Windows 10: Sign-in for laptop

Discus and support Sign-in for laptop in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My laptop has a log-in and password. How can I get rid of these so that any user can access the laptop without signing in?... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JaniceBerrian, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Sign-in for laptop

My laptop has a log-in and password. How can I get rid of these so that any user can access the laptop without signing in?

:)

JaniceBerrian, Aug 10, 2020
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Aug 10, 2020
  3. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Aug 10, 2020
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Sign-in for laptop

Inability to sign on to my laptop

Hi,

It's possible for you to change the sign-in method of your computer once you're logged in. Since you can't remember your password, if you're using your Microsoft account, we suggest that you follow the steps
    provided in this article: When you can't sign in to your Microsoft account.
    If you're using a local account, follow the steps here instead: Reset
    your Windows 10 local account password

Once you're able to sign in, you can change the sign-in options by following these steps:

• Click Start.

• Type Sign-in options.

• Press Enter.

• Under PIN, click Add.

• Enter your password or any other required information when prompted and click
      OK.

• Enter at PIN number with at least 4 digits and click OK.

Let us know if you need help with any other concerns.

Yolvi Ell, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

Sign-in for laptop

1. Sign-in for laptop - Similar Threads - Sign laptop

2. Hi Why does my laptop say "You're about to be signed out Windows will shut down in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi Why does my laptop say "You're about to be signed out Windows will shut down in...: Why does my laptop say "You're about to be signed out Windows will shut down in less than a minute and then restart" ? What is the solution to this problem?...
  3. Hi Why does my laptop say "You're about to be signed out Windows will shut down in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi Why does my laptop say "You're about to be signed out Windows will shut down in...: Why does my laptop say "You're about to be signed out Windows will shut down in less than a minute and then restart" ? What is the solution to this problem?...
  4. Hi Why does my laptop say "You're about to be signed out Windows will shut down in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Hi Why does my laptop say "You're about to be signed out Windows will shut down in...

6. I cannot sign into my laptop and I had to update my recovery number due to no longer...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cannot sign into my laptop and I had to update my recovery number due to no longer...: I cannot change any of my security settings it's says site unavailable til my phone number updates I need my laptop for school https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-sign-into-my-laptop-and-i-had-to-update/2bafd1da-c479-4b65-a307-d79eb3962d47
  7. I cannot sign into my laptop and I had to update my recovery number due to no longer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot sign into my laptop and I had to update my recovery number due to no longer...: I cannot change any of my security settings it's says site unavailable til my phone number updates I need my laptop for school https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-sign-into-my-laptop-and-i-had-to-update/2bafd1da-c479-4b65-a307-d79eb3962d47
  8. I cannot sign into my laptop and I had to update my recovery number due to no longer...

9. Why is the sign-in option at the start of the Laptop no longer showing?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why is the sign-in option at the start of the Laptop no longer showing?: My Laptop has had two sign-in options and honestly I forgot the password but have finally remembered the pattern on the picture password to open it up but challenge now is; it is not giving me the option to have even the sign-in options but rather only to input password of...
  10. Why is the sign-in option at the start of the Laptop no longer showing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the sign-in option at the start of the Laptop no longer showing?: My Laptop has had two sign-in options and honestly I forgot the password but have finally remembered the pattern on the picture password to open it up but challenge now is; it is not giving me the option to have even the sign-in options but rather only to input password of...