Windows 10: Sign-in for Power BI

Discus and support Sign-in for Power BI in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I run my own business and while I have consultants working for me, I don't have a website so I don't have a "business" email address. My business email... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by tjgarland, Jun 15, 2019.

1. tjgarland Win User

Sign-in for Power BI

I run my own business and while I have consultants working for me, I don't have a website so I don't have a "business" email address. My business email address is an @outlook.com.au email. I want to explore the functions of Power BI as if it works how I believe it will work, I can get other people in my team (we all work independently though collaborate together) using the platform. However, Power BI says considers my email a personal email so won't let me get an account which means I can't get to test-drive the product. How do I get around this?

BTW, there was no suitable category for POWER BI so I selected WINDOWS - please move to the correct category.

:)

tjgarland, Jun 15, 2019
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

Power BI

Hello James,

This issue with using Power BI requires advanced technical assistance. For you to get the most appropriate resolution, we suggest that you post your concern in our
    Power BI Community. From there, our team from Power BI who specializes with this software will assist you.

Let us know if you need further help with any Windows issue.

Paolo Mag, Jun 15, 2019
  3. Microsoft Power BI Service not allowing RLS function

Thanks for the suggestion Ganesh,

But here we need to use the best way that the customer should not able to view the filtering style and this URL method filtering:?filter=Tablename/Fieldname eq 'Value' is not working with the report links in power bi service.

Niranjan (MS Developer), Jun 15, 2019
  4. Sign-in for Power BI

Microsoft Power BI Service not allowing RLS function

I surfed through blogs to understand about URL filtering method in power bi. But even though I follow all steps to implement the reports to be filtered in Power bi Service, am unsuccessful in it(not working).

My doubts :

1. Do I need to be a Power BI Pro license user? - If yes, of course, I am a pro user and still not able to do it in PBI Service.

2. Do I need to get some additional settings to be enabled in it? - Correct me if I am wrong.

My Question :

1. Is there any other steps to filter out the reports in PBI Service other than Option setting parameters and URL filtering method - Please suggest me the best way to implement.

2. Do I need to update versions of PBI Service - Currently it is in Version13.0.8383.170.

Niranjan (MS Developer), Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

Sign-in for Power BI

1. Sign-in for Power BI - Similar Threads - Sign Power

2. Why is Win 11 Ignoring my settings for power & sign-in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Win 11 Ignoring my settings for power & sign-in?: I have 2 major issues with my new Windows 11 laptop. 1 I set up the power settings to NEVER turn off the system/disks/etc when plugged in. However, after being away from the computer for some unknown amount of time, it shuts down anyway, causing me to miss AV database...
  3. Why is Win 11 Ignoring my settings for power & sign-in?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Win 11 Ignoring my settings for power & sign-in?: I have 2 major issues with my new Windows 11 laptop. 1 I set up the power settings to NEVER turn off the system/disks/etc when plugged in. However, after being away from the computer for some unknown amount of time, it shuts down anyway, causing me to miss AV database...
  4. My laptop seems completely dead but the only sign of life is the power button light

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop seems completely dead but the only sign of life is the power button light: Basically, it all started while I was gaming on my laptop. It was a laptop for school/work, and I knew I shouldn't be gaming on it, but since we had some free time, I decided to have some fun. It was the last day of school, and it was also extremely hot, with temperatures...
  5. My laptop seems completely dead but the only sign of life is the power button light

My laptop seems completely dead but the only sign of life is the power button light: Basically, it all started while I was gaming on my laptop. It was a laptop for school/work, and I knew I shouldn't be gaming on it, but since we had some free time, I decided to have some fun. It was the last day of school, and it was also extremely hot, with temperatures...
  6. Sign in option in blue screen and not power button on screen and saying password is wrong

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign in option in blue screen and not power button on screen and saying password is wrong: I have the following same issue. No one give proper answer there.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/endless-select-account-loop/f43df13b-bd8c-43cf-8dfe-75cf737b37d8...
  7. Sign in option in blue screen and not power button on screen and saying password is wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in option in blue screen and not power button on screen and saying password is wrong: I have the following same issue. No one give proper answer there.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/endless-select-account-loop/f43df13b-bd8c-43cf-8dfe-75cf737b37d8...
  8. Sign in option in blue screen and not power button on screen and saying password is wrong

9. Why can't I sign in to win11 after a power outage?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I sign in to win11 after a power outage?: I have an HP elitedesk running win11. After a power outage, it won't let me sign in; it just keeps telling me that the sign-in option has been disabled because of multiple failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns neither of which are true. It then tells me to use a...
  10. Why can't I sign in to win11 after a power outage?

Why can't I sign in to win11 after a power outage?: I have an HP elitedesk running win11. After a power outage, it won't let me sign in; it just keeps telling me that the sign-in option has been disabled because of multiple failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns neither of which are true. It then tells me to use a...