Windows 10: Sign-in error is blocking me from accessing Windows altogether

Discus and support Sign-in error is blocking me from accessing Windows altogether in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have 2 user profiles on my Dell PC and when I try to sign in on either of them, the error message (no error #) reads: "The User Profile Service... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hijole_frijoles, Jan 2, 2021.

1. Sign-in error is blocking me from accessing Windows altogether

I have 2 user profiles on my Dell PC and when I try to sign in on either of them, the error message (no error #) reads:

"The User Profile Service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded"

After research, I've found that I need to boot up safe mode and manually fix the user files (via regedit, etc).

But even in safe mode, I have to sign in to a profile and I still get the same error msg on both profiles.

Every tutorial I've seen, they have no problem signing in while in safe mode. I also tried doing a "system restore" to Dec 26, 2020, but the same error msg persists and I can't sign in. I also ran the "Startup Repair" diagnostic in the troubleshooting menu and it didn't work.

The only thing I can think of that may be the problem is I don't know which profile is the admin on my PC, if either of them even are (Idk if it's possible for neither profile to have admin rights). But I read that you should sign in to the admin profile when fixing this, and idk which one that is on mine.

Thanks if you have any help :3

submitted by /u/hijole_frijoles
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/hijole_frijoles, Jan 2, 2021
  2. jimhoyle Win User

How to troubleshoot an error that appears only at Restart or Sign out?

I get an error pop-up error message not every, but almost every time I Restart or Sign out. It's the screen with blue background and on top of Restart or Sign out text an error window says:

Explorer.exe - Application error. The instruction at 0x000… referenced memory at 0x000... The memory could not be written.

Sometimes the error code is just zeros, sometimes random numbers. I have tried so much already to troubleshoot this. For example these did not help in any way:
    • MemTest86+ (no problems)
    • Disabling any Services, Autoruns/ShellExView entries
    • Low resolution mode
    • BIOS settings are fine, no overclocking etc.
    • DISM.exe and sfc
    • etc.

However, these do make the error go away:
    • End process for explorer.exe before Restart or Sign out
    • Safe Mode
    • Creating a new user profile (almost the same as clean installing Windows, many full days of work)
    • Uninstalling NVIDIA graphics driver (then the card is unusable, of course)
    • Disabling Device Manager / Display Adapters / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

I already contacted NVIDIA and the graphics driver is not the culprit. Something has gone wrong with the user profile as the same driver works just fine in a new profile (and there's nothing wrong with the driver anyway, it's just the Restart or Sign out process that has a problem).

What can I do to fix this? One useful thing would be to have a step-by-step procedure for the Sign out. So that it'd ask before continuing to the next step and list what it's doing. Or if I could just disable whatever it does when the error appears.

jimhoyle, Jan 2, 2021
  3. AMX& Win User
    Windows Security - Controlled Folder Access - Recently Blocked App List

Hello,

I thank you for your response. I know how to add and remove apps to and from the controlled folder access. My question is how to remove an app from the "Recently Blocked Apps" list. In Windows 1809 they made it easier to add apps to the controlled folder
    access without having to navigate to the exe. They added a Recently Blocked Apps list you can select from. The steps for Windows 1809 are:

1. Open the Windows Security and click/tap on the Virus & threat protection icon.

2. Click/tap on the Manage ransomware protection link under the Ransomware protection section.

3. Click/tap on the Allow an app through Controlled folder access link.

4. Click/tap on Yes when prompted by UAC to approve.

5. Click/tap on Add an Allowed App (+) sign

6. Click or tap Recently Blocked Apps from the drop down menu. (NEW)

7. Click or tap on the (+) button for the app you want to add from the list. (NEW)

It is this Recently Blocked Folders List I am trying to edit to remove apps I have not authorized and that have been deleted from my PC and are still in this list. I know you can select an allowed app from the controlled folder access list and you will
    see a REMOVE button, which in 1809 will put the app back in the Recently Blocked Apps list if it was there originally. But that same process does not work on the Blocked Apps list.

My question still remains:

How do you delete an app from the "Recently Blocked Apps" list in Windows Security for Windows 1809?

AMX&, Jan 2, 2021
  4. Sign-in error is blocking me from accessing Windows altogether

I can't sign in windows store and I can't use acount microsoft to sign in windows

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply. Are you still facing the issue?

If yes, Please follow below suggestions:

What happens when you try to sign to Windows Store?

Please give us the complete error message if any.

For Windows store issue you may refer the following suggestion:

I would suggest you to refer to the following steps:

• Press Windows +R Keys to open Run command

• Type wsreset.exe and hit enter

Now, try to open store and see if that helps.

Waseemulla S, Jan 2, 2021
Thema:

Sign-in error is blocking me from accessing Windows altogether

1. Sign-in error is blocking me from accessing Windows altogether - Similar Threads - Sign error blocking

2. Windows 11 firewall is blocking me from accessing Rhino website

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 firewall is blocking me from accessing Rhino website: Hi,This is what I see when try to access rhino - "This site can’t be reachedThe webpage at https://accounts.rhino3d.com/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.ERR_ADDRESS_INVALID"I have contacted Rhino agents and they told me it's my...
  3. Windows 11 firewall is blocking me from accessing Rhino website

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 firewall is blocking me from accessing Rhino website: Hi,This is what I see when try to access rhino - "This site can’t be reachedThe webpage at https://accounts.rhino3d.com/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.ERR_ADDRESS_INVALID"I have contacted Rhino agents and they told me it's my...
  4. Blocked from entering sign in number

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blocked from entering sign in number: I have 2 PCs running Win 10 Pro 64-bit I am able to sign-in on one but on the other I am being blocked from entering the complete sign on number. What could be causing this? What should I do? I performed a system restore from backup the problem persisted. That did not help....
  5. Blocking anyone else from signing in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Blocking anyone else from signing in: So I'm running the latest Windows version on my laptop. My brother - who seems to be addicted to any type of electronic device - keeps getting desperate and tries to keep sneak use my laptop whenever I'm asleep or not there to be guarding it myself. I've already changed the...
  6. Windows 10 Hello, blocking me from signing in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Hello, blocking me from signing in: I set up Windows 10, but didnt set up Hello. Now I cant sign in at all, because it wants my PIN, which was never set up... I cant Change PIN, or Add, until I sign in! Now what?...
  7. Windows blocking me

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows blocking me: Help Please! I'm not sure which category this should go in under, to me this is performance, security, update but that's not an option. My pc - desktop Windows 10 2004 home edition I am the only user and so am the administrator. FYI I have spent so many days trying...
  8. Blocked access from Microsoft Azure

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Blocked access from Microsoft Azure: After downloading the windows 10. I got the following error from Microsoft Azure: We are sorry, but we are unable to validate your access to benefits (Transaction Id: f50a72d3-0413-44d9-a016-c05c57240577, Message Code: 715-123170). Please contact support. How can I resolve...
  9. advert error/blocked access

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    advert error/blocked access: appears since latest ms update access to all4 on channel 4 web site blocked.says add blocker in place so will not allow but have no ad blocker.what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/advert-errorblocked-access/df0bc789-405c-4318-afb9-5ff0f6c7139d
  10. Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware [ERROR]

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware [ERROR]: Hello guys. I wouldn't come to bother you with this issue if I haven't searched some other forums before without success. This issue is only happening with one game: Modern Warfare 3 (Steam version). Let me explain: -First I got the "Graphic drivers stop responding...."...