Windows 10: Sidebar notepad?

Discus and support Sidebar notepad? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Anyone know of a permanent sidebar notepad app that doesn't bombard me with live ads? I've always constantly used the Google Desktop notepad as I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bar958, Jun 13, 2016.

1. bar958 Win User

Sidebar notepad?

Anyone know of a permanent sidebar notepad app that doesn't bombard me with live ads?

I've always constantly used the Google Desktop notepad as I work, but apparently that isn't supported in Win10.

Sticky notes aren't any good. I need something that stays on screen while I move between Word/Photoshop/PP/pdfs, that saves when I turn off the pc, and that sits beside the window rather than obscuring part of it.

I'm having to resort to pencil and paper to make notes - rather a retrograde step, and useless for urls. I do miss Vista!

Any help appreciated.

:)

bar958, Jun 13, 2016
  2. Andre Da Costa, Jun 13, 2016
  3. IrBlueSky Win User
    Query about the removal of Sidebar and gadgets in windows 8 and 10

Original title: Sidebar and gadgets in windows 8 and 10

H

Why Microsoft remove sidebar and gadgets in windows 8 and 10 ?

Because inherent security flaws?

Thanks

IrBlueSky, Jun 13, 2016
  4. ARC1020 Win User

Sidebar notepad?

The built-in OneNote app maybe? Drag the top of the OneNote window to the far right-hand edge of the screen, so it snaps/splits the screen, then drag the middle to the right so it's no longer a 50/50 split. Drag all the programs, to the far left hand edge of the screen to snap them there (Aero Snap details HERE).

Sidebar notepad? [​IMG]

ARC1020, Jun 13, 2016
  5. bar958 Win User
    Thanks. That's great. Is there any way of making the OneNote section narrower (say 5cm rather than the minimum 14cm I can get at the moment), so I get more useful screen? Can I make this a default setting on opening the pc? Can I tell a program to always size pages to this window setting? I usually have five or six chapters open in Word and maybe a dozen Photoshop files open, and it looks like I'll have to snap and stretch each page as I open it. Sorry to be a pain when you've been so helpful.

bar958, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Sidebar notepad?

1. Sidebar notepad? - Similar Threads - Sidebar notepad

2. Unable to sync calendar with sidebar calendar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to sync calendar with sidebar calendar: I have just synced my work calendar from an online website with my outlook calendar. It has successfully synced to the calendar on the outlook app.However, it is not showing up on the sidebar calendar when I click on the time and date on bottom right hand corner. I was...
  3. Unable to sync calendar with sidebar calendar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to sync calendar with sidebar calendar: I have just synced my work calendar from an online website with my outlook calendar. It has successfully synced to the calendar on the outlook app.However, it is not showing up on the sidebar calendar when I click on the time and date on bottom right hand corner. I was...
  4. Unable to sync calendar with sidebar calendar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How To Remove Sidebar CoPilot Popup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Remove Sidebar CoPilot Popup: I've found answers online that have had no effect in preventing the annoying behavior of the Copilot Sidebar popping up. Registry changes, settings changed....?Edge has a setting, "Automatically open CoPilot in the Sidebar", but the button is disabled? This behavior happens...
  6. How To Remove Sidebar CoPilot Popup

How To Remove Sidebar CoPilot Popup: I've found answers online that have had no effect in preventing the annoying behavior of the Copilot Sidebar popping up. Registry changes, settings changed....?Edge has a setting, "Automatically open CoPilot in the Sidebar", but the button is disabled? This behavior happens...
  7. how do i open th notes sidebar in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i open th notes sidebar in windows 11?: How do I open the notes sidebar in Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-th-notes-sidebar-in-windows-11/e91ddcb7-38e8-4bb2-9d03-b83c23ed35a2
  8. how do i open th notes sidebar in windows 11?

how do i open th notes sidebar in windows 11?: How do I open the notes sidebar in Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-th-notes-sidebar-in-windows-11/e91ddcb7-38e8-4bb2-9d03-b83c23ed35a2
  9. 0365 Save As Window Missing the Address Bar and Sidebar is missing descriptions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0365 Save As Window Missing the Address Bar and Sidebar is missing descriptions: Problem: The save as dialog box in my 0365 Apps is both missing the address bar and components of the sidebar under this PC are blank and inaccessible. Please see the screenshot for clarification. As such I am not able to save to those locations through the save as window. I...
  10. 0365 Save As Window Missing the Address Bar and Sidebar is missing descriptions

0365 Save As Window Missing the Address Bar and Sidebar is missing descriptions: Problem: The save as dialog box in my 0365 Apps is both missing the address bar and components of the sidebar under this PC are blank and inaccessible. Please see the screenshot for clarification. As such I am not able to save to those locations through the save as window. I...