Windows 10: Sign in from different computer

Discus and support Sign in from different computer in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Not sure if allowed. If this post needs clarification I will add edits. So I have a new laptop that I spilled some hot liquid on and now it won't turn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MisakaMikotoxKuroko, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Sign in from different computer

Not sure if allowed. If this post needs clarification I will add edits.

So I have a new laptop that I spilled some hot liquid on and now it won't turn on (didn't use rice, no hairdryer, definitely removed power and didn't do anything else to it. Have tech coming tomorrow to check it out), and I have another one as a back up in the meanwhile.

How do I add the original account onto the backup's Windows 10? And would I be able to access the documents of new laptop.

Two different Microsoft accounts. Because the new laptop was set up independent of the older one, I'm not sure if they even have the same network, if that's at all relevant.

TIA

submitted by /u/MisakaMikotoxKuroko
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MisakaMikotoxKuroko, Dec 3, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 3, 2020
  3. dacrone Win User
    different lock screen and sign in screen?

Step 2b is labeled as Change the Login Screen Image, but the steps show you how to change the Lock Screen image. Step 2a is irrelevant. It only tells you how to change the desktop background.

What I want to do:
    Set Spotlight as the LOCK Screen Image(s) - Done
    Set the Win 10 Hero Image as the SIGN IN Screen Image - This is the one that shows after you click on the lock screen and you are able to type your password. If I uncheck "Show Lock Screen Image on Sign In Screen", it shows a solid blue background behind my Password box and user image. This is what I want to change to the Hero Image....

dacrone, Dec 3, 2020
  4. Sign in from different computer

App Store sign-in error, 0xD000000D

Hi Suzanne,

There's a possibility that you are currently signed in on your computer using your local account. For us to sort this out, we suggest that you sign in with your Microsoft account instead. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings > Accounts > Your email and accounts.
    • Select Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Once signed in with your Microsoft account on your computer, try signing into the Windows Store app.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

Sign in from different computer

1. Sign in from different computer - Similar Threads - Sign different computer

2. Restore computer from a backup for a different computer on a different Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore computer from a backup for a different computer on a different Microsoft account: I have recently purchased a new computer as my old one had been a write-off, but this new computer has a different Microsoft account attached to it. I am able to access both accounts, however I am unable to access the first computer, and the second is currently in setup. How...
  3. Restore computer from a backup for a different computer on a different Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore computer from a backup for a different computer on a different Microsoft account: I have recently purchased a new computer as my old one had been a write-off, but this new computer has a different Microsoft account attached to it. I am able to access both accounts, however I am unable to access the first computer, and the second is currently in setup. How...
  4. Sign in's for user from different state

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign in's for user from different state: One of our client's user accounts is getting sign in logs every so often from a different state across the country.The sign in is showing with all the same details as his Azure Ad Joined autopilot laptopDevice ID is the same - using Windows Hello, there is no pattern for the...
  5. Sign in's for user from different state

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in's for user from different state: One of our client's user accounts is getting sign in logs every so often from a different state across the country.The sign in is showing with all the same details as his Azure Ad Joined autopilot laptopDevice ID is the same - using Windows Hello, there is no pattern for the...
  6. Why is the path to a network directory different from different computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is the path to a network directory different from different computers: I have my directory on a network drive. When I log in from different computers the path to it is different. On some it's //nas540/user directories/martin on some it's//nas540/user directories/recycle/martin. Any idea what's going on?...
  7. Why is the path to a network directory different from different computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the path to a network directory different from different computers: I have my directory on a network drive. When I log in from different computers the path to it is different. On some it's //nas540/user directories/martin on some it's//nas540/user directories/recycle/martin. Any idea what's going on?...
  8. Sign On with local account on 3 different home computers and 2 different passwords

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sign On with local account on 3 different home computers and 2 different passwords: I just purchased and set up a new Dell All In One W10 home unit and it "required" me i.e. it seemed I had no choice in the matter to enter anumerical PIN to sign on which I did. Previously, I have set up two different laptops with analpha password with no problems....
  9. Would like to sign in with the in a different computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Would like to sign in with the in a different computers: Got a used computer would like to sign in on the computers it has windows 10 on it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/would-like-to-sign-in-with-the-in-a-different/deec401f-4782-472c-bfff-2897df7e8ac6
  10. Desktop appears from different signed-in account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Desktop appears from different signed-in account: I noticed after a Windows 10 repair install that the desktop that appears isn't the desktop from the user account with which I'm signed in. In fact, that user account is no longer listed in user accounts, but its files still appear in C:\[my computer name]\Users. How do I get...