Windows 10: sign in options- pin not working

Discus and support sign in options- pin not working in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; hello, so first I decided to add my Microsoft acc on my laptop, I added it, at some point, I went to settings and I added a pin, now I can't remove my... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by yara_26, Sep 21, 2022.

1. yara_26 Win User

sign in options- pin not working

hello, so first I decided to add my Microsoft acc on my laptop, I added it, at some point, I went to settings and I added a pin, now I can't remove my pin because it says pin unavailable when I open my laptop I sign in with the pin but now I can't remove it, I have a password and I want to sign in with only my password.

:)

yara_26, Sep 21, 2022

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 21, 2022
  3. Rose Ter Win User
    Add Pin option is not working

If the previous steps failed to work. You can try to Remove
    and Add your PIN. Here are the steps:

• Click on Sign-in options and login to Windows with your Microsoft account or local account Password.
    • Click on Windows icon at the bottom-right corner, on top of Start Menu click on your account icon and select Change account settings.
    • On the left-side panel of Accounts settings, select Sign-in options.
    • On this page, you have a number of options
      select PIN.
    • Directly below PIN, you will see two buttons. Click on Remove.
    • You will be asked "Are you sure you want to remove your PIN?" etc. Select
      Remove.
    • A Log-in Box now opens for you to re-enter your Password then click
      OK.
    • You will be returned to the Sign-in option
      page where you can now add a PIN once again.
    • Enter your new PIN and confirm PIN, click on OK to reset your new PIN for your Windows Sign-in.
    • Restart your PC and Sign-in with your new PIN to confirm.

Don't hesitate to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Sep 21, 2022
  4. Kim Tiw Win User

Windows pin not working after restart

Hi Bhaumik,

The possible cause of this issue is corruption of files or it could be missing registry settings. To address your concern, we suggest you to follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer and browse to this location:
      C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC
    • Delete everything within that folder
    • Go to Settings > Accounts >Sign-in Options, click Add a PIN again and set your PIN
    • PIN sign in should work going forward

Let us know how it works.

Kim Tiw, Sep 21, 2022
Thema:

1. sign in options- pin not working - Similar Threads - sign options pin

2. PIN and sign in options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN and sign in options: I am trying to change my PIN on the new installed windows 11. When I go to sign in options and go to PIN it tells me I cant change or set a new PIN and that its only available to Companies. I already have a PIN and that's how I log in into my account but I cant change it....
  3. PIN and sign in options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PIN and sign in options: I am trying to change my PIN on the new installed windows 11. When I go to sign in options and go to PIN it tells me I cant change or set a new PIN and that its only available to Companies. I already have a PIN and that's how I log in into my account but I cant change it....
  4. sign in options- pin not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sign in options- pin not working: hello, so first I decided to add my Microsoft acc on my laptop, I added it, at some point, I went to settings and I added a pin, now I can't remove my pin because it says pin unavailable when I open my laptop I sign in with the pin but now I can't remove it, I have a password...
  5. sign in options- pin not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sign in options- pin not working: hello, so first I decided to add my Microsoft acc on my laptop, I added it, at some point, I went to settings and I added a pin, now I can't remove my pin because it says pin unavailable when I open my laptop I sign in with the pin but now I can't remove it, I have a password...
  6. PIN not working, no other sign-in options

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PIN not working, no other sign-in options: My PIN no longer works on my computer, I can’t access any other sign in options. I have completely reset my computer which did literally nothing aside from delete everything of value on my computer. How can I get into my laptop? All I need is it to ask my password as I...
  7. Sign-in Pin Option

Sign-in Pin Option: I've followed all support articles as to how enable, set up and activate pin, and how to take ownership of the Ngc files and still my dell computer does not show PIN sign-in option the Windows log-on. HELP!!!...
  8. Windows Pin sign in option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Pin sign in option: My sign in options in windows settings when i click on pin says something went wrong try again later but i'm not allowed to add a new pin. How do I add a new pin when it doesn't let me click add....
  9. PIN sign in option

PIN sign in option: How to remove PIN sign in option on local account sign in. It is not secure as it cannot be configured to work with a third party 2fa device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-sign-in-option/63ea7aae-38bf-4cd8-be1b-16f133a69619
  10. Sign in pin will not work or pgenit.msc will not work to change options..

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sign in pin will not work or pgenit.msc will not work to change options..: Can anyone help me out been having issues with adding a pin.. I feel like my system has been hacked.. please give me some feed back....