Windows 10: Sideload apps option not visible.

Discus and support Sideload apps option not visible. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In order to update creative cloud, I have to turn on sideload apps, but this option is not visibile to me. Windows 10 Pro [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BATTERY.exe, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Sideload apps option not visible.

In order to update creative cloud, I have to turn on sideload apps, but this option is not visibile to me. Windows 10 Pro

Sideload apps option not visible. c4d60c2e-eed9-4e72-826c-117ea5095c40?upload=true.png

:)

BATTERY.exe, Dec 16, 2020

2. How to Enable "Sideload Apps" Option

I have an issue where I am trying to enable "Sideload apps" in the developer features. These developer features are greyed out because apparently the settings are managed by an organization. This is not true as this is my own PC and I am the only user. I
    am using Windows 10 Home, version 1909, OS Build 18363.836. I have seen many answers online that suggest changing key values with gpedit.msc, but I believe this is only available on Windows 10 Pro, not Home.

Sideload apps option not visible. d8e92f12-5c8f-46e6-ac99-e9b9f26af2d5?upload=true.png

I did a bit of research in the Microsoft community and found an answer that suggested using the Registry Editor. I went to the following registry keys:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModelUnlock

In there, I already had a "AllowAllTrustedApps" key set to 1, and I also added a new key "AllowDevelopmentWithoutDevLicense" set to 0.

Sideload apps option not visible. 4592bb76-a0e1-43e9-b965-5acd1ae59425?upload=true.png

After restarting my PC, Microsoft Store Apps, instead of Sideloading Apps, was still selected.

Does anyone know what I could be doing wrong? Or any other suggestions about how to enable Sideloading?

JoshGarcia3, Dec 16, 2020
  3. B. Parker Win User
    Installing Sideloaded Apps

Don,

Thank you for your suggestion - after rebooting the phone, Store recognized the XAP file located on the SD card and gave that as an option for installation.

The other contributors are also correct - sideloading does not give one the opportunity to load Apps which are not applicable for the phone (such as a Nokia App on a Samsung device) or that are not released in your region. It's too bad, there are some great
    Apps out there that aren't open to all devices/all regions.

Thank you all.

B. Parker, Dec 16, 2020
  4. Jessen P Win User

Sideload apps option not visible.

Sideloading on Windows phone 10

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community.

In Windows 10, sideloading is different than in earlier versions of Windows:

• You can unlock a device for sideloading using an enterprise policy, or through
      Settings

• License keys are not required

• Devices do not have to be joined to a domain

Sideload LOB apps in Windows 10

Sideload LOB apps in Windows 10 (Windows 10) - Windows Application Management

Please revert if you face any issues with Windows in future.

Jessen P, Dec 16, 2020
Thema:

Sideload apps option not visible.

1. Sideload apps option not visible. - Similar Threads - Sideload apps option

2. Wifi option is not visible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi option is not visible: It is intermittently happening, that wifi option is going to close, disappearing the WIFI option under settings option. I try some actions given as resolution from microsoft community, because there are some similar questions. Even I could not understand, which solution is...
  3. Wifi option is not visible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi option is not visible: It is intermittently happening, that wifi option is going to close, disappearing the WIFI option under settings option. I try some actions given as resolution from microsoft community, because there are some similar questions. Even I could not understand, which solution is...
  4. Wifi option is not visible

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Sign in option is not visible

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign in option is not visible: when i turn on my lappy its showing like this. But i am unable to sign in to my account. What can i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-option-is-not-visible/524ed6c0-3e83-484f-8b1a-6e73f938004d
  6. How to Enable "Sideload Apps" Option

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Enable "Sideload Apps" Option: I have an issue where I am trying to enable "Sideload apps" in the developer features. These developer features are greyed out because apparently the settings are managed by an organization. This is not true as this is my own PC and I am the only user. I am using Windows 10...
  7. sideload apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    sideload apps: I live 3 states away from my mother. I was trying to get the sideload apps option turned on, on her new laptop so i could download and use teamveiwer to remote control her computer to fix it if need be. When she goes into the developer settings to turn on "side load apps"...
  8. Why sideload apps is turned on by default?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why sideload apps is turned on by default?: So I after a security breach on my network, I was looking through my pc settings and found that in the "for developer" option in 'Update and security', sideload apps is turned on. I also found the same thing on another pc in same network. Both were running on Windows 10 pro....
  9. Signtool Thirdparty Signing of a Sideloaded UWP App

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Signtool Thirdparty Signing of a Sideloaded UWP App: Good morning, I have a UWP sideloaded app that I have developed for a couple of years now for a client. We have our own code signing certificate that works well, but they want to start using theirs. What we have been trying to do here is package the app without signing...
  10. Mail App on PC - settings option not visible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail App on PC - settings option not visible: I used to had a good signature which has recently been replaced with the default windows 10 one. There is no settings option gear in the app so how to I do I change it?? Thanks, Jules [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what if your laptop dont have sideload app