Windows 10: Sidewinder Precision Racing Wheel USB Version 1.0 Not Recognized

Discus and support Sidewinder Precision Racing Wheel USB Version 1.0 Not Recognized in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have the wheel mentioned in the subject. Until past Thursday, it was working properly. On Friday, I have installed some updates on Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LuisRodrigues9, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Sidewinder Precision Racing Wheel USB Version 1.0 Not Recognized

Hello,

I have the wheel mentioned in the subject. Until past Thursday, it was working properly. On Friday, I have installed some updates on Windows Update, and the wheel is no longer recognized on my Windows 10. I have installed version 20H2, along with other 2 security updates.

I understand it is a very old wheel, but I cannot afford to buy a new one, especially because I'm a father of a 6 month old and the time I have available to play is very limited per week.

I have tried to uninstall the updates, which I have successfully in 2 of them, and unsuccessfully on update KB4586864.

Apparently I have downloaded an accurate version of the driver of this wheel, but I cannot install it.

What do you recommend me to do?

Thank you.

* Moved from Garage

:)

LuisRodrigues9, Nov 15, 2020

2. SideWinder Precision Racing Wheel. What games can it play on Windows 10. Froza, Racing Games?

Hi Christopher,

It appears that there is a compatibility issue with your SideWinder Precision Racing Wheel
    and it won't work on other racing games. For better assistance regarding
    SideWinder Precision Racing Wheelissues, we would suggest that you post your concern on Forza Motorsport Forums directly on this
    link.

Let us know how it turns out.

Jomari Arc, Nov 15, 2020
  3. sidewinder precision racing wheel x04-74734

Hi Davevan,

The Microsoft Precision Racing Wheel was made several years ago and it comes with the drivers that, at the best using
    Windows XP. Incompatibility is one of the possible causes why the gaming tool does not work with Windows 10 device. Another issue that I also consider is the older version of the driver that you installed in
    your device. Since it's an old driver, it may work with previous version of Windows but not with the current version that you have. It's essential for you to install the up-to-date driver for your device.

I highly recommend you run the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter. It will help you to run old programs designated from older version and make it compatible to the newest version that you have. To do this, you may refer to this
    link.

As an alternative, you may also follow these instructions to run the Microsoft Precision Racing Wheel in the compatibility mode:

1. Create a New folder.
    2. Insert the supporting CD you’ve got with the wheel.
    3. Copy all files from the supporting CD to a New folder.
    4. Open the folder, right-click on the Setup and open Properties.
    5. Select the Compatibility tab.
    6. Check the ”Run this program in compatibility mode for:” box and select Windows XP (Service Pack 2) from the drop-down menu.
    7. Check the ”Run this program as an administrator” box.
    8. Click OK.
      Sidewinder Precision Racing Wheel USB Version 1.0 Not Recognized download-microsoft-precision-racing-wheel-software.png
    9. Run the installer and restart your device.

To update the driver to the latest version, you may refer to this
    link

Note: Always make sure to restart your PC after doing the said steps to see the effects.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Raymond Ave, Nov 15, 2020
  4. Sidewinder Precision Racing Wheel USB Version 1.0 Not Recognized

Racing wheel not recognized

I have a Thrustmaster Racing Wheel that is not recognized when I plug into the USB socket.It worked perfectly before I re-installed Windows 8.1 from the installation cd..How do I get the pc to recognize it? The wheel is not listed in Device Manager.

WilliamPopat, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

Sidewinder Precision Racing Wheel USB Version 1.0 Not Recognized

1. Sidewinder Precision Racing Wheel USB Version 1.0 Not Recognized - Similar Threads - Sidewinder Precision Racing

2. ferrari 458 racing wheel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ferrari 458 racing wheel: my sterring wheel dosent work.. so dont know where i can found a driver and install it.. pliz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ferrari-458-racing-wheel/d8613bf1-82b2-4424-9c06-943db38b4107
  3. Sidewinder Precision Racing Wheel

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sidewinder Precision Racing Wheel: Hello, a long time ago I bought a sidewinder precision racing wheel online, I have had several problems with it, the steering wheel works perfectly, the problem is the pedals, the left pedal is pressed on its own and the right pedal is not pressed, the right seems to act...
  4. Sidewinder Precision Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sidewinder Precision Pro: Hello I recently found a sidewinder precision pro part number X03-57540 and I have been looking all over the web for some kind of adapter with mixed results. I just want to try it to give it as a gift to a friend who has some older pc games that has no keyboard/mouse/gamepad...
  5. Logitech MOMO Racing Wheel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logitech MOMO Racing Wheel: One week ago I can play my MOMO wheel but now it's haven't left light I change adapter 3times [buy new 24V/1A and 24V/2A] before I play without power supply but still can play but now I can't play it's say "Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed" I try to fix...
  6. Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2: I have used this item for many, many years. Today it cesed to work it is not listed in contrl settings the only facility listed is "mouse yoke" I have tried to check drivers etc which are all up to date. Anyone help?...
  7. microsoft sidewinder precision 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft sidewinder precision 2: hello i just found a microsoft sidewinder precision 2 joystick and i was wondering do anygames stilll function with this today?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-sidewinder-precision-2/3dc0ca62-ff45-4bd9-a9f5-1dff39121f7c
  8. Microsoft SideWinder Force Feedback Wheel (USB)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft SideWinder Force Feedback Wheel (USB): Hello i just bought a Microsoft SideWinder Force Feedback Wheel (USB) and i can't install the driver because i don't have a dvd reader, can someone plz send a driver to windows 10 so i can use it instead of buying a brand new one....
  9. Logitech MOMO Racing Wheel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logitech MOMO Racing Wheel: Well, my racing wheel doesn't seem to want to work. I brought it home from school to test it out for the school auction. It worked perfectly on Farming Simulator 17 and American Truck Simulator. I brought it back after the weekend and then offered to buy it. I paid $30 for...
  10. SideWinder Precision 2 joystick

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SideWinder Precision 2 joystick: Is it possible to update a Microsoft SideWinder Precision 2 joystick to Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_games/sidewinder-precision-2-joystick/36fa5790-ab9e-4473-bd80-f32680c237bc

Users found this page by searching for:

1. driver microsoft x04-74734 download