Windows 10: Sign-in Options randomly disappeared and unable to gain access to computer

Discus and support Sign-in Options randomly disappeared and unable to gain access to computer in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello!My brother has had his computer for a while about a year and to access his computer he uses a picture password since it is the easiest method he... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by LeafyIdentify, Jul 20, 2021.

1. Sign-in Options randomly disappeared and unable to gain access to computer

Hello!My brother has had his computer for a while about a year and to access his computer he uses a picture password since it is the easiest method he can remember. However, recently when he turned his computer on it prompted his PIN, which I and he have never remembered setting up.Unfortunately, we can't reset the PIN since the email being used is outdated. Also, there aren't any sign-in options at the bottom where you can choose to switch from PIN or Password, which is the first approach we were thinking of.Any help is appreciated, and I can give more detail on our situation.Thanks!

:)

LeafyIdentify, Jul 20, 2021

2. Unable to access HP Simple Pass to Sign-in to the computer on Windows 10

Hi Jerome,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing HP simple pass after upgrading to Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you installed HP simple pass software on your computer?

Try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to download the latest HP Simple Pass software from the manufacturer's website install it and check if it helps.

Step 2: If you have already installed the software, I suggest you to re-install it and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to Access Recovery Manager:

• Press Start button from the keyboard, type Recover Manager.
    • Select Recovery Manager from the list when it becomes available. Allow the action to continue, if prompted. The
      HP Recovery Manager opens.
    • Click Software program re-installation, Next , select
      HP SimplePass for the listing and then follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall application

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 20, 2021
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Unable to access applications

Since the previous troubleshooting steps didn't work, we suggest performing a System Restore. This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time. To do so, please check this
    article.

Note: Follow the steps under Restore from a system restore point.

Keep us posted.

Riel Alc, Jul 20, 2021
  4. Sign-in Options randomly disappeared and unable to gain access to computer

Taskbar doesn't disappear when entering fullscreen

I tried the Ctrl-Alt-Del and found Windows Explorer. Unfortunately, I didn't choose Restart; I killed the process. (didn't read the instructions well enough!) :-/ ... I did eventually find a way to Restart Windows Explorer, but the problem (disappearing Task bar not disappearing/reappearing as it should/used to) did not solve itself. I then RESTARTED the PC. Still not fixed.

So, I found another answer from microsoft and followed those steps. It worked! (needed the display driver updated.)

Here's that set of instructions:

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    Restart the computer after its updated and verify.

Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest chipset and display drivers for your computer and install the same.

paisanoglen, Jul 20, 2021
Thema:

Sign-in Options randomly disappeared and unable to gain access to computer

1. Sign-in Options randomly disappeared and unable to gain access to computer - Similar Threads - Sign Options randomly

2. Hi, I am unable to access any of the sign in options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, I am unable to access any of the sign in options: Hi, Under the Accounts in the settings, I am unable to make any changes to my passwords or biometric access. I currently have Lenovo Yoga 920 with fingerprint scan capability but under the sign in options it says `This option is currently unavailable`. Also under PIN Windows...
  3. Hi, I am unable to access any of the sign in options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi, I am unable to access any of the sign in options: Hi, Under the Accounts in the settings, I am unable to make any changes to my passwords or biometric access. I currently have Lenovo Yoga 920 with fingerprint scan capability but under the sign in options it says `This option is currently unavailable`. Also under PIN Windows...
  4. Sign In Option With Password Disappears

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign In Option With Password Disappears: Hello,I have a question. I got notification on my Acer Aspire 5 that said Windows 11 is ready and I could upgrade from Windows 10 to 11. I accepted the offer but not long after that, I had blue screen that said "... Stop code: KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED". I tried steps on...
  5. Sign In Option With Password Disappears

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign In Option With Password Disappears: Hello,I have a question. I got notification on my Acer Aspire 5 that said Windows 11 is ready and I could upgrade from Windows 10 to 11. I accepted the offer but not long after that, I had blue screen that said "... Stop code: KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED". I tried steps on...
  6. Sign In Option With Password Disappears

7. unable to use sign in options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to use sign in options: i am unable to use sign in options i baught this laptop like 1 year ago and now i want a password but i am unable to do it it say some settings are managed by your organisation how ever this is a personal computer - windows 10 home i would like you to help me please thank you...
  8. unable to use sign in options

unable to use sign in options: i am unable to use sign in options i baught this laptop like 1 year ago and now i want a password but i am unable to do it it say some settings are managed by your organisation how ever this is a personal computer - windows 10 home i would like you to help me please thank you...
  9. Lenovo fingerprint sign in option disappeared

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lenovo fingerprint sign in option disappeared: One day, I reset my fingerprint on my lenovo thinkbook 14s iwl and when I later checked, the option for signing in with a fingerprint was gone. The fingerprint option has completely disappeared on my laptop like it never existed. How can I fix this?...
  10. Sign in options got disappear

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sign in options got disappear: My window 10 home pc got upgraded. After that i notice some sign in options are not apper .what did i do now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-options-got-disappear/f842ae70-1d05-4c7c-a682-48970d1e0d3f