Windows 10: Sidewinder FFB Joystick problem

Discus and support Sidewinder FFB Joystick problem in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; For more than ten years I own a sidewinder ffb joystick and use it with FS9 and FSX and other RC sims. When moving from Win XP and an old PC to now a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Hans Petersen 24549, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Sidewinder FFB Joystick problem

For more than ten years I own a sidewinder ffb joystick and use it with FS9 and FSX and other RC sims.
    When moving from Win XP and an old PC to now a state of the art machine I had to adapt my SWffb from 15 pin sub D to USB. Found a solution by an arduino board and when first installing the FS9 and FS10 under Win 10 64 bit the joystick could be calibated in all means and worked just fine.
    Now since one of the last Windows 10 updates , when calibrating, the throttle wheel raw data is still running smooth, the converted data, I believe there is a windows joystick filter, the blue bar is erratic and the flight sims do not accept the throttle input.
    When using a 32 bit system, everything is as it was before, everything is running smooth.
    Could it be that, when updating, the windows joystick driver or filter is massed up?????

Regards
    H.P.

:)

Hans Petersen 24549, Feb 20, 2019

2. Sidewinder FFB Joystick problem

For more than ten years I own a sidewinder ffb joystick and use it with FS9 and FSX and other RC sims.

When moving from Win XP and an old PC to now a state of the art machine I had to adapt my SWffb from 15 pin sub D to USB. Found a solution by an arduino board and when first installing the FS9 and FS10 under Win 10 64 bit the joystick could be calibated in
    all means and worked just fine.

Now since one of the last Windows 10 updates , when calibrating, the throttle wheel raw data is still running smooth, the converted data, I believe there is a windows joystick filter, the blue bar is erratic and the flight sims do not accept the throttle input.

When using a 32 bit system, everything is as it was before, everything is running smooth.

Could it be that, when updating, the windows joystick driver or filter is massed up?????

Regards

H.P.

Hans Petersen 24549, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Sidewinder FFB Joystick problem

Did you really comprehend what I have written. I believe not, because everything worked for more than 18 months, the installation of both flight sims on a Win 10 sytem, 64 bit, 16 Gigabyte RAM, Intel i7 Quad core 4.2 Ghz. Here are two links, that you should
    really read, before you come up with some halfraw statements like "upgrading the stick".

Perhaps you missed the "When using a 32 bit system, everything is as it was before, everything is running smooth."

Which means Windows 10, 32 Bit system with all updates.

Google Code Archive - Long-term storage for Google Code Project Hosting.

Haswell: 4.8GHz on Air.. Building A Haswell System

H.P.

Hans Petersen 24549, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Sidewinder FFB Joystick problem

Sidewinder FFB Joystick problem

Hi there,

More than likely as this Joystick is not supported/compatible with Windows 10 requirement for that joystick to function may have changed slightly which has caused your setup to no longer function fully

More than likely you may be able to come up with a workaround as you have done already but I would suggest upgrading the stick as you will run into more and more issues as further updates are released

Jordan Langford, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Sidewinder FFB Joystick problem

1. Sidewinder FFB Joystick problem - Similar Threads - Sidewinder FFB Joystick

2. Sidewinder Force Feedback Joystick suddenly stopped working with FFB on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sidewinder Force Feedback Joystick suddenly stopped working with FFB on windows 10: Why?!? This hardware and many other examples needs to be supported for the next 1000+ years. Why doesn't this perfectly good joystick still work? Is Microsoft going to recycle all the plastic and metal parts of this joystick, or should I just toss it into landfill? This kind...
  3. Sidewinder Force Feedback Joystick suddenly stopped working with FFB on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sidewinder Force Feedback Joystick suddenly stopped working with FFB on windows 10: Why?!? This hardware and many other examples needs to be supported for the next 1000+ years. Why doesn't this perfectly good joystick still work? Is Microsoft going to recycle all the parts of this perfectly working joystick, or should i just toss it into landfill? This kind...
  4. Sidewinder Force Feedback Joystick suddenly stopped working with FFB on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sidewinder Force Feedback Joystick suddenly stopped working with FFB on windows 10: Why?!? This hardware and many other examples needs to be supported for the next 1000+ years. Why doesn't this perfectly good joystick still work? Is Microsoft going to recycle all the parts of this perfectly working joystick, or should i just toss it into landfill? This kind...
  5. Sidewinder 2 with FFB joystick recognised as an XBO 360 controller by Windows 10

Sidewinder 2 with FFB joystick recognised as an XBO 360 controller by Windows 10: Please could someone advise how to get Windows 10 to get it to recognise the controller correctly?I am aware Windows 10 does indeed support this joystick as plug and play but for some reason it is being seen as an XBOX 360 controller.Please could someone help. I even have the...
  6. Sidewinder 2 with FFB joystick recognised as an XBO 360 controller by Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sidewinder 2 with FFB joystick recognised as an XBO 360 controller by Windows 10: Please could someone advise how to get Windows 10 to get it to recognise the controller correctly?I am aware Windows 10 does indeed support this joystick as plug and play but for some reason it is being seen as an XBOX 360 controller.Please could someone help. I even have the...
  7. Sidewinder 2 with FFB joystick recognised as an XBO 360 controller by Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. sidewinder joystick

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sidewinder joystick: what flight game will work with an old sidewinder precision pro joy stick windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sidewinder-joystick/d2408c3e-8618-4f4e-a255-bf4fbdf027cd
  9. Microsoft SideWinder Precision 2 Joystick

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft SideWinder Precision 2 Joystick: Is there any drivers out there that allows me to use the MS SideWinder Precision 2 Joystick with Windows 10 and the new Flight Simulator program? All I can find is the generic drivers in the OS and it just makes the joystick appear as a block box with no operation. Back in...
  10. SideWinder Precision 2 joystick

SideWinder Precision 2 joystick: Is it possible to update a Microsoft SideWinder Precision 2 joystick to Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_games/sidewinder-precision-2-joystick/36fa5790-ab9e-4473-bd80-f32680c237bc