Windows 10: sidewinder strategic commander

Discus and support sidewinder strategic commander in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an old Microsoft Sidewinder Strategic Commander that I would like to use on my Windows 10 computer. Is software available to enable this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Chris Spi, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Chris Spi Win User

sidewinder strategic commander

I have an old Microsoft Sidewinder Strategic Commander that I would like to use on my Windows 10 computer. Is software available to enable this?

:)

Chris Spi, Feb 20, 2020

2. Sidewinder Game Controller Software 4.0

Hi Willard,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to download Sidewinder Game Controller Software 4.0

• Disconnect the game controller from your computer's universal serial bus (USB) port.
    • Insert the Microsoft Sidewinder compact disc into your computer's CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive. Hold down the SHIFT key to prevent installation from automatically starting.
    • On your desktop, double-click My Computer, and then browse to the following file:
      CD-ROM drive:\Setup\Setup.exe
    • Double-click Setup.exe to start the installation process.
    • Restart your computer when prompted.
    • Plug the SideWinder game controller into your computer's USB port, and then allow Microsoft Windows to detect and install it.

Install the software update if the controller is the Sidewinder Game Controller Software 4.0
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Feb 20, 2020
  3. Sidewinder Game Controller Software 4.0

The only CD that I have is for Sidewinder Game Controller Software 2.0 and when I put it in the CD/DVD drive there was no
    CD-ROM drive:\Setup\Setup.exe file. Can't I download 4.0 from Microsoft's site? Thanks.

sidewinder strategic commander [​IMG]

WillardHine, Feb 20, 2020
  4. sidewinder strategic commander

Microsoft Sidewinder x4 Keyboard "Macro Key Not Assigned" / Stuck on Auto

Hi Jamie,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your Microsoft Sidewinder x4 Keyboard, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g. updates, software installation)?
    • When did the issue begin?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you download the latest driver for your keyboard. Here is the
    link.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Feb 20, 2020
Thema:

sidewinder strategic commander

1. sidewinder strategic commander - Similar Threads - sidewinder strategic commander

2. Sidewinder Precision Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sidewinder Precision Pro: Hello I recently found a sidewinder precision pro part number X03-57540 and I have been looking all over the web for some kind of adapter with mixed results. I just want to try it to give it as a gift to a friend who has some older pc games that has no keyboard/mouse/gamepad...
  3. sidewinder joystick

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sidewinder joystick: what flight game will work with an old sidewinder precision pro joy stick windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sidewinder-joystick/d2408c3e-8618-4f4e-a255-bf4fbdf027cd
  4. Strategic Commander

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strategic Commander: Are Microsoft going to remake the Strategic Commander? I love mine, but it's getting old and over used. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strategic-commander/7fd2d4e8-1c16-4299-9cdc-b950210e9550
  5. Sidewinder X4

Sidewinder X4: My uncle gave me a sidewinder x4 keyboard. I plugged it in. And nothing. Wouldn't work. Installed drivers from https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-us/d/sidewinder-x4-keyboard already. I reformatted my computer thinking it may be something wrong with it. It works fine...
  6. Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2: I have used this item for many, many years. Today it cesed to work it is not listed in contrl settings the only facility listed is "mouse yoke" I have tried to check drivers etc which are all up to date. Anyone help?...
  7. microsoft sidewinder precision 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft sidewinder precision 2: hello i just found a microsoft sidewinder precision 2 joystick and i was wondering do anygames stilll function with this today?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-sidewinder-precision-2/3dc0ca62-ff45-4bd9-a9f5-1dff39121f7c
  8. Sidewinder FFB Joystick problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sidewinder FFB Joystick problem: For more than ten years I own a sidewinder ffb joystick and use it with FS9 and FSX and other RC sims. When moving from Win XP and an old PC to now a state of the art machine I had to adapt my SWffb from 15 pin sub D to USB. Found a solution by an arduino board and when first...
  9. SIDEWINDER X4 DELETE MACROS

SIDEWINDER X4 DELETE MACROS: SORRY FOR CAPS LOCKS, ITS WHY I TYPED THIS MESSAGE. SO I'VE ALWAYS HAD THIS PROBLEM. IVE ADDED MACROS TO MY SIDEWINDER X4 AND IVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO DELETE THEM. THIS HAPPENS WHEN IM GAMING, WILL PRESS THE RECORD BUTTON AND A RANDOM SET OF MACROS WILL BE RECORDED. NOW IM...
  10. SideWinder Precision 2 joystick

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SideWinder Precision 2 joystick: Is it possible to update a Microsoft SideWinder Precision 2 joystick to Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_games/sidewinder-precision-2-joystick/36fa5790-ab9e-4473-bd80-f32680c237bc

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sidewinder strategic commander windows 10

2. microsoft strategic commander windows 10

3. sidewinder strategic commander software

4. microsoft sidewinder strategic commander,
  5. sidewinder strategic commander no key assignment,
  6. microsoft strategic commander driver,
  7. why my microsoft sidewinder strategic commander will not work,
  8. sidewinder strategic commander how to use,
  9. Microsoft Sidewinder Strategic Commander software for windows10,
  10. sidewinder strategic commander windows 10 drivers,
  11. sidewinder strategic commander configuration software windows 10