Windows 10: Sign in option is disabled

Discus and support Sign in option is disabled in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am trying to help my brother in law open windows 10 on his laptop, unfortunately he has Parkinson's and has forgotten his pin and password.The pin he... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Dolgoch, Jul 7, 2022.

1. Dolgoch Win User

Sign in option is disabled

I am trying to help my brother in law open windows 10 on his laptop, unfortunately he has Parkinson's and has forgotten his pin and password.The pin he has given me does not seem to work and comes up with the message - sign up option is disabled leave switched on for 2hrs and try again. he has obviously been trying that I assume is why I get this message.Tried after 3 hours still get the same messagePlease can you advise how to get over this problem, especially as I am not sure he has the correct password or pinHave suggested a complete reset but he does not wish to loose his stored files and

:)

Dolgoch, Jul 7, 2022

2. Best method to disable Vista/Vista 64 driver signing?

Black Ice:

It's not a matter of "try". The bcdedit command is not fully consistent and reliable for some folks.

So far, to me, it seems the third choice always locks (disables) the driver signing. If that is the case for anyone who uses it, then that would suggest it is the more reliable and consistent method of the ones I've listed, anyway.

Thanks for your feedback.

crchickadee, Jul 7, 2022
  3. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Jul 7, 2022
  4. Sign in option is disabled

Disable Sign In PIN

Hi I'm Peter an independent advisor, if you want to disable Windows 10 PIN sign in option, you can do it in this way.

Step 1: Press Windows and R key on the keyboard and enter gpedit.msc on Run open box. Then, press Enter or click the OK button to access Local Group Policy Editor.

run gpedit.msc

Step 2: In this interface, access Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Systems > Logon > Turn on PIN sign-in.

turn on PIN sign in option

Step 3: Double click Turn on PIN sign-in, and set this option to Disabled. Then click OK and Apply button. After that, the PIN sign in option is disabled.

PeterFlynn4, Jul 7, 2022
Thema:

Sign in option is disabled

1. Sign in option is disabled - Similar Threads - Sign option disabled

2. Sign in option disabled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in option disabled.: Sign in option disabled. I did not make repeated attempts to log in. I left power on for 2 hours then tried again. Received the same message. I am now locked out of my computer. Help!...
  3. This sign in option is disabled….

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This sign in option is disabled….: My son is trying to sign into his gaming computer with his PIN. His PIN is correct and he hasn’t repeatedly shut down his computer but it’s giving him the message that he needs to either leave his computer on for 2 hours and try again or find another sign in option. But it’s...
  4. 'this sign in option is disabled"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'this sign in option is disabled": My windows 10 Asus TUF a15 would not let me sign after I restarted my Pc and said "this sign in option is disabled because of failed sign in attempts or repeated shutdowns" and that I have to wait two hours to sign in. However my laptop is **** and I have to shut it down...
  5. 'this sign in option is disabled"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    'this sign in option is disabled": My windows 10 Asus TUF a15 would not let me sign after I restarted my Pc and said "this sign in option is disabled because of failed sign in attempts or repeated shutdowns" and that I have to wait two hours to sign in. However my laptop is **** and I have to shut it down...
  6. Sign in option is disabled

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign in option is disabled: I am trying to help my brother in law open windows 10 on his laptop, unfortunately he has Parkinson's and has forgotten his pin and password.The pin he has given me does not seem to work and comes up with the message - sign up option is disabled leave switched on for 2hrs and...
  7. Sign in option disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in option disabled: this singing option is disabled because of failed singh attempts for repeated shutdown use a different singh in option or keep your device power on for at least 2 hour.After two hours its not working...!...
  8. Sign in option disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign in option disabled: this singing option is disabled because of failed singh attempts for repeated shutdown use a different singh in option or keep your device power on for at least 2 hour.After two hours its not working...!...
  9. Sign in Option is disabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sign in Option is disabled: Hi, when I was logging into my Pc with my Pin then I an error message came : this sign in option is disabled try witg another sign in option or try after 2 hours. Sign in options is not showing. If it was showing I would have done with my password but sign in options are...
  10. Sign in option disabled

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign in option disabled: After an update yesterday every time I try to log into my laptop I get a message saying the pin option has been disabled because of logging in too often or something like that and I must log in as an administrator OR leave my laptop on for 2 hours, what the hell? So then I...