Windows 10: Sidewinder X4

Discus and support Sidewinder X4 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My uncle gave me a sidewinder x4 keyboard. I plugged it in. And nothing. Wouldn't work. Installed drivers from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GSandra36, Apr 14, 2020.

1. GSandra36 Win User

Sidewinder X4

My uncle gave me a sidewinder x4 keyboard.

I plugged it in. And nothing. Wouldn't work. Installed drivers from https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-us/d/sidewinder-x4-keyboard already.

I reformatted my computer thinking it may be something wrong with it.

It works fine if I plug it into my laptop. It recognizes it instantly and installs the drivers just find.

But when I plug it into my desktop it gives me this error

USB device not recognized

The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it.

If I go into device manager under USB Controllers

It says
    Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed

and under properties under device status it says

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43

A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

It does not matter which USB port I have it plugged into. It does it to all of them.

Both my laptop and home computer have Windows 10 pro. I'm confused why it works just find on my laptop but I'm having this much trouble getting it to work on my Home PC.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

:)

GSandra36, Apr 14, 2020

2. Microsoft Sidewinder x4 Keyboard "Macro Key Not Assigned" / Stuck on Auto

Hi Jamie,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your Microsoft Sidewinder x4 Keyboard, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g. updates, software installation)?
    • When did the issue begin?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you download the latest driver for your keyboard. Here is the
    link.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Apr 14, 2020
  3. SIDEWINDER X4 DELETE MACROS

SORRY FOR CAPS LOCKS, ITS WHY I TYPED THIS MESSAGE.

SO I'VE ALWAYS HAD THIS PROBLEM. IVE ADDED MACROS TO MY SIDEWINDER X4 AND IVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO DELETE THEM. THIS HAPPENS WHEN IM GAMING, WILL PRESS THE RECORD BUTTON AND A RANDOM SET OF MACROS WILL BE RECORDED. NOW IM CNSTANTLY TYPING WITH CAPS LOCKS.
    HOW DO I DELETR MACROS WITH WITH MY SIDEWINDER X4 KEYBOARD?

Matroximus, Apr 14, 2020
  4. Rohit_R Win User

Sidewinder X4

Sidewinder X4 play/pause question

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Are you getting the popup window after installing the Sidewinder X4 keyboard?

It could be the feature of the Sidewinder X4 keyboard’s application. You can try to check in the settings and see if you can make changes for the popup window.

Also to know more about the issue, please help us with the screenshot of the issue that you are facing. Follow the steps mentioned in the

article
    posted by Shawn ‘Cmdr’ Keene on Oct 2, 2015 to post the screenshot.

We await your response.

Rohit Raina

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Rohit_R, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

Sidewinder X4

1. Sidewinder X4 - Similar Threads - Sidewinder

2. Sidewinder X4 keyboard profiles not switching automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sidewinder X4 keyboard profiles not switching automatically: I've set up a profile with macro's for a game. The profile doesn't automatically switch when I launch the game, unless I launch Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Centre first. I can exit Mouse and Keyboard Centre before launching and it will switch profiles fine. Current solution...
  3. Sidewinder X4 keyboard profiles not switching automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sidewinder X4 keyboard profiles not switching automatically: I've set up a profile with macro's for a game. The profile doesn't automatically switch when I launch the game, unless I launch Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Centre first. I can exit Mouse and Keyboard Centre before launching and it will switch profiles fine. Current solution...
  4. Sidewinder X4 keyboard profiles not switching automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Compatibility with a Microsoft Sidewinder Game Pad USB

Compatibility with a Microsoft Sidewinder Game Pad USB: Basically i have gotten a old sidewinder gamepad USB from my parents, the box says its copyright of 2002 and i'm curious what i can do with it currently, if anything i have a windows 10 computer and im wondering if ill need to get a older version of windows or if i can...
  6. Compatibility with a Microsoft Sidewinder Game Pad USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Compatibility with a Microsoft Sidewinder Game Pad USB: Basically i have gotten a old sidewinder gamepad USB from my parents, the box says its copyright of 2002 and i'm curious what i can do with it currently, if anything i have a windows 10 computer and im wondering if ill need to get a older version of windows or if i can...
  7. Compatibility with a Microsoft Sidewinder Game Pad USB

8. Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Wheel not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Wheel not working: My Microsoft steering wheel isn't working at all, pedals are working perfectly and when I start up my computer the steering wheel will move itself randomly. The computer and games recognizes this steering wheel but none of the buttons nor the steering, please help!...
  9. Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Wheel not working

Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Wheel not working: My Microsoft steering wheel isn't working at all, pedals are working perfectly and when I start up my computer the steering wheel will move itself randomly. The computer and games recognizes this steering wheel but none of the buttons nor the steering, please help!...
  10. Sidewinder Force Feedback Joystick suddenly stopped working with FFB on windows 10

Sidewinder Force Feedback Joystick suddenly stopped working with FFB on windows 10: Why?!? This hardware and many other examples needs to be supported for the next 1000+ years. Why doesn't this perfectly good joystick still work? Is Microsoft going to recycle all the plastic and metal parts of this joystick, or should I just toss it into landfill? This kind...