Windows 10: Sign in option

Discus and support Sign in option in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have set up facial recognition, pin and pictures. If I only want to use the face recognition, must I remove all the other means to make it work as it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NgocB, Jun 29, 2019.

1. NgocB Win User

Sign in option

I have set up facial recognition, pin and pictures. If I only want to use the face recognition, must I remove all the other means to make it work as it is requiring me to do the face recognition as well as the pin

:)

NgocB, Jun 29, 2019

2. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Jun 29, 2019
  3. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 29, 2019
  4. Sign in option

signing into microsoft account

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to us. We apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Accounts.
    • In the left pane, click on sign-in options.
    • In the right pane select Never from the drop down list for the option
      Require sign-in.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 29, 2019
Thema:

Sign in option

1. Sign in option - Similar Threads - Sign option

2. Windows 11, forgot pin and can't use other sign in options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, forgot pin and can't use other sign in options: I tried logging in with my fingerprint but some reason it didn't work and then said needs pin to sign in, I can't log in to my laptop at all, I forgot my pin and I unfortunately don't have my pin with me to type it out I usually have my passwords and pins written down...
  3. Windows 11, forgot pin and can't use other sign in options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11, forgot pin and can't use other sign in options: I tried logging in with my fingerprint but some reason it didn't work and then said needs pin to sign in, I can't log in to my laptop at all, I forgot my pin and I unfortunately don't have my pin with me to type it out I usually have my passwords and pins written down...
  4. I am not able to use fingerprint scanner and facial recognition sign in option.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am not able to use fingerprint scanner and facial recognition sign in option.: From the start, when i bought the laptop HP Pavilion 360, I am not able to use facial recognition option. It is showing as 'currently unavailable'. After this, recently I am not able to use my fingerprint scanner as well and showing the same reason. Both of them are showing...
  5. I am not able to use fingerprint scanner and facial recognition sign in option.

I am not able to use fingerprint scanner and facial recognition sign in option.: From the start, when i bought the laptop HP Pavilion 360, I am not able to use facial recognition option. It is showing as 'currently unavailable'. After this, recently I am not able to use my fingerprint scanner as well and showing the same reason. Both of them are showing...
  6. Why is the sign-in option at the start of the Laptop no longer showing?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why is the sign-in option at the start of the Laptop no longer showing?: My Laptop has had two sign-in options and honestly I forgot the password but have finally remembered the pattern on the picture password to open it up but challenge now is; it is not giving me the option to have even the sign-in options but rather only to input password of...
  7. Why is the sign-in option at the start of the Laptop no longer showing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the sign-in option at the start of the Laptop no longer showing?: My Laptop has had two sign-in options and honestly I forgot the password but have finally remembered the pattern on the picture password to open it up but challenge now is; it is not giving me the option to have even the sign-in options but rather only to input password of...
  8. Why is the sign-in option at the start of the Laptop no longer showing?

9. This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns....: So I found the best way to circumvent this is by just waiting 2 hours, but I don't want to have this be my new normal, it's now the second time this happen, what can I do to prevent this from happening, I tried adding a new password, but ask me about hello which I don't...
  10. This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns....

This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns....: So I found the best way to circumvent this is by just waiting 2 hours, but I don't want to have this be my new normal, it's now the second time this happen, what can I do to prevent this from happening, I tried adding a new password, but ask me about hello which I don't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. this sign in option is disabled because of failed sign in attempts or repeated shut downs

2. windows sign in option