Windows 10: Sign in option unavailable and a forced password change

Discus and support Sign in option unavailable and a forced password change in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Earlier this week something strange happened when I tried to log into my computer as usual, It forced me to make an eight digit pin to log in and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Player Shin, Oct 22, 2021.

1. Sign in option unavailable and a forced password change

Earlier this week something strange happened when I tried to log into my computer as usual, It forced me to make an eight digit pin to log in and refused to take the "Windows Hello" pin that I had set up before. In fact, all the Windows Hello sign in options have been completely disabled, I can't set up or change it back to what it once was. All it says is "Something went wrong. Try again later." In yellow text, but I've tried several times within the week. It also under Required Sign-In says that there are some Security Policies on my personal home computer that prevent me from changing an op

:)

Player Shin, Oct 22, 2021

2. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Oct 22, 2021
  3. TinKode Win User
    How do I change my PC's sign in option from a Pin to a password?

Hello,

Follow this steps:

1. Open the search bar.
    2. Type "settings". Press Enter.
    3. Go to Accounts > Sign-in options.
    4. Select Password.
    5. Select Change.

More info >

Windows sign-in options and account protection

Best regards,

TinKode, Oct 22, 2021
  4. Sign in option unavailable and a forced password change

Password to sign in

Hi Rosa,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know whether you are using Microsoft/Local account to sign in to Windows 10.

If you are using Microsoft account to login to Windows 10, there is no option to disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password.

Step 1:

If you are using Local account to login to Windows 10, you can disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password. Follow the below steps if you use Local account.

• Press Windows + I keys to open
      settings
      menu.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Change under Change your account password.

• Enter your current password and leave the other two files for new password as empty and close the windows by clicking on
      OK button.

• Sign out and try to sign in again and check.
    Step 2:

You may also create the 4 digit PIN which will reduce your time to enter full password. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + I keys to open
      settings
      menu.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Add under PIN.

• Follow the onscreen instructions to create Pin.

• Sign out and try to sign in again using PIN as your Sign in option.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Oct 22, 2021
Thema:

Sign in option unavailable and a forced password change

1. Sign in option unavailable and a forced password change - Similar Threads - Sign option unavailable

2. Sign in options unavailable?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign in options unavailable?: I went into my sign-in options in settings and found that under facial recognition, fingerprint recognition, and pin it says "this option is currently unavailable." Underneath there is an exclamation mark with "something went wrong. Try again later." Also all the options to...
  3. Sign in options unavailable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in options unavailable?: I went into my sign-in options in settings and found that under facial recognition, fingerprint recognition, and pin it says "this option is currently unavailable." Underneath there is an exclamation mark with "something went wrong. Try again later." Also all the options to...
  4. Sign in Options are unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in Options are unavailable: For a few months now I have been unable to use any sign-in option other than facial recognition and my pin. At first, it didn't bother me because I didn't really need any other option but now I can't use my biometric scan and I can't change my pin if I want to. I am currently...
  5. Sign in Options are unavailable

Sign in Options are unavailable: For a few months now I have been unable to use any sign-in option other than facial recognition and my pin. At first, it didn't bother me because I didn't really need any other option but now I can't use my biometric scan and I can't change my pin if I want to. I am currently...
  6. Unavailable sign-in options

Unavailable sign-in options: Is there any way to fix these unavailable sign-in options like Facial Recognition, Fingerprint Recognition and PIN? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unavailable-sign-in-options/3ca88f0d-6d92-47de-86d0-61374835937e
  7. Sign in option unavailable and a forced password change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in option unavailable and a forced password change: Earlier this week something strange happened when I tried to log into my computer as usual, It forced me to make an eight digit pin to log in and refused to take the "Windows Hello" pin that I had set up before. In fact, all the Windows Hello sign in options have been...
  8. Sign in option unavailable and a forced password change

Sign in option unavailable and a forced password change: Earlier this week something strange happened when I tried to log into my computer as usual, It forced me to make an eight digit pin to log in and refused to take the "Windows Hello" pin that I had set up before. In fact, all the Windows Hello sign in options have been...
  9. Sign in options unavailable

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sign in options unavailable: HelloI am trying to change my PIN but when I go to sign in options it says Windows Hello Pin feature I currently unavailable. Right now I am using Windows Hello Face to log in, which I just started doing a couple months ago. I have followed all the how to instructions that I...
  10. Unavailable sign in options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unavailable sign in options: This screenshot shows that I am unavailable to change my sign in settings and add fingerprints and change my pin. This seems odd since I was able to change these just yesterday. Please help...