Windows 10: Sign in options PIN complexity requirement

Discus and support Sign in options PIN complexity requirement in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; One of my Windows 10 home edition computers is requiring six digit signin PIN, where all my other accept 4 digit just fine. What is going on?... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Siggi Bjarnason, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Sign in options PIN complexity requirement

One of my Windows 10 home edition computers is requiring six digit signin PIN, where all my other accept 4 digit just fine. What is going on?

:)

Siggi Bjarnason, Nov 5, 2018

2. Sign in options PIN complexity requirement

Oh I’m glad that worked! I’ll keep that in the bank as a suggestion moving forward.

The group policy solution right here:

Click start, and type: gpedit.msc

Launch it, and navigate to here:

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > PIN Complexity

There you go, you set minimums, Maximums, etc.

Good luck moving forward, and have a great start to your week!

- C

Charlie Klausen, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Sign-In Pin Complexity

My old pin doesn't meet Microsoft's new complexity requirement.

If I want my pin to be 0000, or something equally simple, that is my own choice and Microsoft shouldn't have a say in it.

BaileyFiscus, Nov 7, 2018
  4. Sign in options PIN complexity requirement

Sign in options PIN complexity requirement

Hmmm,

I wish you had pro, group policy would be a simpler fix for this for sure!

I did find another article... and if you choose Option 2: Fix 2, we may be able to get that reg entry and potentially set that pin requirement.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/80777-enabl...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Let me know... I’ll keep looking.

- C

Charlie Klausen, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

Sign in options PIN complexity requirement

1. Sign in options PIN complexity requirement - Similar Threads - Sign options PIN

2. Disable Pin Complexity Requirements Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Pin Complexity Requirements Windows 11 Pro: Hi, I want do disable the Windows Hello Pin requirements on my Windows 11 Pro machine so that i can set a simple combination like "1234". I have my reasons why I want to do this. Is there any way?...
  3. Disable Pin Complexity Requirements Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Pin Complexity Requirements Windows 11 Pro: Hi, I want do disable the Windows Hello Pin requirements on my Windows 11 Pro machine so that i can set a simple combination like "1234". I have my reasons why I want to do this. Is there any way?...
  4. Windows Pin complexity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Pin complexity: I have 1 new Windows 10 pro laptop that requires a 6 digit pin complexity. All other Win 10 devices only require 4 digits. I have tried changing the group policy locally on the laptop to 4 digits but I get a message your pin doesn't meet the required complexity when i try and...
  5. Windows Pin complexity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Pin complexity: I have 1 new Windows 10 pro laptop that requires a 6 digit pin complexity. All other Win 10 devices only require 4 digits. I have tried changing the group policy locally on the laptop to 4 digits but I get a message your pin doesn't meet the required complexity when i try and...
  6. no "Require sign in " option

in Windows 10 Customization
    no "Require sign in " option: Hi I just had to totally wipe my pc and had win 10 reinstalled. I am now trying to get it back to the way it was. It seems there are different win 10 OS's out there. Anyway it has this irritating having to 'sign in' after sleep thing going on. I don't need a password just...
  7. PIN require for sign in. PIN not available.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PIN require for sign in. PIN not available.: Hello, I recently purchased a laptop running Windows 10. During setup I specified a Pin and followed the fingerprint scan process. All was good able to use fingerprint to sign on until the next day when I received the following on a login: “Your pin is required to sign in....
  8. Is there any way to get around the pin complexity requirements??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to get around the pin complexity requirements??: After many fruitless attempts are trying to get around the windows10 pin complexity I am turning to my dear friends at reddit hoping to find light in a dark dark place. I want to be able to set my windows pin to 2222 but I just can't make sure with your responses that it is a...
  9. require sign-in options

in Windows 10 Customization
    require sign-in options: require sign-in options windows hello is preventing some options from being shown I can't change the options. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/require-sign-in-options/04fd9f89-fb14-4290-8728-d5eacc44a346
  10. Disable Pin Complexity Requirements

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Disable Pin Complexity Requirements: Hi, I'm having issues with Windows Hello. I'm trying to set up a PIN but I keep getting an error that says it doesn't meet the complexity requirements. Is there any way to get around this? (I'm using Windows 10 Home, if this helps.)...