Windows 10: SIGN-IN (FORGOT PASSWORD)

Discus and support SIGN-IN (FORGOT PASSWORD) in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello dear Microsoft community, After someone borrowed my laptop, I cannot sign in because I used to sign in using my pin. I haven't used my password... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DyanneGavin, Sep 21, 2019.

1. SIGN-IN (FORGOT PASSWORD)

Hello dear Microsoft community,

After someone borrowed my laptop, I cannot sign in because I used to sign in using my pin. I haven't used my password for years and cannot remember it. Also, there is no option under the password space to change to pin.

I've also tried to recover my password by clicking on I forget my password. However, I get a message that says,

"Your User Profile service failed the sign-in.

User profile cannot be loaded.

Is there a way to reboot the whole system without having to be signed in to my profile which is the administrator of this computer?

:)

DyanneGavin, Sep 21, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Forgot Password

Hi Cameron,

There are some possible troubleshooting steps you can follow to be able to log in to your account. To assist you regarding the issue, we suggest that you check the steps and information provided on the links below.

support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/189126

account-reset-password-forgot-faq

Let us know how it goes.

Remon Ont, Sep 21, 2019
  3. forgot password

Hi Tom,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

• Are you using Microsoft account or local account for logging in the computer?
    I suggest you to follow steps from the below article “What to do if you forget your Windows password” and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-10

You may also refer to the below article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/account-reset-password-forgot-faq

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 21, 2019
  4. SIGN-IN (FORGOT PASSWORD)

password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Sep 21, 2019
Thema:

SIGN-IN (FORGOT PASSWORD)

1. SIGN-IN (FORGOT PASSWORD) - Similar Threads - SIGN FORGOT PASSWORD

2. forgot password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    forgot password: Hi,I forgot the password and the email id through which my microsoft account was created.Is there any way I can retrieve account details by laptop serial number? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-password/e8f86c57-ce31-45e3-8e21-32808d9f49d0
  3. Win 11 Sign In - Forgot Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 Sign In - Forgot Password: I purchased a Dell 3120 as an offer thru Comcast. I put in a password and played around with the touch pad trying to get a little familiar with the Win 11 Home OS. A touch pad is something I'd never used. I was opening up links when I was simply trying to move the pointer. I...
  4. Win 11 Sign In - Forgot Password

Win 11 Sign In - Forgot Password: I purchased a Dell 3120 as an offer thru Comcast. I put in a password and played around with the touch pad trying to get a little familiar with the Win 11 Home OS. A touch pad is something I'd never used. I was opening up links when I was simply trying to move the pointer. I...
  5. Forgot Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot Password: Hello Everyone,I completely forgot my password to log into my Windows 10 Dell laptop. I did try to reset the password from the login screen, and it said password was reset successfully. However, I still cannot log in with my new password, which is the same as my live.com...
  6. Forgot Password

Forgot Password: Hello Everyone,I completely forgot my password to log into my Windows 10 Dell laptop. I did try to reset the password from the login screen, and it said password was reset successfully. However, I still cannot log in with my new password, which is the same as my live.com...
  7. Forgot password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot password: So I have a Dell Vostro laptop and i have seem to forgot my windows login pin for my laptop and i can't reset it because it says you have tried to many incorrect pins try again later and i wait and than it never says forgot pin i need some help on this. Thanks...
  8. Forgot Password. Cannot sign in with PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgot Password. Cannot sign in with PIN: so when I shut down my laptop, I came back to it and tried to login with my pin. it says "your password has been changed on a different device. you must sign in to this device once your with your new password, and then you can sign in with your pin.To reset my password, i...
  9. Forgot password and no picture sign in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgot password and no picture sign in: I have a picture sign in option and I always log in using the picture up until I forgot my password (my bad). Last night my power was out and computer shut down. when I try to log in, the picture sign in is not an option, how do i make it an option?...
  10. Trouble signing into Windows 10 - Forgot password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Trouble signing into Windows 10 - Forgot password: I am having trouble signing into Windows 10. A few days ago I noticed the system was running slow so I did a reset of Windows 10. When everything was ready to setup again, I set up my user account with my usual password, however, when asked if I wanted to link to my Microsoft...