Windows 10: sign in options not loading

Discus and support sign in options not loading in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; i am running latest update of WIN10 on a surface pro 3, and want to change my login PIN. however, in settings/accounts, when i select sign in options... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by MatthewCouture1, May 15, 2020.

1. sign in options not loading

i am running latest update of WIN10 on a surface pro 3, and want to change my login PIN. however, in settings/accounts, when i select sign in options it never loads the ellipse travels across top of screen forever. HELP!

:)

MatthewCouture1, May 15, 2020

2. sign-in option is not loading

Hello,

About a month ago after updating my windows I tried several times to log in with my pin. But I can't. Neither I can edit or remove my pin code. I had to log in by my account password. But now I want solution. But this time I am facing that on account setting
    option "sign-in options" is not loading. Like it's loading but is not showing her options. After clicking on that option I waited enough.

There is no INTERNET connection problem. Even I tried sfc\scannow . It didn't work.

Any suggestion please?

***Moved to the appropriate forum category by moderator.***

Shafiq HossainSourav, May 15, 2020
  3. cannot load Sign-in option in setting windows 10

Hi Shigeshi,

To help you load the Sign-in options in Settings, we suggest running the
    System File Checker
    and Deployment Image Servicing and Management with the steps found on this

link

Let us know if it addressed your concern.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, May 15, 2020
  4. sign in options not loading

Microsoft account Sign in option under user account is not working

Hi NAvneet.

Many thanks for your help. But this didn't work.

Should I try the below procedure. Someone has suggested this method to similar query in other thread. Pls suggest:

Please follow the steps to enable the build in administrator and check if it helps:

• Use the power button on the sign-in screen to Shift+Restart. This will take you to the recovery boot menu.
    • Click Troubleshoot, Advanced options, Startup settings. When given the choice of startup options, try booting the PC in
      Safe Mode with Command Prompt. If you can’t get there, skip to the next major step.
      • If you can get to a CMD window, enable the built-in administrator account:

net user administrator /active:yes
      • Then restart and sign-in as the Administrator account.
      • Once in the Administrator account, open Regedit
        and go to the following key:

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\IdentityCRL\StoredIdentities
      • Save a backup of the key: Export the StoredIdentities key to a .REG file on the desktop.
      • Then continue with step 4 below.
    • Use boot media to access the recovery command prompt.
      • Start Regedit.
      • Select the HKEY_USERS key.
      • Click File, Load Hive. and go up in the file system to This PC. Then browse to this file and then click Open:

C:\Windows\System32\config\DEFAULT
      • When prompted, name it “def”
      • Select this key:

HKEY_USERS\def\Software\Microsoft\IdentityCRL\StoredIdentities
      • Save a backup of the key: Export the StoredIdentities key to a .REG file on the C:\ drive.
    • Find the subkey under StoredIdentities that matches the name of the Microsoft Account.
    • Delete the key.
    • If you loaded the offline registry hive, go back up in the tree on the left and select “def”. Then click File,
      Unload hive. This option will only be available if “def” is selected.
    • Restart the PC and test sign-in.
    • Once done, you may need to Verify the account in Settings, Accounts in order for it to be fully usable in Windows again.
    • If you used the built-in Administrator account to resolve the issue, please return it to the default disabled state to help keep the Computer secure. To do so follow the steps:
      net user administrator /active:no
    Please create a new administrator account using the Microsoft Account and check.

Shobhitjain2005, May 15, 2020
Thema:

sign in options not loading

1. sign in options not loading - Similar Threads - sign options loading

2. Sign in option loading infinitely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in option loading infinitely: Hello,Several days ago, I opened my Windows 11 laptop and it asked me to change my password. I had that issue several time so I did not mind. But with that my fingerprint was not activated anymore. When I tried to change it back, I went, as usual in Settings > Acount >Sign in...
  3. Sign in option loading infinitely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign in option loading infinitely: Hello,Several days ago, I opened my Windows 11 laptop and it asked me to change my password. I had that issue several time so I did not mind. But with that my fingerprint was not activated anymore. When I tried to change it back, I went, as usual in Settings > Acount >Sign in...
  4. Sign in option settings not loading

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign in option settings not loading: hi I was going to change my windows password but the ''sign in option'' and ''emails and account'' settings are not loading but the ''your info '' setting is loading can you please help me...
  5. Sign in option settings not loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in option settings not loading: hi I was going to change my windows password but the ''sign in option'' and ''emails and account'' settings are not loading but the ''your info '' setting is loading can you please help me...
  6. Sign in option settings not loading

7. The Sign-in options in the settings won't load.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Sign-in options in the settings won't load.: I want to put a password on my local account I am logged in to my microsoft account as well. It just keeps spinning as if it was loading, but even after hours nothing happens. Every other part of settings is accessible, except the sign in options. It's really annoying and I...
  8. The Sign-in options in the settings won't load.

The Sign-in options in the settings won't load.: I want to put a password on my local account I am logged in to my microsoft account as well. It just keeps spinning as if it was loading, but even after hours nothing happens. Every other part of settings is accessible, except the sign in options. It's really annoying and I...
  9. Sign-in Options

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign-in Options: I recently had an OS_BOOT_FAILURE and had to do a system recovery. Before the recovery I used my fingerprint scanner on my Dell Inspiron 15 to sign in. Now when I went to set up my fingerprint the only option of sign in is a Security Key See Image. When I try to manage the...
  10. Sign-In Options Menu Won't Load

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sign-In Options Menu Won't Load: Good morning. I've been struggling with the annoying issue of not being able to switch back to using a PIN to log in, and found a guide that said it would reset the PIN option if I cancelled in the middle of creating a new PIN. I did so, and when I went into the settings to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. safe mode sign in options constantly loading

2. windows 10 sign in options loads

3. windows 10 sign in options not loading