Windows 10: Sign in on boot

Discus and support Sign in on boot in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Lost HD so recovered data onto new HD using HP recovery dataAfter I boot the sign on option comes up as "Other". That was set up 10 years ago. I have... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by beauchamp43, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Sign in on boot

Lost HD so recovered data onto new HD using HP recovery dataAfter I boot the sign on option comes up as "Other". That was set up 10 years ago. I have no idea.How can I get it to allow me sign in using the primary user? I have selected option using email but that doesn't work.Thanks.

:)

beauchamp43, Jun 14, 2021
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jun 14, 2021
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jun 14, 2021
  4. Sign in on boot

password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Jun 14, 2021
Thema:

Sign in on boot

1. Sign in on boot - Similar Threads - Sign boot

2. How to remove sign-in on my Hello screen when I boot up my computer.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove sign-in on my Hello screen when I boot up my computer.: Hi, I can't seem to get rid of the sign-in screen on my computer when I first start it up in the morning. I used to have a pin but I got rid of that and the computer just started up which was great, exactly what I want. Now all of a sudden the computer has changed to a...
  3. a Boot Configurations sign.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    a Boot Configurations sign.: I opened up my PC in the last couple of days and it looks like it’s going to Get Windows then it flashes and says a Boot Configurations are not there or they’re are errorsThis is a first for me Any help would be greatly appreciated...
  4. Windows 10 WHQL, Secure Boot and Driver Signing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 WHQL, Secure Boot and Driver Signing: Hi I've been running my PC without Secure Boot enabled now for some time, maybe years, without any problems. However, I've been looking into what Secure Boot does and now want to enable it. Snag is that to do that I have to enable Windows 10 WHQL which looks to see if all...
  5. Black screen with cursor, task manager not working, safemode boot no working and can't sign...

Black screen with cursor, task manager not working, safemode boot no working and can't sign...: I do not have access to a USB drive at the moment.Problem: Windows boots to a black screen with only a cursor. Win +P shows the screen menu.Cause: seemingly nothing, the night before it worked fine and unless it updated while it was booting in the morning I do not think a...
  6. Installation failed with error code 52 when secure boot was on after signing EV-CODE. Windows10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installation failed with error code 52 when secure boot was on after signing EV-CODE. Windows10: Q1. How shall I do to install the driver without code52 on secure boot?Q2. How should I do to install the driver on pc can't be updated windows10?Thank you....
  7. Computer stuck in infinite booting loop. When I manage to sign in, there's a black screen,

Computer stuck in infinite booting loop. When I manage to sign in, there's a black screen,: My PC's been stuck in an endless booting loop for the past day. Restarted it, went into the BIOS menu to see if there was an issue with the boot priority, and, well, I couldn't do much else. This happened after I rearranged the cables on my surge protector while the PC was...
  8. How to disable Hello Accounts - Sign in Options - Windows Hello PIN on booting and...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to disable Hello Accounts - Sign in Options - Windows Hello PIN on booting and...: After the April update, windows10 is asking to set up Hello PIN when computer gets locked up.Hell PIN has gotten after me and can't be tackled using old solutions.Please provide solution to do away the hell pin permanently....
  9. How to enable automatic sign in without turning on fast boot?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to enable automatic sign in without turning on fast boot?: this is a small question, I have a desktop , with only my account (microsoft account) that always prompts me for my pin or password when I turn on the PC. Now I remember that before I disabled fast boot, the moment I turned on my pc, my account was already logging in (all...
  10. Sometimes when I boot my PC up it won't let me sign in and I have to restart PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sometimes when I boot my PC up it won't let me sign in and I have to restart PC: I turn on my PC and it shows me the login background picture. Usually, I click on the screen and the picture goes blurry and the prompt for my password appears. I type it in and windows 10 loads up. Sometimes, when I click the screen, the picture goes blurry like usual but...