Windows 10: Side snap not sizing completely so the other window isn't triggered

Discus and support Side snap not sizing completely so the other window isn't triggered in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Does anyone know what this is about? It started to happen 2-3 months ago on all 3 of my devices. Was it part of some update? Every 3rd side-window... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Vadim T, Aug 4, 2021.

1. Vadim T Win User

Side snap not sizing completely so the other window isn't triggered

Does anyone know what this is about? It started to happen 2-3 months ago on all 3 of my devices. Was it part of some update? Every 3rd side-window "snap" feature where you drag a window to the side and it snaps to half of the screen action does this thing where it leaves the smallest gap at the top of its side of the screen. Not the biggest deal except that the other side of the window doesn't prompt me for which other open window I want as the other side. Also, I can't recreate this effect when I try. Maybe I'm doing it hastily? Or there's some up-left-left-start-select action I'm doing by

:)

Vadim T, Aug 4, 2021

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Aug 4, 2021
  3. Jake Win User
    How to disable Windows 10 window resize behavior after snapping?

I like Windows' snapping features, for the most part. I have trouble with one aspect of the feature, which resizes a window back to its previous size after snapping, if you move the window. I would rather keep the window at the snapped size.

Follow these steps to see what I mean:

1. Open a new window
      • Note the size of the window at this point
    2. Snap it to the side of the screen (Win + LeftArrow)
    3. Resize the window to be shorter
    4. Move the window to another spot

You will observe after step 4 that the window returns to the size it was in step 1. Windows remembers that size and recalls it when you move the window. Is there a way to have Windows keep the size I set via snap/resize instead of the previous size?

Jake, Aug 4, 2021
  4. Digijan Win User

Snap Assist to top and bottom in portrait mode

I work in Portrait on my desktop and have found an almost-but-not-quite solution building on Eeshwar's suggestion.

1) Snap a window to one of the corners. For this purpose we'll say you have your notes app and Snap it to bottom-left or bottom-right.

2) Size the snapped window horizontally to fill the screen

3) Snap "top" window to either top corner - the window will match the size of your previously-snapped bottom window and fill the rest of the screen.

This solution has drawbacks:

1) Extra step - you must resize the initial window after snapping

2) No official keyboard shortcuts

Digijan, Aug 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Side snap not sizing completely so the other window isn't triggered - Similar Threads - Side snap sizing

2. Side by side simultaneous views in snap windows - only one window fully open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Side by side simultaneous views in snap windows - only one window fully open.: In Windows 10 I could easily have two windows open at the same time on my screen. In Windows 11, whether I use the drag and open method, or the snap windows tile function, only one Window is fully functional, the other window is shaded. I have to switch to the window I want...
  3. Side by side simultaneous views in snap windows - only one window fully open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Side by side simultaneous views in snap windows - only one window fully open.: In Windows 10 I could easily have two windows open at the same time on my screen. In Windows 11, whether I use the drag and open method, or the snap windows tile function, only one Window is fully functional, the other window is shaded. I have to switch to the window I want...
  4. multitask side snap not displaying every window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    multitask side snap not displaying every window: Second mandatory thing I need to say first: Quit censoring me, maybe?Mandatory thing I needed to add because this site is fücking terrible: This post should be categorized in Apps, not Settings, because that's the kind of problem I'm having, but NONE OF THE SUB TOPICS FOR...
  5. multitask side snap not displaying every window

in Windows 10 Customization
    multitask side snap not displaying every window: Second mandatory thing I need to say first: Quit censoring me, maybe?Mandatory thing I needed to add because this site is fücking terrible: This post should be categorized in Apps, not Settings, because that's the kind of problem I'm having, but NONE OF THE SUB TOPICS FOR...
  6. multitask side snap not displaying every window

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Snapped side by side windows load away from side of screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Snapped side by side windows load away from side of screen: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/GorrakSmashSkull [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/tq8pyd/snapped_side_by_side_windows_load_away_from_side/
  8. Windows Snap sizes windows incorrectly.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Snap sizes windows incorrectly.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/AttackOfTheThumbs [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iku99o/windows_snap_sizes_windows_incorrectly/
  9. Disable Delay side snap for Dual Monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disable Delay side snap for Dual Monitor: Hello, How do I disable the Snap setting for when I move my window from one monitor to the other? All the answers I found for this are now outdated. Thanks!...
  10. SNAP windows using Windows key BUT NOT auto-size

in Windows 10 Customization
    SNAP windows using Windows key BUT NOT auto-size: Hi folks, I really like being able to click on a window and WIN-arrow it to right, top, left or bottom of the screen, but I want to TURN OFF the auto-enlarge to maximum size when I drag a window near to the edge of the display space. This auto-resize almost always blows the...