Windows 10: Sidewinder FFB Joystick problem

Discus and support Sidewinder FFB Joystick problem in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; For more than ten years I own a sidewinder ffb joystick and use it with FS9 and FSX and other RC sims. When moving from Win XP and an old PC to now a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Hans Petersen 24549, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Sidewinder FFB Joystick problem

For more than ten years I own a sidewinder ffb joystick and use it with FS9 and FSX and other RC sims.
    When moving from Win XP and an old PC to now a state of the art machine I had to adapt my SWffb from 15 pin sub D to USB. Found a solution by an arduino board and when first installing the FS9 and FS10 under Win 10 64 bit the joystick could be calibated in all means and worked just fine.
    Now since one of the last Windows 10 updates , when calibrating, the throttle wheel raw data is still running smooth, the converted data, I believe there is a windows joystick filter, the blue bar is erratic and the flight sims do not accept the throttle input.
    When using a 32 bit system, everything is as it was before, everything is running smooth.
    Could it be that, when updating, the windows joystick driver or filter is massed up?????

Regards
    H.P.

:)

Hans Petersen 24549, Feb 20, 2019

2. Sidewinder FFB Joystick problem

For more than ten years I own a sidewinder ffb joystick and use it with FS9 and FSX and other RC sims.

When moving from Win XP and an old PC to now a state of the art machine I had to adapt my SWffb from 15 pin sub D to USB. Found a solution by an arduino board and when first installing the FS9 and FS10 under Win 10 64 bit the joystick could be calibated in
    all means and worked just fine.

Now since one of the last Windows 10 updates , when calibrating, the throttle wheel raw data is still running smooth, the converted data, I believe there is a windows joystick filter, the blue bar is erratic and the flight sims do not accept the throttle input.

When using a 32 bit system, everything is as it was before, everything is running smooth.

Could it be that, when updating, the windows joystick driver or filter is massed up?????

Regards

H.P.

Hans Petersen 24549, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Sidewinder FFB Joystick problem

Did you really comprehend what I have written. I believe not, because everything worked for more than 18 months, the installation of both flight sims on a Win 10 sytem, 64 bit, 16 Gigabyte RAM, Intel i7 Quad core 4.2 Ghz. Here are two links, that you should
    really read, before you come up with some halfraw statements like "upgrading the stick".

Perhaps you missed the "When using a 32 bit system, everything is as it was before, everything is running smooth."

Which means Windows 10, 32 Bit system with all updates.

Google Code Archive - Long-term storage for Google Code Project Hosting.

Haswell: 4.8GHz on Air.. Building A Haswell System

H.P.

Hans Petersen 24549, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Sidewinder FFB Joystick problem

Sidewinder FFB Joystick problem

Hi there,

More than likely as this Joystick is not supported/compatible with Windows 10 requirement for that joystick to function may have changed slightly which has caused your setup to no longer function fully

More than likely you may be able to come up with a workaround as you have done already but I would suggest upgrading the stick as you will run into more and more issues as further updates are released

Jordan Langford, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Sidewinder FFB Joystick problem

1. Sidewinder FFB Joystick problem - Similar Threads - Sidewinder FFB Joystick

2. Joystick ID and the Joystick order I want in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Joystick ID and the Joystick order I want in Windows 10: I can't change my 4 joystick peripherals they keep on taking the same order over and over again. How do you change the order to make joystick No 1 the one you want it to be etc to match in game programs?...
  3. Joystick "Driver Error" problem

Joystick "Driver Error" problem: Hi everyone. I am having a problem with my joystick. Let me describe the problem in details. I used to use my joysticks and play PES before, two connected and work no problems. But then, I reinstalled windows. Cuz I'm a CS:GO player I found some registry edits to improve FPS...
  4. trying to install sidewinder joystick, win10 not even finding it, anyone assist?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    trying to install sidewinder joystick, win10 not even finding it, anyone assist?: win10 can't find sidewinder joystick, anyone assist please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-install-sidewinder-joystick-win10-not/e0095053-a9a0-43b2-80c7-63ea3e1dcf63
  5. joystick problem in windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    joystick problem in windows 10 ?: ı have used logitech extreme 3D PRO for 2 years in x-plane 11 flight simulator game succesfully.But until 2 weeks ago. Nowadays x-plane 11 can't see my joysticks. May be windows 10 does not recognise my joysticks any more ?. İs that true ?. What can ı do in order to...
  6. JOYSTICK GAMING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    JOYSTICK GAMING: The system detects the joystick and is also usable for playing the games which are installed from the CD. The problem is that the joystick cannot be used for playing games which are downloaded from the windows store (such as forza , shadow fight, asphalt 8 etc,.). Is there...
  7. SideWinder Precision 2 joystick

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SideWinder Precision 2 joystick: Is it possible to update a Microsoft SideWinder Precision 2 joystick to Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_games/sidewinder-precision-2-joystick/36fa5790-ab9e-4473-bd80-f32680c237bc
  8. Gamepad / Joystick Query

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gamepad / Joystick Query: Hi, Can anyone recommend a Gamepad / Joystick for playing games, as my old Logitech ChillSteam keeps auto firing while playing some games like BattleBorn and Overwatch, which can be very annoying. Thanks for any help. 65158
  9. MS sidewinder force feedback joystick and wheel

MS sidewinder force feedback joystick and wheel: Just curious, do the MS force feedback wheel and joystick (USB versions) work / get recognised by windows 10? Hope they don't need drivers installed or tracked down. It's old abandoned peripherals (shame) so can understand if they don't. But I was curious if anyone else uses...
  10. MS Sidewinder Force Feedback Joystick and Wheel

MS Sidewinder Force Feedback Joystick and Wheel: I still have my MS Sidewinder Force Feedback peripherals (joystick and wheel). Both are the later USB revisions. They worked to perfection on Windows 7 (just plug and play) but do they work/get recognised by Windows 10? The way my machine is setup it will be quite an...