Windows 10: sign in on another device

Discus and support sign in on another device in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Yesterday (6/26/19) I got a notice there was a problem with my account and took me to setting where it had a button that said fix it so I hit that and... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Grama-2-3, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Grama-2-3 Win User

sign in on another device

Yesterday (6/26/19) I got a notice there was a problem with my account and took me to setting where it had a button that said fix it so I hit that and now I can not sign in on my other device. How do I fix this?

:)

Grama-2-3, Jun 29, 2019
  2. Teokute Win User

Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. sign in on another device :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, Jun 29, 2019
  3. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Jun 29, 2019
  4. sign in on another device

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 29, 2019
Thema:

sign in on another device

1. sign in on another device - Similar Threads - sign another device

2. Can't sign in on another device through Windows Hello PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't sign in on another device through Windows Hello PIN: The only option I can click is "Cancel" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-sign-in-on-another-device-through-windows/c04d041d-083c-461f-a8c0-2e0c5988ac85
  3. Can't sign in on another device through Windows Hello PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign in on another device through Windows Hello PIN: The only option I can click is "Cancel" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-sign-in-on-another-device-through-windows/c04d041d-083c-461f-a8c0-2e0c5988ac85
  4. Can't sign in on another device through Windows Hello PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Purchased Minecraft on another device but unable to download it on another device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Purchased Minecraft on another device but unable to download it on another device.: Hi everyone, I purchased Minecraft Window 10 on my brothers PC using my Microsoft account and I would like to download Minecraft on my laptop but when I go to download I have to buy it again. Is there anyway where I can download it on my laptop or will I have to buy it again?...
  6. Windows hello pin won't let me sign in on another device

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows hello pin won't let me sign in on another device: I have been trying to sign into another device for some time now, every time it asks for my PIN it says it is incorrect, but when I put in my PIN on my main computer it works. I have tried changing the PIN and removing it but it still asks for it and still says it is...
  7. Yet another unsuccessful sign-in from another country

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Yet another unsuccessful sign-in from another country: Hello. About two weeks ago, I posted about this same issue; that someone had tried to sign in from another country. I just checked my sign-in history and I see that someone tried to do it again two days ago. In that other thread, someone very helpfully told me that because...
  8. Can’t sign into another account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t sign into another account: Hi I would really love some help on this because I went through 3 Microsoft support employees who were completely useless. My issue is that my brother got a pc yesterday, I wanted to make another user so I could have one as well and when I add my email it says that it needs...
  9. Projecting to another device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Projecting to another device: When projecting from my PC (running Windows 10) to a digital TV via an HDMI cable, the image on the TV is not full size and I lose a small margin of the image, so about 97% coverage. If I change to duplicate the image projected on the TV is complete but much smaller, around...
  10. Change W10 Sign-in PIN from another device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change W10 Sign-in PIN from another device: Why I need to do this is a long story, but i do need to do it. How? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/change-w10-sign-in-pin-from-another-device/6b7a1ae0-9bcc-49ef-8002-a6c5a9ea8fd2"