Windows 10: Sign in button does not work

Discus and support Sign in button does not work in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've just done a number of updates over the last few days after not having used my computer for a few months. When I reach my log in screen that is an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Frustrateduser01, Dec 28, 2021.

1. Sign in button does not work

I've just done a number of updates over the last few days after not having used my computer for a few months. When I reach my log in screen that is an administrator account and linked to my hotmail account the "sign in" text does not have an box over top of it. When I click on it nothing happens and I am booted back to the welcome screen. I have booted in safe mode, run sfc/scannow, and a variety of other things. I am able to get into my computer via a local administrator account but there is literally nothing I can do to log into my existing account. My computer is obviously working fine as

:)

Frustrateduser01, Dec 28, 2021

2. "Sign in with local account" button is not working.

Hi,

Failure to sign in to your local account can be related to how the user permission is configured on your device. To effectively assist you with your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Which Windows build version is running on your device? Type winver
      in the search box and press Enter to help you identify.
    • Have you made any recent changes on your device prior to your concern?

As an initial step, we suggest that you create a new user and check if you'll be able to sign in to your local account from there. To create a new user, you can follow the steps provided on this

link

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Dec 28, 2021
  3. Start Button displaying but not working

The start button was working until there was a forced reboot (power failure). Then left click (normal click) over the start button does absolutely nothing. Right click brings up a menu but "programs" and also "settings" are missing and not included on this list. Search or Task View buttons do not work either with "normal" click. Does anyone have any suggestion or fixes?
    Thank you in advance *Huh
    Sue

suejbakula, Dec 28, 2021
  4. Sign in button does not work

My hello sign in stopped working.

Hi,

This problem that started after installing the last Windows update might be caused by outdated or corrupted device drivers. For us to better assist you, we'll be needing additional information:

• Are you pertaining on Windows Hello sign-in? If yes, does it mean that the facial recognition is not working?
    • Is there an error message displayed when using Windows Hello?

Meanwhile, it is better to check the status of Windows Hello sign-in option in your computer. To check the Windows Hello status, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Accounts from the list.
    • Select Sign-in options in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Windows Hello, kindly check the status of it.

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest keeping the device drivers like camera driver up-to-date. For your reference, check this article on how to
    update drivers in Windows 10.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Dec 28, 2021
Thema:

Sign in button does not work

1. Sign in button does not work - Similar Threads - Sign button does

2. Sign in button won’t work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in button won’t work: Hey so I’ve been trying to get onto Xbox on my pc all night . Every time I click sign in it loads a box and goes off again . I try log onto Microsoft store and it won’t work at all when I click sign in .I’m trying to log onto Xbox using a different email to my current one if...
  3. Sign in button won’t work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign in button won’t work: Hey so I’ve been trying to get onto Xbox on my pc all night . Every time I click sign in it loads a box and goes off again . I try log onto Microsoft store and it won’t work at all when I click sign in .I’m trying to log onto Xbox using a different email to my current one if...
  4. Sign in button won’t work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Sign in button does not work

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign in button does not work: I linked my Microsoft to my PC health check application. Now, when I open my PC, I am greeted with a sign in button. When I click the button nothing happens. I tried safe mode, but it still didn't work....
  6. Sign in button does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in button does not work: I linked my Microsoft to my PC health check application. Now, when I open my PC, I am greeted with a sign in button. When I click the button nothing happens. I tried safe mode, but it still didn't work....
  7. Sign in button does not work

8. Sign in button does not work

Sign in button does not work: I've just done a number of updates over the last few days after not having used my computer for a few months. When I reach my log in screen that is an administrator account and linked to my hotmail account the "sign in" text does not have an box over top of it. When I click...
  9. Sign in button does not work

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign in button does not work: I've just done a number of updates over the last few days after not having used my computer for a few months. When I reach my log in screen that is an administrator account and linked to my hotmail account the "sign in" text does not have an box over top of it. When I click...
  10. Start button does not work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Start button does not work: How do i fix a start button that has recently stopped working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-does-not-work/8dc0b3d8-e7d4-4e53-8b79-e6df51370962