Windows 10: Sign In Option Completely Disabled, Stating Group Policy Updates and Everything Greyed Out

Discus and support Sign In Option Completely Disabled, Stating Group Policy Updates and Everything Greyed Out in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am utilizing a Surface machine with Windows 10. This morning everything was working fine and I could sign in using my fingerprint. This afternoon I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TigrisSky, Aug 19, 2019.

1. TigrisSky Win User

Sign In Option Completely Disabled, Stating Group Policy Updates and Everything Greyed Out

I am utilizing a Surface machine with Windows 10. This morning everything was working fine and I could sign in using my fingerprint. This afternoon I got a message stating a Pin was required for login, but I do NOT have a pin setup because I disabled that requirement. So it wouldnt let me sign in. I had to reset my password before I could get in due to the screwed up login page. My fingerprint sign in wont work at all anymore and it keeps requiring a pin which I do not want. I went to Settings>Sign In options to try and set everything back as I want it and now it is displaying that "Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization." I have NO organization, this is my personal PC. The entire Settings>Sign In Options page is disabled and I cant adjust ANYTHING! Why?!? How do I enable settings on my OWN PERSONAL DEVICE?!?!?! ****?!?!?

Sign In Option Completely Disabled, Stating Group Policy Updates and Everything Greyed Out [​IMG]

:)

TigrisSky, Aug 19, 2019

2. Windows Defender Group Policy Disabeled

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

As you have stated you want to disable the group policy so that you can run windows defender on the computer.

I would like to suggest few troubleshooting steps:

Method 1: Disable group policy from gpedit.msc

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type gpedit.msc and click Ok.(it will open Local Group policy editor)

• Go to Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Windows Defender.

• In the right pane of
      Windows Defender
      in Local Group Policy Editor, double click/tap on the
      Turn off Windows Defender
      policy to edit it.

• Select (dot) Not Configured or
      Disabled, click/tap on OK,

• When finished, you can close the Local Group Policy Editor if you like.
    If the issue still persist you can follow method 2.

Method 2: Disable group policy from registry.

Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the
    article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756

• Press Window Key +R.

• Type regedit and click. (it will open registry)

• Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender

• Right Click on Window Defender to create a new Dword.

• Click on New and Select Dword.

• Type DisableAntiSpyware.

• Right click on DisableAntiSpyware and click on modify.

• Set the value to 0 instead of 1.

Hope this information is helpful. If the issue still persists, you can write back to us and we will be glad to assist you further.

Morris Subba, Aug 19, 2019
  3. After windows 10 latest update, unable to disable lock screen through group policy editor.

Hi Mehrad,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing while disabling the Lock Screen. I will certainly help you.

I appreciate your efforts in troubleshooting the issue.

Please mention the steps how exactly you have troubleshoot the issue using Group Policy Editor.

I suggest you to please follow the below mention steps in order to fix the issue:

• Press Windows logo + R keys to open the
      Run Command, and type gpedit.msc to open the
      Local Group Policy Editor
    • In the left pane of Local Group Policy Editor, go to
      Computer Configuration
      >Administrative Tools>Control Panel>Personalization.
    • Now, click on the Action on the ribbon, and select
      Filter Options
    • Check on Enable Requirements Filters, and check
      Windows 10 Operating System
      , and click Ok.
    • Click on the Do not display the lock screen policy to edit it.
    • Select Disable, and click on Ok.
    • Restart the system, and check if it helps.

Please reach back to us, if you still face difficulty in disabling the Lock Screen. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, Aug 19, 2019
  4. Sign In Option Completely Disabled, Stating Group Policy Updates and Everything Greyed Out

Group policy "Allow cortana = disabled" not working

As there seems to be some confusion among the support engineers, let me restate the problem:

I want a reliable method of disabling Cortana on every user account on the domain, that does not involve accessing each computer individually. The current group policy method of disabling Cortana is NOT 100% reliable.

We have a medium-sized network. In other words, lots of computers, and lots of user accounts.

The solution in the comment above appears to suggest disabling Cortana manually (via Cortana's interface) on an account-by-account basis. That would be extremely time-consuming, and is easily undone.

This type of situation is why Group Policies were invented. To apply rules across a group of accounts, and enforce them.

The group policy to disable Cortana is not working as intended.

Our group policy states that Cortana should be disabled on all accounts on all computers.

Cortana is quite clearly NOT disabled on all accounts on all computers.

So, I do not want to enable Cortana. I do not want to turn Cortana off manually. I want group policy (or some similar mechanism) to do what it is supposed to do. I can only surmise that something in Cortana's code causes it to ignore the disable switch under
    certain circumstances.

I hope that clarifies the problem.

Gary Muston, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

Sign In Option Completely Disabled, Stating Group Policy Updates and Everything Greyed Out

1. Sign In Option Completely Disabled, Stating Group Policy Updates and Everything Greyed Out - Similar Threads - Sign Option Completely

2. Sign-in options all greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign-in options all greyed out: G'day.Hopefully someone has seen this before. Searched for quite a bit and tried several options but unable to get Sign-in options back. User originally had login via personal Microsoft Account but when moved to Local account, issues appeared. User does have a Microsoft 365...
  3. Sign-in options all greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign-in options all greyed out: G'day.Hopefully someone has seen this before. Searched for quite a bit and tried several options but unable to get Sign-in options back. User originally had login via personal Microsoft Account but when moved to Local account, issues appeared. User does have a Microsoft 365...
  4. Require Sign-In options greyed out

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Require Sign-In options greyed out: My computer currently does not require a PIN/Password to log in when it wakes from sleep. I would like it to have this requirement. Unfortunately, the Sign-In option for "Require Sign-In" says "Never" and is greyed out so I can't change it. There is a message that says...
  5. Require Sign-In options greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Require Sign-In options greyed out: My computer currently does not require a PIN/Password to log in when it wakes from sleep. I would like it to have this requirement. Unfortunately, the Sign-In option for "Require Sign-In" says "Never" and is greyed out so I can't change it. There is a message that says...
  6. Require Sign-In options greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows Defender Options Disabled and greyed out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender Options Disabled and greyed out: [IMG] Windows Defender has for some reason disabled itself and I can't turn anything on. I don't know what happened. I had to disable it real quick in order to install an app because it kept detecting it as trojan even though it's not (it's literally just a game for...
  8. Require Sign-In options are greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Require Sign-In options are greyed out: I just purchased a new dell xps 2-1 with Windows 10 home version 1903 installed. I am going crazy having to re-sign in every time my screen turns off. When I go into my account settings under sign-in options, the drop down menu under "require sign-in" is greyed out and...
  9. Disable Group Policy

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disable Group Policy: Hi, I've tried following the community instructions to disable 'group policy' (changing DWORD 'Start' to Decimal 4), yet there's an error and I'm unable to do this ('cannot edit Start: error writing the value's new contents'). I bought my computer as a demo from Harvey...
  10. Windows update - Group Policy or Advanced options?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update - Group Policy or Advanced options?: Hello, I turn on "Download updates over metered connection" in advanced option in Windows setting and then Enabled automatic updates via Group policy. Now Which one is to apply? Download update over metered connection? or except on metered connection? [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. connect as optional greyed out group policy

2. windows group policy client does is greyed out

3. Sign-in optionsH

4. sign in options group policy,
  5. group policy client disabled greyed out