Windows 10: Sidewinder X4 play/pause question

Discus and support Sidewinder X4 play/pause question in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a Sidewinder X4 keyboard and I'm very happy with it. I use the play/pause button all the time while working and listening to music. The only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jamiekrautkremer, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Sidewinder X4 play/pause question

I have a Sidewinder X4 keyboard and I'm very happy with it. I use the play/pause button all the time while working and listening to music.

The only issue I'm having is when I use this button I get a small rectangle window that pops up in the upper left corner of my screen (Using Windows 10 btw). The problem I'm having with this is the popup a lot of times is located right over some of the buttons that I need to use on the programs I'm using, and I have to wait for it to fade away before I can continue working. If I mouse over that area before it's completely faded it will come back into focus and I will have to start the wait over again. It doesn't take a long time to fade, only like 10 seconds or so, but it adds up to a lot of lost production time during a 14 hour work day if there's a lot of interruptions.

My question is this: Is there a way to move where this window is located or change how long it's displayed? Or even disable it completely as I can tell if my music is paused or playing using my ears, don't need a visual reminder too Sidewinder X4 play/pause question :)

Thanks for any help you can provide.

:)

jamiekrautkremer, Feb 16, 2019

2. Microsoft Sidewinder x4 Keyboard "Macro Key Not Assigned" / Stuck on Auto

Hi Jamie,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your Microsoft Sidewinder x4 Keyboard, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g. updates, software installation)?
    • When did the issue begin?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you download the latest driver for your keyboard. Here is the
    link.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Feb 16, 2019
  3. SIDEWINDER X4 DELETE MACROS

SORRY FOR CAPS LOCKS, ITS WHY I TYPED THIS MESSAGE.

SO I'VE ALWAYS HAD THIS PROBLEM. IVE ADDED MACROS TO MY SIDEWINDER X4 AND IVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO DELETE THEM. THIS HAPPENS WHEN IM GAMING, WILL PRESS THE RECORD BUTTON AND A RANDOM SET OF MACROS WILL BE RECORDED. NOW IM CNSTANTLY TYPING WITH CAPS LOCKS.
    HOW DO I DELETR MACROS WITH WITH MY SIDEWINDER X4 KEYBOARD?

Matroximus, Feb 16, 2019
  4. Sidewinder X4 play/pause question

Question with Microsoft Sidewinder x4 timed Macro repeats

I currently am using the Sidewinder x4.

The macro keys work with no problem on repeat. Indefinitely if I left it as that.

I tried looking on the web but with no luck, my question is:

If you put your macro on repeat, Is there any way you can time that repeat?

For about 1hr instead of an indefinite loop.

Say if macro is button1, wait3sec, button2, wait3sec, button3, wait3sec, (repeated)

If any could provide advice would be helpful!

Thanks

Merchant0202, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

Sidewinder X4 play/pause question

1. Sidewinder X4 play/pause question - Similar Threads - Sidewinder play pause

2. Sidewinder X4 lights above numpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sidewinder X4 lights above numpad: First of all im gonna start off saying im not having problems with the keyboard, just wanna figure out what this is and how i can turn it off.There's these 3 lights above the numpad, next to the calculator button, the first one is numlock, second is capslock, and the third I...
  3. Sidewinder X4 lights above numpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sidewinder X4 lights above numpad: First of all im gonna start off saying im not having problems with the keyboard, just wanna figure out what this is and how i can turn it off.There's these 3 lights above the numpad, next to the calculator button, the first one is numlock, second is capslock, and the third I...
  4. Sidewinder X4 lights above numpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Sidewinder X4

Sidewinder X4: My uncle gave me a sidewinder x4 keyboard. I plugged it in. And nothing. Wouldn't work. Installed drivers from https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-us/d/sidewinder-x4-keyboard already. I reformatted my computer thinking it may be something wrong with it. It works fine...
  6. Sidewinder X4 macros will not work when Keyboard and Mouse Centre is installed via LAPS

Sidewinder X4 macros will not work when Keyboard and Mouse Centre is installed via LAPS: Hi there, I've been trying to get my Sidewinder X4 keyboard macros to work but this requires the Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse Centre. However, my computer is locked down for security reasons and all installs are done through the LAPS (Local Administrator Password...
  7. Sidewinder X4 keyboard will not load when installed via LAPS

Sidewinder X4 keyboard will not load when installed via LAPS: Hi there, I've been trying to get my Sidewinder X4 keyboard macros to work but this requires the Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse Centre. However, my computer is locked down for security reasons and all installs are done through the LAPS (Local Administrator Password...
  8. Sidewinder X4 Keyboard Media Keys Not Working

Sidewinder X4 Keyboard Media Keys Not Working: Media keys do not work to control iTunes or Groove Music apps. Play button seems to Play and immediately pause again, Next" and "Previous" keys do nothing. Mute and Volume Up and Down keys work fine. Windows 10 PC, i7, lots of ram and big GPU. Microsoft Keyboard and...
  9. SIDEWINDER X4 DELETE MACROS

SIDEWINDER X4 DELETE MACROS: SORRY FOR CAPS LOCKS, ITS WHY I TYPED THIS MESSAGE. SO I'VE ALWAYS HAD THIS PROBLEM. IVE ADDED MACROS TO MY SIDEWINDER X4 AND IVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO DELETE THEM. THIS HAPPENS WHEN IM GAMING, WILL PRESS THE RECORD BUTTON AND A RANDOM SET OF MACROS WILL BE RECORDED. NOW IM...
  10. Question with Microsoft Sidewinder x4 timed Macro repeats

Question with Microsoft Sidewinder x4 timed Macro repeats: I currently am using the Sidewinder x4. The macro keys work with no problem on repeat. Indefinitely if I left it as that. I tried looking on the web but with no luck, my question is: If you put your macro on repeat, Is there any way you can time that repeat? For about...