Windows 10: Sign-in name change

Discus and support Sign-in name change in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi- I'm trying to change my sign in name. My account name states it as what I want it to be, but the change isn't reflecting when I sign into my... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JRossAdmin, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Sign-in name change

Hi- I'm trying to change my sign in name. My account name states it as what I want it to be, but the change isn't reflecting when I sign into my computer. I tried restarting the computer my it still says my old name!

:)

JRossAdmin, Apr 27, 2019

2. How to change name on Sign-in screen

Hi Lynn,

The steps to change your name that appears on your sign-in screen depend on the type of the user account that you're using. If you're using a Microsoft account, here are the steps to change your name:

• Press Windows logo key + I
      buttons on your keyboard to open the Settings app.
    • Select Accounts > Your email and accounts.
    • Click the Manage my Microsoft Account link to open the web browser.
    • Click the Edit name link on the main page.
    • Change your name, then hit OK.

To change or edit your name for your local account, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click Start, then choose Control Panel.
    • Click User Accounts twice.
    • Select the account, then click Change the account name.

Update us if it addressed your concern.

Angela Pun, Apr 27, 2019
  3. name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, Apr 27, 2019
  4. Kreij Win User

Sign-in name change

name changes??

How about TPU_Moms_Rule.

Just a suggestion *Smile Sign-in name change :)

I agree with most people. Mod assisted name changes only.

Kreij, Apr 27, 2019
Thema:

Sign-in name change

1. Sign-in name change - Similar Threads - Sign name change

2. change the sign in name on my HP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change the sign in name on my HP: How do I change the sign in name on my HP, the wrong email was put on the screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-sign-in-name-on-my-hp/6fc1ba57-8eaa-42ec-be3a-a8f49bcca439
  3. change the sign in name on my HP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    change the sign in name on my HP: How do I change the sign in name on my HP, the wrong email was put on the screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-sign-in-name-on-my-hp/6fc1ba57-8eaa-42ec-be3a-a8f49bcca439
  4. sign in name

in Windows 10 Customization
    sign in name: how to I change the name from owner to my name on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-name/661fcf45-30cd-46bd-8c9f-6d7449980f80
  5. Change administrator sign-in name

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change administrator sign-in name: I got married and want to change my log-in surname. After several attempts I am still stucked with my maiden name. Please help. I am using windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-administrator-sign-in-name/4cbe0aac-a317-4f1f-b5f1-7fce71faa8d8
  6. sign-in name can't be changed

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    sign-in name can't be changed: I'm so confused cuz I can't change the sign-in name ;_; The name on account info(administrator) is different from the sign-in one. I wanna change the sign-in one. Please help me ;_; Thank you soooooo much!! [ATTACH] [IMG]...
  7. Change name of Microsoft account in sign-in screen

Change name of Microsoft account in sign-in screen: Hello, How can I change the name of Microsoft account in sign-in page to another name? In fact, we use Microsoft account for sign-in but another name show in public sign-in page. Thanks...
  8. changing name on sign in screen

changing name on sign in screen: I bought a used computer from pawn shop when I plugged in sign in screen came up with what I believe must be old user is it possible to remove name and install my name so I can use?...
  9. change name on sign in window

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    change name on sign in window: How do I change name on sign in window https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-name-on-sign-in-window/ee585bb8-2f4e-4c41-98cc-6a224b9a8b03"
  10. Two sign in names.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Two sign in names.: When starting windows goes to the sign in page, somehow I now have two names there (both mine) one with my e-mail which is the correct one the other just my name. In user accounts there is only my correct one I did uncheck the box so as not having to sign in but still need...