Windows 10: Sierra Wireless Cellular Modem not working

Discus and support Sierra Wireless Cellular Modem not working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recent updates have caused my cellular modem to stop functioning. All drivers are up to date. The modem functions perfectly on an older Win 8.1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BlaiseCornelldEchert Jr, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Sierra Wireless Cellular Modem not working

Recent updates have caused my cellular modem to stop functioning. All drivers are up to date. The modem functions perfectly on an older Win 8.1 machine. Have tried using the modem on three other systems that are all operating Win10 and all previously worked. All have the same issue. Modem software shows a strong signal, but no network activity. Uninstall, reinstall, all have no impact. Two systems are Win 10 Home, and one is Win 10 Pro. Same issues. Diagnostic is a joke, produces no faults, and no information. I think there is a conflict between Win and the modem software. I am unable to turn off the "Let windows manage this connection" check box that shows up under the connection indicator in the notification view.

Do I need to revert to 1803? That sucks.

Similar issues have been reported since September. When will it get fixed?

:)

BlaiseCornelldEchert Jr, Dec 30, 2019
  2. Darren Win User

Wireless cable modem/router/firewall

can someone recommend me a wireless router with built in cable modem. Most of the devices ive seen are equiped with ADSL modems!

required features

• Wireless
    • firewall
    • router
    • Built in cable modem
    • fully telewest/blueyonder compatible

Darren, Dec 30, 2019
  3. TELUS Internet Stick On Ubuntu

I have successfully configured the Sierra Wireless USB 598, Sierra Wireless USB 306 and Huawei E182E: Telus, Ubuntu, and USB Cellular Modems. I ran into some DNS/nameserver issues on the 306 that I managed to work around.

islandlinux, Dec 30, 2019
  4. Sierra Wireless Cellular Modem not working

Cellular missing from Network & Internet in Windows 10 after Fall Creators Update

After Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, I can’t connect to a cellular network.

My setup is onfiguration:

• PC: Lenovo T450s,
    • Modem: Sierra Wireless EM7345 4G LTE

Before update, everythings was OK, but after restart with update I don't have cellular network in tray icon Network, and even in Settings -> Network and Internet.

But in the network connections there is configured cellular network and it’s turned on. When I click on connect/disconnect with default I should be landed on Settings -> Network & Internet -> Cellular. But I landed in Settings -> Network & Internet -> WiFi.

How can I force turn on cellular settings? Register? Netsh?
    Of course I tried to remove the modem from device manager, reinstall drivers, etc… And nothing has worked.

Lukasz Ostrowski, Dec 30, 2019
Thema:

Sierra Wireless Cellular Modem not working

1. Sierra Wireless Cellular Modem not working - Similar Threads - Sierra Wireless Cellular

2. Windows 11- AT&T LTE won't share via Hotpost- Dell Laptop with Sierra Wireless Modem dw5811e

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11- AT&T LTE won't share via Hotpost- Dell Laptop with Sierra Wireless Modem dw5811e: I have a Latitude 7530 with a Dw5811e Snapdragon x7 LTE modem. I have AT&T LTE service with a sim card installed. and my internet works. even thought it shows "identifying" However, when i try to enable the hotspot feature and share the connection over wifi I receive the...
  3. Windows 11- AT&T LTE won't share via Hotpost- Dell Laptop with Sierra Wireless Modem dw5811e

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11- AT&T LTE won't share via Hotpost- Dell Laptop with Sierra Wireless Modem dw5811e: I have a Latitude 7530 with a Dw5811e Snapdragon x7 LTE modem. I have AT&T LTE service with a sim card installed. and my internet works. even thought it shows "identifying" However, when i try to enable the hotspot feature and share the connection over wifi I receive the...
  4. Windows 10 PC 4G Cellular Modem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 PC 4G Cellular Modem: Hi,I have a windows 10 PC that has a Verizon 4G Cellular modem in it. The pc is not enabling the cellular modem upon startup. If I want to connect to the internet using the cell service, I have to put the PC into airplane mode and then back to normal. Then the PC will show...
  5. Ethernet Connection Disables Cellular Modem

Ethernet Connection Disables Cellular Modem: I'm running Windows 10 Pro 2004 with a DW5811e Snapdragon X7 LTE WWAN card for cellular access on my laptop and whenever I connect an ethernet cable to my system with routes, the cellular immediately turns off. If I remove any routes that use the ethernet connection, the...
  6. Build 2004 - Does a LTE (WWAN - cellular) modem work for you?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Build 2004 - Does a LTE (WWAN - cellular) modem work for you?: I have Lenovo ThinkPad 8 tablet with Sierra Wireless EM7345 LTE modem (mini PCie). I couldn't connect after update from 1909 to 2004 Windows 10 build. I had to revert back to 1909. I found similar reports in Feedback Hub for different LTE modems...
  7. Roaming with a USB cellular modem

Roaming with a USB cellular modem: While trying to roam internationally with a USB cellular modem I am unable to select any network other than the home network and therefore unable to connect. The instructions say you can chooseSearch for networks, and then select another cellular network, but there is no...
  8. Sierra Wireless log problem full disk.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sierra Wireless log problem full disk.: Hello Reddit I have a problem regarding Sierra Wireless software My tablets create logs example https://i.imgur.com/rBcxi18.png And it's filling my harddisk up with logs. I have tried numerous ways to fix the problem....
  9. Cellular Broadband Modem

Cellular Broadband Modem: Cellular Broadband Modem: EM7345 has been working perfectly. Since some days - perhaps after an updating - the status of modem shows "No Service". Please help me to solve this problem in Windows 10 x64. Thank you....
  10. Active Ethernet connection disables Cellular Modem

Active Ethernet connection disables Cellular Modem: Folks, I came across an issue on my Windows 10 Enterprise Build 1803 with Cellular/Ethernet connections. I have a HP lt4120 Snapdragon X5 LTE installed in my notebook. I purchased it with the intent to work on the road and to leverage it for ICS. When I am connected...