Windows 10: Sign in as administrator

Discus and support Sign in as administrator in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I’m using Win10 home edition and I’m the administrator. But for some things I’m told I must sign in as administrator. How do I do this? Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NormanStein, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Sign in as administrator

I’m using Win10 home edition and I’m the administrator. But for some things I’m told I must sign in as administrator. How do I do this?

Thanks

normans

:)

NormanStein, Sep 26, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

Administrator level User

Use Option Five again, but this time boot from a Windows 10 install usb or recovery drive. You only get asked to select an administrator account if you boot from the system's own Advanced Startup.

3. jimbobs Win User
    Administrator level User

Got the laptop. It's a Lenovo G500 so possibly has Lenovo stuff in the way? Anyway, booted it normally and it opens into a regular account without admin privileges. Rebooted it into Recovery mode (per Option 5) and get Lenovo logo and Preparing Automatic Repair message; then Select Account + "You need to sign in as an administrator to continue but there aren't any administrator accounts on this PC". There is an option "Forgot your password or don't see your account?" but selecting that brings up a screen which should list admin accounts but there aren't any. Pressing the only option on that page Restart leads eventually to a BSOD with Stop code: 0xc00002e3 (which I know is misconfigured o/s or missing or damaged system files).

Can anybody suggest next steps in resolving this?

jimbobs, Sep 26, 2020
  4. Sign in as administrator

administrator can't sign in

I appreciate your response. There is a possibility that your user account is not an administrator and that is the reason why the device is having an issue with receiving a remote control assistance. Since you are also having an issue with accessing the administrator
    account of your wife, I suggest enabling the built-in administrator on your Windows 10. Using the built-in administrator account, you'll be able to make your user account as an administrator.

To enable the built-in administrator account, follow these steps:

• On Search type CMD to open the Command Prompt. Right click on CMD then choose Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Yes.
    • In the Command Prompt window, type net user administrator /active:yes then hit the Enter key.
    • You should see a message that the command completed successfully. Log out, and you’ll now see the Administrator account as a choice on the login screen.

Once you sign into the PC using the built-in administrator, follow these steps to make your user profiles as an administrator:

• Open the Settings app.
    • Choose Accounts and then click on Other people.
    • Click on your user account and then click on Change account type button.
    • Change the account type to Administrator and then click OK.

Note: The built-in administrator account has more privileges than a regular administrator account. Privileges that can easily generate a conflict on your system. We only recommend enabling the built-in administrator account for troubleshooting purposes and
    you have to disable it once you are done.

To disable the built-in administrator account, access the Command Prompt with administrator privileges. Type the command net user administrator /active:no then hit the Enter key. The built-in administrator account will now be disabled, and
    shouldn’t show up on the login screen.

Let me know if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

Sign in as administrator

1. Sign in as administrator - Similar Threads - Sign administrator

2. After 15 days of upgrade I can't sign to my administrative account and I am taken To temp...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After 15 days of upgrade I can't sign to my administrative account and I am taken To temp...: I upgraded my computer 15 days ago but A problem came now by my computer "We can't sign in to your account" "After you sign out Your data will not be saved. And for repairing this problem a sign out option comes but if I sign out and again sign in the problem is not solved....
  3. You need to sign in as an administrator to continue, but there aren’t any administrator...

in Windows 10 News
    You need to sign in as an administrator to continue, but there aren’t any administrator...: [ATTACH]If you have encountered the error message You need to sign in as an […] This article You need to sign in as an administrator to continue, but there aren’t any administrator accounts on this PC first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. You need to sign in as an administrator to continue, but there aren't any administrator...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    You need to sign in as an administrator to continue, but there aren't any administrator...: Hi, suddenly windows didn't start and stucked with repair screen. if i try startup repair or startup settings (safe mode etc) it redirects to same repair screen after restart if i try system restore or return back older windows, reset the pc, CMD option arent working. They...
  5. How can I sign in as Administrator?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I sign in as Administrator?: I am the administrator for my desktop and am trying to delete some programs I downloaded. I keep getting a message that I have to first sign in as Administrator to remove them. So how do I sign in as Administrator when I already am. Very frustrating. Thanks for you help....
  6. Problems signing in as Administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems signing in as Administrator: Hi When I try to sign in as administrator under Windows Setting - Accounts I recieve an error when I get to this stage 'Sign in to this computer using your Microsoft Account' when I put in my Microsoft Account password, I recieve an error message 'The password you have...
  7. How to modify a shortcut icon to remove the administrator sign without it not running as...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to modify a shortcut icon to remove the administrator sign without it not running as...: I want to remove the administrator sign from a shortcut icon but I still want it to run as administrator. Please help me out. submitted by /u/narpu [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ji0gga/how_to_modify_a_shortcut_icon_to_remove_the/
  8. Sign in with a Microsoft account instead. Administrator account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign in with a Microsoft account instead. Administrator account: I have Windows 10 Pro since its release. Today, I decided to switch the email account for the computer administrator account. The following steps outline the sequence of events; I logged in as a local account. Clicked on Sign in with a Microsoft account instead Followed the...
  9. Windows 10 login to local user immediate sign out but login to Administrator user not problem.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 login to local user immediate sign out but login to Administrator user not problem.: Hi all, I've been try create a new local user but it can't sign in but if I change it to Administrator user will no problem on that. What should I do?...
  10. Microsoft account is signed in as administrator, want to switch to standard user but can't...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft account is signed in as administrator, want to switch to standard user but can't...: I've just realized that I've been running as an administrator for my computer for a long time now and I would like to switch to a standard user however because I'm signed in with a Microsoft account and not a local account, I'm unable to create a new user as my standard user...