Windows 10: Sign-in Options - REMOVE Password, not disable it

Discus and support Sign-in Options - REMOVE Password, not disable it in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, my windows 10, old HP laptop, allowed me to not use a password at all. In Sign-in Options, under password, it says "Your account doesn't have a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MeganRenny, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Sign-in Options - REMOVE Password, not disable it

Hi, my windows 10, old HP laptop, allowed me to not use a password at all. In Sign-in Options, under password, it says "Your account doesn't have a password. You must add a password before you can us the other sign-in options." And this was great. I could hit "lock", and it would take me to the lock screen with the time displayed, clicking once took me to a screen with my account name and "sign in" but didn't have a field for a password at all. The value was that it effectively LOOKED like I had a password without actually having to speed bump over typing one in.

I've recently purchased a windows 10 Dell laptop and after setting it up and trying to remove all the pins and passwords, the same Password setting is now saying "Your password is all set up" and now there is no obvious way to remove it. I tried doing the windows + R, netplwiz, but this DOES NOT do the same thing; It allows me to put my computer to sleep and wake it up already signed in, but if I lock my computer, it still requires password input to log back into the account.

I do not want to have to enter a password ever to get into my account, but I do like having the fake lock screen because it is a deterrent.

Does anyone know how to accomplish this?

:)

MeganRenny, Feb 1, 2021

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 1, 2021
  3. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Feb 1, 2021
  4. Bree Win User

Sign-in Options - REMOVE Password, not disable it

How to remove sign in options like pin and password before login?

@margrave55's video is a rather long-winded demo of setting a blank password for a local account. That's Option One in this tutorial.

Remove Password of Local Account in Windows 10

Actually, most of my machines have blank passwords so I know that works. But you cannot use this if you sign in with a Microsoft account (or if you wish to keep the account password-protected, but sign in automatically). For that you need to use the tutorial Kari suggested.

Bree, Feb 1, 2021
Thema:

Sign-in Options - REMOVE Password, not disable it

1. Sign-in Options - REMOVE Password, not disable it - Similar Threads - Sign Options REMOVE

2. No option to sign in with password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No option to sign in with password: Hi ALl, I only get the options to sign in to my laptop are fingerprint scanner and the pin. the option for entering the password used to come but doesnt come any more. any help?...
  3. Sign in option disabled

Sign in option disabled: So i was casually using my computer then it said that it ran into error and it restarted itself. Now i tried to turn it on but when i tried to login/enter my pin it said that it has disabled sign in option and that i have to leave it under power source for 2 hours even tho i...
  4. Sign in Option is disabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sign in Option is disabled: Hi, when I was logging into my Pc with my Pin then I an error message came : this sign in option is disabled try witg another sign in option or try after 2 hours. Sign in options is not showing. If it was showing I would have done with my password but sign in options are...
  5. Removal of password sign in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Removal of password sign in: I would like the password sign in removed from my computer. I have tried using the netplwiz route and it just added another user with an errror to it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removal-of-password-sign-in/14aa6854-097e-4436-a2a1-8448b50b734b"
  6. How do I disable the option to sign in with password ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I disable the option to sign in with password ?: So I use PIN, but at the lockscreen you can choose to use your microsoft account password instead of PIN, how do I disable that ? is it even possible ? I just want the PIN only and I don't want to change my microsoft account password. submitted by /u/SPARTAN-258 [link]...
  7. Removing password to sign in

Removing password to sign in: I had a major problem this morning to start work on my PC because of password issues; it took me more than half an hour to get into my own PC! I hate this imposition by Microsoft since the May 2019 update that half wrecked my PC (I had to do a clean install on a new drive to...
  8. Remove sign in option

Remove sign in option: Help!! I am visually impaired and have tried to remove the sign in option when I turn on my laptop because I can't see well enough to fill in the boxes or use the keyboard (I actually have someone else typing this for me.) Unfortunately I've gone wrong. I pressed Windows...
  9. Sign in option disabled

Sign in option disabled: After an update yesterday every time I try to log into my laptop I get a message saying the pin option has been disabled because of logging in too often or something like that and I must log in as an administrator OR leave my laptop on for 2 hours, what the hell? So then I...
  10. Sign-in Options disabled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sign-in Options disabled: Cannot enable Facial Recognition. Setup button does not transition to setup screen. Neither does fingerprint setup. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-options-disabled/1f14cea7-8e61-4710-bc3c-691caeb681da"