Windows 10: sideload apps

Discus and support sideload apps in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I live 3 states away from my mother. I was trying to get the sideload apps option turned on, on her new laptop so i could download and use teamveiwer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MarkKohut, May 16, 2020.

1. MarkKohut Win User

sideload apps

I live 3 states away from my mother. I was trying to get the sideload apps option turned on, on her new laptop so i could download and use teamveiwer to remote control her computer to fix it if need be. When she goes into the developer settings to turn on "side load apps" there is no option to side load apps. there are only two options 1 use microsoft store for apps, 2. developer mode. I had her turn on developer mode but its still forcing her to use the windows store, which is complete bs to me that you have to go into the settings to change them so you can use what ever app you want. Anyways, how do i fix this. My computer shows all 3 options but hers doesnt. please spare me with the " go to setting and turn on side load apps". Thats what i have done, and it isnt working.

:)

MarkKohut, May 16, 2020
  2. Jessen P Win User

Sideloading on Windows phone 10

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community.

In Windows 10, sideloading is different than in earlier versions of Windows:

• You can unlock a device for sideloading using an enterprise policy, or through
      Settings

• License keys are not required

• Devices do not have to be joined to a domain

Sideload LOB apps in Windows 10

Sideload LOB apps in Windows 10 (Windows 10) - Windows Application Management

Please revert if you face any issues with Windows in future.

Jessen P, May 16, 2020
  3. spapakons Win User
    How can I backup and sideload Windows universal apps?

Hello!

I know almost all Windows Universal apps and games are available at Windows Store, but it is not convenient to download many games one-by-one for each computer. Probably there is a way to extract the apps to APPX or EAPPX files (what is the difference?) and then sideload them from a USB Flash drive using PowerShell, but this is not very convenient. Is there any utility to do that the easy way with a mouse? I am mostly interested in the sideload part. I have seen some sites having available some Windows games in EAPPX or XAP format and I want to sideload them without having to download one-by-one from Windows Store. If I understand correctly XAP format is for Windows Phone apps. Can that be converted to APPX or EAPPX? Can I sideload it directly without conversion? Could you suggest any site to download windows games (free and legit of course)?

Thank you in advance

PS: I have downloaded APP Installer from Windows Store, but I don't see it available in my apps and when I double-click on an EAPPX file still ask me what application to open it with. The "search in store" option doesn't find any suitable application. Am I doing something wrong?

spapakons, May 16, 2020
  4. B. Parker Win User

sideload apps

Installing Sideloaded Apps

Don,

Thank you for your suggestion - after rebooting the phone, Store recognized the XAP file located on the SD card and gave that as an option for installation.

The other contributors are also correct - sideloading does not give one the opportunity to load Apps which are not applicable for the phone (such as a Nokia App on a Samsung device) or that are not released in your region. It's too bad, there are some great
    Apps out there that aren't open to all devices/all regions.

Thank you all.

B. Parker, May 16, 2020
Thema:

sideload apps

1. sideload apps - Similar Threads - sideload apps

2. How to sideload Android apps using WSA on Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to sideload Android apps using WSA on Windows 11: [ATTACH]Although Windows Subsystem for Android allows Windows 11 users to install Android apps on their Windows computer, you can sideload apps as well. If the desired app is not available on the Amazon Appstore, you can sideload Android apps using WSA on Windows 11 with the...
  3. Sideload apps option not visible.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sideload apps option not visible.: In order to update creative cloud, I have to turn on sideload apps, but this option is not visibile to me. Windows 10 Pro [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sideload-apps-option-not-visible/f1fb6549-b53d-49c7-ab78-8be0698bf0b9
  4. trying to switch permissions to Sideload Apps and computer is STUCK on Developer Mode -...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    trying to switch permissions to Sideload Apps and computer is STUCK on Developer Mode -...: My computer is stuck trying to find Developer Software. would Not click on Sideload Apps. Now will not click on anything inUser Developer Features. Help! Need to download software to finish accounting year for a client today....
  5. Is there a way to 'sideload' an XBOX app onto Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to 'sideload' an XBOX app onto Windows 10?: So, here I am, wanting to control many of my apps with a controller. Steam Big Picture and Playnite do a great job at this, even though Playnite needs some work. But these are Win32 applications. For UWP, I installed Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime video, etc. They all have apps...
  6. How to Enable "Sideload Apps" Option

How to Enable "Sideload Apps" Option: I have an issue where I am trying to enable "Sideload apps" in the developer features. These developer features are greyed out because apparently the settings are managed by an organization. This is not true as this is my own PC and I am the only user. I am using Windows 10...
  7. Not able to enable/disable Developer Mode, sideload apps and access other developer features

Not able to enable/disable Developer Mode, sideload apps and access other developer features: When i'm trying to enable/disable Developer Mode, sideload apps,it is saying that "some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization " but this is my personal pc. I don't know how to change these settings. [ATTACH] I also tried to change these settings from...
  8. Why sideload apps is turned on by default?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why sideload apps is turned on by default?: So I after a security breach on my network, I was looking through my pc settings and found that in the "for developer" option in 'Update and security', sideload apps is turned on. I also found the same thing on another pc in same network. Both were running on Windows 10 pro....
  9. Signtool Thirdparty Signing of a Sideloaded UWP App

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Signtool Thirdparty Signing of a Sideloaded UWP App: Good morning, I have a UWP sideloaded app that I have developed for a couple of years now for a client. We have our own code signing certificate that works well, but they want to start using theirs. What we have been trying to do here is package the app without signing...
  10. Windows 10 20H1 improves apps sideloading, adds MSIX support

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 20H1 improves apps sideloading, adds MSIX support: Similar to other platforms like Android, Windows 10 also allows users to sideload apps (APPX/MSIX) outside the Microsoft Store. If you enable sideloading on Windows 10, you can install apps that you created or downloaded on your computer and it hasn’t gone through the...