Windows 10: Sign in Failure

Discus and support Sign in Failure in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently updated windows on my desktop, and now I cannot sign in on said desktop. I have reset my password from my laptop, and it still does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by John W. E., Sep 14, 2020.

1. Sign in Failure

I recently updated windows on my desktop, and now I cannot sign in on said desktop. I have reset my password from my laptop, and it still does not work. When I attempt to go through the password recovery on the desktop, I get a notification that "The User Profile Service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded." And there is nothing I can do about it. I do have internet access, and have already tried a restart which did not fix the problem.

:)

John W. E., Sep 14, 2020

2. Sign in failure

Hello IanMcCaffery,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with sign in failure after creating a new user account in Windows 10.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

This issue can be caused due to pending updates or corrupted user account. Let’s try to identify the actual cause and troubleshoot accordingly.

I would suggest you to check the following settings and may sure they are all aligned to the same languages and region:

• Go toSettings
      > Time & Language > Region & Language.

• Check the Country or region settings.

• Check the Windows display language
      (set as English US) settings.

• Then go to Settings >
      System > Speech.

• Check the Spoken language
      (set as English US) settings.
    If the above settings are correct and the issue still persists, then you may
    convert the Microsoft account to a Local account and switch back to Microsoft account
    and check if it helps. To do so, follow the steps given below:

Step 1:

Convert the Microsoft account to a Local account:

• Sign in to your
      Microsoft account on Windows 10 Insider Preview.

• Click Start and then PC settings.

• Click Users and accounts and under Your Profile click Disconnect on the right of the screen.

• Enter your Microsoft account's password, and click on Next.

• Type in a Username, Password, and Password Hint that you want set for your Local account and click
      Next.

• Click on Sign out and Finish button.
    Step 2:

Switch back Local account to Microsoft account:

• On the newly converted Local account, click Start and then PC Settings.

• Click Users and accounts and under Your Profile click Connect to a Microsoft account.

• Enter the Microsoft account ID and Password and click Next.

• Choose if you want OneDrive as your default file saving location, click Next.

• Click Switch.
    The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

Regarding the issue when you shut down your system it restarts,
    I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Shahzaib S” replied on July 3, 2015 in the Microsoft Community link and check if that helps.

Windows 8 Restarts after Shut-Down

The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Sep 14, 2020
  3. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Sep 14, 2020
  4. Sign in Failure

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

Sign in Failure

1. Sign in Failure - Similar Threads - Sign Failure

2. Sign-in process initialization failure.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign-in process initialization failure.: I recently have purchased and built a new gaming PC abd have only owned it for a few days now. It is a MSI B550 motherboard that has a Windows 10 OSWithout key.When I powered it on today, I was greeted with the message "Sign in process initialization failure." It will not...
  3. Sign-in process initialization failure.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign-in process initialization failure.: I recently have purchased and built a new gaming PC abd have only owned it for a few days now. It is a MSI B550 motherboard that has a Windows 10 OSWithout key.When I powered it on today, I was greeted with the message "Sign in process initialization failure." It will not...
  4. Sign-in process initialization failure.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Interactive sign-in process initialisation failure.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Interactive sign-in process initialisation failure.: My Aspire Aspire 3 Windows 11 10 months old has without me doing anything a frozen power button. After 2 days I pressed button and a message "interactive sign-in process initialisation has failed". If I attached this Acer to HP Stream Windows 8 using a USB transfer cable...
  6. Interactive sign-in process initialisation failure.

Interactive sign-in process initialisation failure.: My Aspire Aspire 3 Windows 11 10 months old has without me doing anything a frozen power button. After 2 days I pressed button and a message "interactive sign-in process initialisation has failed". If I attached this Acer to HP Stream Windows 8 using a USB transfer cable...
  7. Sign in system failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in system failure: I am unexpectedly get log out and after i tryied to sign in it say your system is locked for two hours and then I was waited for it still it can not gone i also try forget password then I got this error acchaed below...
  8. Sign in system failure

Sign in system failure: I am unexpectedly get log out and after i tryied to sign in it say your system is locked for two hours and then I was waited for it still it can not gone i also try forget password then I got this error acchaed below...
  9. Failure to sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Failure to sign in: Hello,I desperately need help with this issue with my laptop. I've had mine since 2017 and it refuses to update since 2018/19 I believe, and has no more storage matter how much I clean. But what is worst is that I can't sign in to the admin user meaning I can't make any admin...
  10. Failure to sign in

Failure to sign in: Hello,I desperately need help with this issue with my laptop. I've had mine since 2017 and it refuses to update since 2018/19 I believe, and has no more storage matter how much I clean. But what is worst is that I can't sign in to the admin user meaning I can't make any admin...