted the program, ran ccleaner, re installed a fresh downloaded copy, restarted it again so I tend to think the error was in the program as opposed to old files still in my PC.

Log Name: Application
    Source: SideBySide
    Date: 3/7/2019 6:40:35 PM
    Event ID: 35
    Task Category: None
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: Tetris
    Description:
    Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files (x86)\Glary Utilities 5\Integrator.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Glary Utilities 5\Microsoft.VC90.MFC.MANIFEST" on line 11. Component identity found in manifest does not match the identity of the component requested. Reference is Microsoft.VC90.MFC****". Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="SideBySide" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="49409">35</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-03-08T02:40:35.181316700Z" />
    <EventRecordID>2459</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>Tetris</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data>Microsoft.VC90.MFC,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="9.0.30729.6161"</Data>
    <Data>Microsoft.VC90.MFC,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="9.0.21022.8"</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Glary Utilities 5\Integrator.exe</Data>
    <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Glary Utilities 5\Microsoft.VC90.MFC.MANIFEST</Data>
    <Data>11</Data>
    <Data>

:)

hakman22, Mar 8, 2019
  2. MNorton Win User

LotusNotes program

Hello, please help me to solve my problem with LotusNotes program. The error occurs when i trying to access nsf file: The object store that is used

Any suggestions for nsf repair?

Martin

MNorton, Mar 8, 2019
  3. microsoft word 2003

I have a lot of ms word files on my pc. But one of them showed me an error - Getting unknown error messages while opening (.doc) or (.docx) files. I don't know how to open my word file or repair microsoft word. Any suggestions, guys, please.

abandone15, Mar 8, 2019
  4. bishop40k Win User

Side by Side errors causing downloaded program files to not open Microsoft.VC90.MFC *SOLVED

Microsoft to release File Sharing program

Avalanche as it is code-named will be Microsoft's own file-sharing application.

Microsoft unveiled the program at an open house at Cambridge Univeristy in the UK. The project is the company's own take on popular p2p services such as BitTorrent.

While MS's is using a different backend than BitTorrent, they are both used for essentially the same purpose-- the distribute large files between multiple users.

A spokesman for Microsoft said, however, there will be no naughtiness in Avalanche: "It includes strong security to ensure content providers are uniquely identifiable and to prevent unauthorised parties from offering content for download"

Full story can be read here

bishop40k, Mar 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Side by Side errors causing downloaded program files to not open Microsoft.VC90.MFC *SOLVED - Similar Threads - Side Side errors

2. Side by side error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Side by side error: I attempt to install Autodesk Revit 2024. but it finished in the middle of installing process. and an error with a "side-by-side" message appeared. I uninstalled C++ and reinstall an updated one, but the problem persists. what do I have to do?...
  3. Side by side error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Side by side error: I attempt to install Autodesk Revit 2024. but it finished in the middle of installing process. and an error with a "side-by-side" message appeared. I uninstalled C++ and reinstall an updated one, but the problem persists. what do I have to do?...
  4. Side by SIde error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Side by SIde error: Hi, I am getting side by side error while running any program on windows 10. error is "Application has failed to start because side by side configuration is incorrect. Event log is showing below detailsActivation context generation failed for "System Default Context"....
  5. Side by SIde error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Side by SIde error: Hi, I am getting side by side error while running any program on windows 10. error is "Application has failed to start because side by side configuration is incorrect. Event log is showing below detailsActivation context generation failed for "System Default Context"....
  6. Side by SIde error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Side-by-side error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Side-by-side error: hey, out of nowhere im getting this side-by-side error in almost all applications. [ATTACH] I've tried pretty much every solution i could find regarding this error and nothing works. the only things i didn't try are installing the MS C++ redistributables the problem is i...
  8. Side by Side error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Side by Side error: Does anyone know how to fix side by side errors? Cant open excel and a few other apps... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/side-by-side-error/89890df9-d383-4883-bda7-942889fe4bc4
  9. Side by Side Configuration error and some of my programs will not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Side by Side Configuration error and some of my programs will not open: I am getting a Side by Side Configuration error and some of my programs will not open. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help/2154189f-68c3-446c-a47b-b43ce06e2f09
  10. Updates cause side-to-side configuration error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Updates cause side-to-side configuration error: This problem appears after the Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3198586) update. After the update, several applications will not run - the error stating "its side-by-side configuration is incorrect" Deleting the update resolves the...