Windows 10: Sign in errors

Discus and support Sign in errors in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Ok so this all started today where i was cleaning space off my hard drive. I deleted an account I hardly ever used, and now when I try to sign in, it... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Griffin Adelmann, May 6, 2020.

1. Sign in errors

Ok so this all started today where i was cleaning space off my hard drive. I deleted an account I hardly ever used, and now when I try to sign in, it forces me to try and sign into the deleted account so I cant access my computer.

:)

Griffin Adelmann, May 6, 2020
  2. jimhoyle Win User

How to troubleshoot an error that appears only at Restart or Sign out?

I get an error pop-up error message not every, but almost every time I Restart or Sign out. It's the screen with blue background and on top of Restart or Sign out text an error window says:

Explorer.exe - Application error. The instruction at 0x000… referenced memory at 0x000... The memory could not be written.

Sometimes the error code is just zeros, sometimes random numbers. I have tried so much already to troubleshoot this. For example these did not help in any way:
    • MemTest86+ (no problems)
    • Disabling any Services, Autoruns/ShellExView entries
    • Low resolution mode
    • BIOS settings are fine, no overclocking etc.
    • DISM.exe and sfc
    • etc.

However, these do make the error go away:
    • End process for explorer.exe before Restart or Sign out
    • Safe Mode
    • Creating a new user profile (almost the same as clean installing Windows, many full days of work)
    • Uninstalling NVIDIA graphics driver (then the card is unusable, of course)
    • Disabling Device Manager / Display Adapters / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

I already contacted NVIDIA and the graphics driver is not the culprit. Something has gone wrong with the user profile as the same driver works just fine in a new profile (and there's nothing wrong with the driver anyway, it's just the Restart or Sign out process that has a problem).

What can I do to fix this? One useful thing would be to have a step-by-step procedure for the Sign out. So that it'd ask before continuing to the next step and list what it's doing. Or if I could just disable whatever it does when the error appears.

jimhoyle, May 6, 2020
  3. App Store sign-in error, 0xD000000D

Hi Suzanne,

There's a possibility that you are currently signed in on your computer using your local account. For us to sort this out, we suggest that you sign in with your Microsoft account instead. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings > Accounts > Your email and accounts.
    • Select Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Once signed in with your Microsoft account on your computer, try signing into the Windows Store app.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 6, 2020
  4. Teokute Win User

Sign in errors

Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. Sign in errors :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, May 6, 2020
Thema:

Sign in errors

1. Sign in errors - Similar Threads - Sign errors

2. My device has the error "The user Profile Service failed the sign-in User profile cannot be...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My device has the error "The user Profile Service failed the sign-in User profile cannot be...: My device has the error "The user Profile Service failed the sign-in User profile cannot be loaded" I created an additional account for my son on Windows, but when I log in, I get the above error. My computer should have had 2 accounts to log in to, but it only had 1 my son's...
  3. My device has the error "The user Profile Service failed the sign-in User profile cannot be...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My device has the error "The user Profile Service failed the sign-in User profile cannot be...: My device has the error "The user Profile Service failed the sign-in User profile cannot be loaded" I created an additional account for my son on Windows, but when I log in, I get the above error. My computer should have had 2 accounts to log in to, but it only had 1 my son's...
  4. My device has the error "The user Profile Service failed the sign-in User profile cannot be...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Onedrive Personal not signing in , getting error code 0x8004de44

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive Personal not signing in , getting error code 0x8004de44: Onedrive Personal not signing in , getting error code 0x8004de44 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-personal-not-signing-in-getting-error/c6c129c1-ef30-4e3b-97d4-ef8166257172
  6. Onedrive Personal not signing in , getting error code 0x8004de44

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Onedrive Personal not signing in , getting error code 0x8004de44: Onedrive Personal not signing in , getting error code 0x8004de44 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-personal-not-signing-in-getting-error/c6c129c1-ef30-4e3b-97d4-ef8166257172
  7. Onedrive Personal not signing in , getting error code 0x8004de44

8. We can't sign into your account error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We can't sign into your account error: I've been having this issue for a while now on my school laptop saying "We can't sign into your account" and it's been going on for a while. It doesn't do this on my other school laptops and my teacher just says to ignore it so why is it doing it on one specifically?...
  9. We can't sign into your account error

We can't sign into your account error: I've been having this issue for a while now on my school laptop saying "We can't sign into your account" and it's been going on for a while. It doesn't do this on my other school laptops and my teacher just says to ignore it so why is it doing it on one specifically?...
  10. We can't sign into your account error

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen