Windows 10: Sign in on boot

Discus and support Sign in on boot in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Lost HD so recovered data onto new HD using HP recovery dataAfter I boot the sign on option comes up as "Other". That was set up 10 years ago. I have... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by beauchamp43, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Sign in on boot

Lost HD so recovered data onto new HD using HP recovery dataAfter I boot the sign on option comes up as "Other". That was set up 10 years ago. I have no idea.How can I get it to allow me sign in using the primary user? I have selected option using email but that doesn't work.Thanks.

:)

beauchamp43, Jun 14, 2021
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jun 14, 2021
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jun 14, 2021
  4. Sign in on boot

password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Jun 14, 2021
Thema:

Sign in on boot

1. Sign in on boot - Similar Threads - Sign boot

2. Can’t sign into windows after attempted clean boot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t sign into windows after attempted clean boot.: My computer kept blue screening so I attempted a clean boot, but I think I accidentally disabled the wrong programs. Now my start screen just says “Something happened and your pin isn’t available. Click to reset your pin” but it wont let me reset it. And its giving me an...
  3. Can’t sign into windows after attempted clean boot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t sign into windows after attempted clean boot.: My computer kept blue screening so I attempted a clean boot, but I think I accidentally disabled the wrong programs. Now my start screen just says “Something happened and your pin isn’t available. Click to reset your pin” but it wont let me reset it. And its giving me an...
  4. User Profile service failed the sign in - dual boot system

User Profile service failed the sign in - dual boot system: I have two boots for Windows 10 all with the latest updates as of last week. Work Boot and Gamer Boot.My Gamer boot has stopped working with the User Profile Service Failed The Sign In message followed by User Profile Cannot Be Loaded.Safe Mode boots to the same issue. I am...
  5. User Profile service failed the sign in - dual boot system

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User Profile service failed the sign in - dual boot system: I have two boots for Windows 10 all with the latest updates as of last week. Work Boot and Gamer Boot.My Gamer boot has stopped working with the User Profile Service Failed The Sign In message followed by User Profile Cannot Be Loaded.Safe Mode boots to the same issue. I am...
  6. User Profile service failed the sign in - dual boot system

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Keep getting "The user profile service service failed the sign-in" when booting up Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep getting "The user profile service service failed the sign-in" when booting up Windows...: Every time I boot up Windows 11 Pro, I get the "The user profile service service failed the sign-in" error and I have to restart my laptop. After the restart it works fine and I can log in with my work account.If I start the laptop from sleep or hibernate, it also works fine...
  8. Keep getting "The user profile service service failed the sign-in" when booting up Windows...

Keep getting "The user profile service service failed the sign-in" when booting up Windows...: Every time I boot up Windows 11 Pro, I get the "The user profile service service failed the sign-in" error and I have to restart my laptop. After the restart it works fine and I can log in with my work account.If I start the laptop from sleep or hibernate, it also works fine...
  9. Laptop keeps tripping off once i lift it off the desk and wont boot again or show any sign...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keeps tripping off once i lift it off the desk and wont boot again or show any sign...: I use a Hp Elitebook 8 gig RAM 500 gig SSD. Sometimes when I lift up my laptop, it will go dead completely and wont come on again.All the indicator lights will go off and won't show anything until I have to detach the battery and connect it again of plug the charger then it...
  10. Laptop keeps tripping off once i lift it off the desk and wont boot again or show any sign...

Laptop keeps tripping off once i lift it off the desk and wont boot again or show any sign...: I use a Hp Elitebook 8 gig RAM 500 gig SSD. Sometimes when I lift up my laptop, it will go dead completely and wont come on again.All the indicator lights will go off and won't show anything until I have to detach the battery and connect it again of plug the charger then it...