Windows 10: sign in lock

Discus and support sign in lock in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; how can i make my laptop lock only when it sleeps but not when the screen turns off... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by danielfarhat, Jun 11, 2019.

1. sign in lock

how can i make my laptop lock only when it sleeps but not when the screen turns off

:)

danielfarhat, Jun 11, 2019
  2. dacrone Win User

different lock screen and sign in screen?

Step 2b is labeled as Change the Login Screen Image, but the steps show you how to change the Lock Screen image. Step 2a is irrelevant. It only tells you how to change the desktop background.

What I want to do:
    Set Spotlight as the LOCK Screen Image(s) - Done
    Set the Win 10 Hero Image as the SIGN IN Screen Image - This is the one that shows after you click on the lock screen and you are able to type your password. If I uncheck "Show Lock Screen Image on Sign In Screen", it shows a solid blue background behind my Password box and user image. This is what I want to change to the Hero Image....

dacrone, Jun 11, 2019
  3. rmanasa Win User
    Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Jun 11, 2019
  4. sign in lock

Windows 10 spotlight lock screen wallpaper is not present in sign in screen. Plz. Let me know the remedy

Hi,

It's possible that the option to show a background picture on your sign-in screen is disabled that's why
    Windows Spotlight is not showing there. To provide the best solution to the issue, we'd like to isolate it first by asking a few questions:

• Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far?
    • Which Windows 10 version and build is currently installed on your computer? To check, click the
      Start > Settings > System >
      About

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps below to enable the background picture on your sign-in screen:

• Click Start > Settings.
    • Go to Personalization > Lock Screen.
    • Enable the option under Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen.

We look forward to your response.

Angela Pun, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

sign in lock

1. sign in lock - Similar Threads - sign lock

2. Windows 10 lock/sign in screen blury since upgrade to 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 lock/sign in screen blury since upgrade to 1903: All 4 of my Windows 10 computers have been just upgraded to version 1903. Since the upgrade all 4 show a blurry background image on the lock/sign in screen. Is this a bug?...
  3. Locking PC Then Sign In causes windows to all be moved off second monitor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Locking PC Then Sign In causes windows to all be moved off second monitor: Earlier this week a Windows Update has caused my desktop to behave odd. Before running updates it behaved as expected. If I lock my pc via [Windows Key] - L and let my pc sit for a few minutes and sign back in, all the windows are moved, rearranged and resized to the left...
  4. how do i fix lock scxreen so i dont have to sign in?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do i fix lock scxreen so i dont have to sign in?: how do i fix lock scxreen so i dont have to sign in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-lock-scxreen-so-i-dont-have-to-sign/bca012fe-4e5e-4c1b-a58c-5b5d17727470"
  5. Lock Screen offers 2 boxes for Signing In

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock Screen offers 2 boxes for Signing In: Hi I received help from Microsoft enabling me to Sign In. I am not unduly worried that it takes longer to process my password but what concerns me is the option to Log In from a choice of two Signing In boxes. One has a picture from my computer library and that works ok,...
  6. windows 10 laptop not able to move from lock screen to sign in screen

windows 10 laptop not able to move from lock screen to sign in screen: Hey there, I have a HP laptop with Windows 10 and I would like to turn off the lock screen. The lock screen has become a royal pain in the neck, when I turn on the laptop and try to move from the lock screen to the sign in screen, it will either be very slow or not move on...
  7. Windows 10 Signs out user when locking the screen

Windows 10 Signs out user when locking the screen: Several users have noticed that when they lock their computers, when they come back and unlock them, it's signing the user back in. It seems when the user locks the screen the user also gets signed out of their pc account, when they return to unlock the screen, its like...
  8. Computer freezes at the lock sreen, no date or time displayed, sign in box not displayed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer freezes at the lock sreen, no date or time displayed, sign in box not displayed: Computer freezes at the lock sreen, no date or time displayed, sign in box not displayed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-freezes-at-the-lock-sreen-no-date-or-time/e2d97fa0-a8bc-46c0-b879-0ceddc646e9c
  9. Enabling the "show background image on sign-in" sets a grey background on my lock screen

Enabling the "show background image on sign-in" sets a grey background on my lock screen: As the title says. I've tried many workarounds that have been posted, powershell etc. but none worked. Here is an image. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enabling-the-show-background-image-on-sign-in-sets/0cefff04-cfc3-4487-a358-b5867f8d70b7
  10. Lock Screen and Sign-in Background not changing

Lock Screen and Sign-in Background not changing: Hi, I will try to explain the problem precisely I have the "Show lock-screen background picture on the sign-in screen" enabled, and they have the same background which is good, but the problem is I can't change the background, I have set the "Background" setting to...