Windows 10: sign in name

Discus and support sign in name in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how to I change the name from owner to my name on my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mike Cicale, Jan 20, 2021.

1. sign in name

how to I change the name from owner to my name on my computer

:)

Mike Cicale, Jan 20, 2021

2. How to change name on Sign-in screen

Hi Lynn,

The steps to change your name that appears on your sign-in screen depend on the type of the user account that you're using. If you're using a Microsoft account, here are the steps to change your name:

• Press Windows logo key + I
      buttons on your keyboard to open the Settings app.
    • Select Accounts > Your email and accounts.
    • Click the Manage my Microsoft Account link to open the web browser.
    • Click the Edit name link on the main page.
    • Change your name, then hit OK.

To change or edit your name for your local account, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click Start, then choose Control Panel.
    • Click User Accounts twice.
    • Select the account, then click Change the account name.

Update us if it addressed your concern.

Angela Pun, Jan 20, 2021
  3. Naresh_K Win User
    Sign-in name change

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft community forum.

Please note that the Sign-in name will be the same that on your Microsoft Account. So if you want to change the name, you will need to
    sign in to your account and then click on
    Your Info to edit the name. Once you are able to see the changes on Microsoft account, you should be able to see the same on
    Windows. If you are still not able to view the changes, then you can follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Run dialog (by pressing Windows key + R).
    2. Then type: Netplwiz. This will open the
      User Accounts window.
    3. Select the User account and then click on Properties.
    4. Now change the name and click on Apply & then
      Okay.
    5. Then sign out of the user account and sign in back or simply restart your device. You should be able to view the changes.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Jan 20, 2021
  4. sign in name

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

sign in name

1. sign in name - Similar Threads - sign name

2. Signed into new device with my Microsoft account, still has old device name but my email...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Signed into new device with my Microsoft account, still has old device name but my email...: Hello,I recently purchased a Asus Rog Ally second hand, it was signed into another Microsoft account in windows 11, so I logged out and proceeded to sign into my own account. Once signed into my own account, it had my name showing in the top left image and descriptor of my...
  3. Signed into new device with my Microsoft account, still has old device name but my email...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Signed into new device with my Microsoft account, still has old device name but my email...: Hello,I recently purchased a Asus Rog Ally second hand, it was signed into another Microsoft account in windows 11, so I logged out and proceeded to sign into my own account. Once signed into my own account, it had my name showing in the top left image and descriptor of my...
  4. Sudoku not letting me sign in under name just guest.

Sudoku not letting me sign in under name just guest.: I still can't sign into Microsoft sudoku and I sent a problem request almost 2 weeks ago. I'm signed into Microsoft acct, signed into Xbox and still it only comes up as a guest and will not sign me in under my gaming name Cameragirl52. My internet is good, I can get...
  5. Sudoku not letting me sign in under name just guest.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudoku not letting me sign in under name just guest.: I still can't sign into Microsoft sudoku and I sent a problem request almost 2 weeks ago. I'm signed into Microsoft acct, signed into Xbox and still it only comes up as a guest and will not sign me in under my gaming name Cameragirl52. My internet is good, I can get...
  6. Other User Account names not displaying on Login Screen in Windows 10 and i cannot sign in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Other User Account names not displaying on Login Screen in Windows 10 and i cannot sign in...: Other User Account names not displaying on Login Screen in Windows 10 and i cannot sign in to admin account and then user profile service fail to login...
  7. Other User Account names not displaying on Login Screen in Windows 10 and i cannot sign in...

Other User Account names not displaying on Login Screen in Windows 10 and i cannot sign in...: Other User Account names not displaying on Login Screen in Windows 10 and i cannot sign in to admin account and then user profile service fail to login...
  8. Other User Account names not displaying on Login Screen in Windows 10 and i cannot sign in...

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. How can I suppress my sign in name only - not others from the Windows 11 sign in screen...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I suppress my sign in name only - not others from the Windows 11 sign in screen...: I can't figure this out - I am sure you used to be able to do it.My account is local - but we have a policy that in general users can't have their own sign in yes, I know no shared sign ins and all that - but it's a very un-technical volunteer organisation. I do have a sign...
  10. How can I suppress my sign in name only - not others from the Windows 11 sign in screen...

How can I suppress my sign in name only - not others from the Windows 11 sign in screen...: I can't figure this out - I am sure you used to be able to do it.My account is local - but we have a policy that in general users can't have their own sign in yes, I know no shared sign ins and all that - but it's a very un-technical volunteer organisation. I do have a sign...