Windows 10: sign-in name can't be changed

Discus and support sign-in name can't be changed in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I'm so confused cuz I can't change the sign-in name ;_; The name on account info(administrator) is different from the sign-in one. I wanna change the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Yan0v0, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Yan0v0 Win User

sign-in name can't be changed

I'm so confused cuz I can't change the sign-in name ;_; The name on account info(administrator) is different from the sign-in one. I wanna change the sign-in one. Please help me ;_; Thank you soooooo much!!

sign-in name can't be changed 2524ab86-4e68-49b8-b9af-643ec66f1390?upload=true.jpg

sign-in name can't be changed [​IMG]

:)

Yan0v0, Dec 17, 2019
  2. Naresh_K Win User

Sign-in name change

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft community forum.

Please note that the Sign-in name will be the same that on your Microsoft Account. So if you want to change the name, you will need to
    sign in to your account and then click on
    Your Info to edit the name. Once you are able to see the changes on Microsoft account, you should be able to see the same on
    Windows. If you are still not able to view the changes, then you can follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Run dialog (by pressing Windows key + R).
    2. Then type: Netplwiz. This will open the
      User Accounts window.
    3. Select the User account and then click on Properties.
    4. Now change the name and click on Apply & then
      Okay.
    5. Then sign out of the user account and sign in back or simply restart your device. You should be able to view the changes.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Dec 17, 2019
  3. How to change name on Sign-in screen

Hi Lynn,

The steps to change your name that appears on your sign-in screen depend on the type of the user account that you're using. If you're using a Microsoft account, here are the steps to change your name:

• Press Windows logo key + I
      buttons on your keyboard to open the Settings app.
    • Select Accounts > Your email and accounts.
    • Click the Manage my Microsoft Account link to open the web browser.
    • Click the Edit name link on the main page.
    • Change your name, then hit OK.

To change or edit your name for your local account, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click Start, then choose Control Panel.
    • Click User Accounts twice.
    • Select the account, then click Change the account name.

Update us if it addressed your concern.

Angela Pun, Dec 17, 2019
  4. sign-in name can't be changed

name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

sign-in name can't be changed

1. sign-in name can't be changed - Similar Threads - sign name can't

2. change the sign in name on my HP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change the sign in name on my HP: How do I change the sign in name on my HP, the wrong email was put on the screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-sign-in-name-on-my-hp/6fc1ba57-8eaa-42ec-be3a-a8f49bcca439
  3. change the sign in name on my HP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    change the sign in name on my HP: How do I change the sign in name on my HP, the wrong email was put on the screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-sign-in-name-on-my-hp/6fc1ba57-8eaa-42ec-be3a-a8f49bcca439
  4. Change administrator sign-in name

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change administrator sign-in name: I got married and want to change my log-in surname. After several attempts I am still stucked with my maiden name. Please help. I am using windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-administrator-sign-in-name/4cbe0aac-a317-4f1f-b5f1-7fce71faa8d8
  5. Signing in--Can't Use My Name

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Signing in--Can't Use My Name: I set up Windows 10 for the second time, and something is wrong! When I try to sign in, it will not accept the name I used for signing in, nor the password. Fortunately, I already had a MS account and remembered the password, so I can sign in that way. But when I sign it,...
  6. Change name of Microsoft account in sign-in screen

Change name of Microsoft account in sign-in screen: Hello, How can I change the name of Microsoft account in sign-in page to another name? In fact, we use Microsoft account for sign-in but another name show in public sign-in page. Thanks...
  7. Sign-in name change

Sign-in name change: Hi- I'm trying to change my sign in name. My account name states it as what I want it to be, but the change isn't reflecting when I sign into my computer. I tried restarting the computer my it still says my old name!...
  8. changing name on sign in screen

changing name on sign in screen: I bought a used computer from pawn shop when I plugged in sign in screen came up with what I believe must be old user is it possible to remove name and install my name so I can use?...
  9. change name on sign in window

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    change name on sign in window: How do I change name on sign in window https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-name-on-sign-in-window/ee585bb8-2f4e-4c41-98cc-6a224b9a8b03"
  10. Can't change User name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't change User name: After I installed Windows 10, I created a Microsoft online account to see what it was like. During the process, it changed the name on my local Windows 10 user account. I used Control Panel to go to Users, but there seemed to be no way to change the name back to the original....