Windows 10: Sidewinder X4 macros will not work when Keyboard and Mouse Centre is installed via LAPS

Discus and support Sidewinder X4 macros will not work when Keyboard and Mouse Centre is installed via LAPS in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there, I've been trying to get my Sidewinder X4 keyboard macros to work but this requires the Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse Centre. However, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dan Atkinson, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Sidewinder X4 macros will not work when Keyboard and Mouse Centre is installed via LAPS

Hi there,

I've been trying to get my Sidewinder X4 keyboard macros to work but this requires the Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse Centre.

However, my computer is locked down for security reasons and all installs are done through the LAPS (Local Administrator Password Solution) and therefore, the software is installed under a different user account.

Once it's installed, I can open the app as the LAPS account and add/edit/remove macros to my heart's content, but I can't actually use them. If I press the macro keys nothing happens. NB: I've confirmed that the keyboard is still functioning correctly by plugging it into another Windows 10 machine - that is not under LAPS - and it works absolutely fine.

If I attempt to run the Keyboard and Mouse Centre program as myself, I just get a blank white screen and no ability to do anything with it until I go to the Task Manager and manually terminate the process.

So I'm now stuck. I can't get macros to work if I've installed the software under a different account that is an administrator when I am not.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Dan Atkinson

:)

Dan Atkinson, Jul 3, 2019

2. SIDEWINDER X4 DELETE MACROS

SORRY FOR CAPS LOCKS, ITS WHY I TYPED THIS MESSAGE.

SO I'VE ALWAYS HAD THIS PROBLEM. IVE ADDED MACROS TO MY SIDEWINDER X4 AND IVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO DELETE THEM. THIS HAPPENS WHEN IM GAMING, WILL PRESS THE RECORD BUTTON AND A RANDOM SET OF MACROS WILL BE RECORDED. NOW IM CNSTANTLY TYPING WITH CAPS LOCKS.
    HOW DO I DELETR MACROS WITH WITH MY SIDEWINDER X4 KEYBOARD?

Matroximus, Jul 3, 2019
  3. Microsoft Sidewinder x4 Keyboard "Macro Key Not Assigned" / Stuck on Auto

Hi Jamie,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your Microsoft Sidewinder x4 Keyboard, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g. updates, software installation)?
    • When did the issue begin?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you download the latest driver for your keyboard. Here is the
    link.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jul 3, 2019
  4. apomet Win User

Sidewinder X4 macros will not work when Keyboard and Mouse Centre is installed via LAPS

Microsoft Sidewinder x4 keyboard macros not working on Flight Simulator X on Windows 10 x64

Hello,

I have a Sidewinder x4 keyboard that has been working without any problems on Windows 7 x64.

Recently I upgraded to Windows 10 x64.

The keyboard works fine apart from one thing.

All S key macros do not work on FSX.

On all other applications they work fine.

This wasn't happening with Windows 7 x64.

I reinstalled the latest drivers with no success.

Anybody has any suggestions?

apomet, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

Sidewinder X4 macros will not work when Keyboard and Mouse Centre is installed via LAPS

1. Sidewinder X4 macros will not work when Keyboard and Mouse Centre is installed via LAPS - Similar Threads - Sidewinder macros Keyboard

2. Sidewinder X4 keyboard profiles not switching automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sidewinder X4 keyboard profiles not switching automatically: I've set up a profile with macro's for a game. The profile doesn't automatically switch when I launch the game, unless I launch Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Centre first. I can exit Mouse and Keyboard Centre before launching and it will switch profiles fine. Current solution...
  3. Sidewinder X4 keyboard profiles not switching automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sidewinder X4 keyboard profiles not switching automatically: I've set up a profile with macro's for a game. The profile doesn't automatically switch when I launch the game, unless I launch Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Centre first. I can exit Mouse and Keyboard Centre before launching and it will switch profiles fine. Current solution...
  4. Sidewinder X4 keyboard profiles not switching automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Sidewinder X4

Sidewinder X4: My uncle gave me a sidewinder x4 keyboard. I plugged it in. And nothing. Wouldn't work. Installed drivers from https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-us/d/sidewinder-x4-keyboard already. I reformatted my computer thinking it may be something wrong with it. It works fine...
  6. Sidewinder X4 keyboard will not load when installed via LAPS

Sidewinder X4 keyboard will not load when installed via LAPS: Hi there, I've been trying to get my Sidewinder X4 keyboard macros to work but this requires the Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse Centre. However, my computer is locked down for security reasons and all installs are done through the LAPS (Local Administrator Password...
  7. Sidewinder X4 play/pause question

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sidewinder X4 play/pause question: I have a Sidewinder X4 keyboard and I'm very happy with it. I use the play/pause button all the time while working and listening to music. The only issue I'm having is when I use this button I get a small rectangle window that pops up in the upper left corner of my screen...
  8. Sidewinder X4 Keyboard Media Keys Not Working

Sidewinder X4 Keyboard Media Keys Not Working: Media keys do not work to control iTunes or Groove Music apps. Play button seems to Play and immediately pause again, Next" and "Previous" keys do nothing. Mute and Volume Up and Down keys work fine. Windows 10 PC, i7, lots of ram and big GPU. Microsoft Keyboard and...
  9. SIDEWINDER X4 DELETE MACROS

SIDEWINDER X4 DELETE MACROS: SORRY FOR CAPS LOCKS, ITS WHY I TYPED THIS MESSAGE. SO I'VE ALWAYS HAD THIS PROBLEM. IVE ADDED MACROS TO MY SIDEWINDER X4 AND IVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO DELETE THEM. THIS HAPPENS WHEN IM GAMING, WILL PRESS THE RECORD BUTTON AND A RANDOM SET OF MACROS WILL BE RECORDED. NOW IM...
  10. Question with Microsoft Sidewinder x4 timed Macro repeats

Question with Microsoft Sidewinder x4 timed Macro repeats: I currently am using the Sidewinder x4. The macro keys work with no problem on repeat. Indefinitely if I left it as that. I tried looking on the web but with no luck, my question is: If you put your macro on repeat, Is there any way you can time that repeat? For about...