Windows 10: Sign-in options

Discus and support Sign-in options in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, I recently just got the latest update and my fingerprint scanner to log into my desktop is no longer working. I went in to settings and it... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Grace_8888, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Sign-in options

Hello,

I recently just got the latest update and my fingerprint scanner to log into my desktop is no longer working. I went in to settings and it says that this option is not available on my device. Anyone know why it's saying that and what I can do to change this?

:)

Grace_8888, Mar 13, 2020

2. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Mar 13, 2020
  3. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 13, 2020
  4. Sign-in options

signing into microsoft account

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to us. We apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Accounts.
    • In the left pane, click on sign-in options.
    • In the right pane select Never from the drop down list for the option
      Require sign-in.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

Sign-in options

1. Sign-in options - Similar Threads - Sign options

2. "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns".: We are regularly getting the following error message on one of our devices:"This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a difference sign-in option or keep your device powered on for at least 2 hours and then try again."We do...
  3. "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns".: We are regularly getting the following error message on one of our devices:"This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a difference sign-in option or keep your device powered on for at least 2 hours and then try again."We do...
  4. Windows 11 Home Sign in Issues, Sign in click doesn't show sign in options just shows lock...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home Sign in Issues, Sign in click doesn't show sign in options just shows lock...: Hi Guys,I found this solution helpful and fixed the problem for me https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/1bg2ll5/windows_11_home_sign_in_fix_sign_in_click_doesnt/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3...
  5. Windows 11 Home Sign in Issues, Sign in click doesn't show sign in options just shows lock...

Windows 11 Home Sign in Issues, Sign in click doesn't show sign in options just shows lock...: Hi Guys,I found this solution helpful and fixed the problem for me https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/1bg2ll5/windows_11_home_sign_in_fix_sign_in_click_doesnt/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3...
  6. My sign-in options don't work. How do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My sign-in options don't work. How do I fix it?: My sign-in options says 'This option is currently unavailable' and 'Something went wrong. Try again later.' I have tried everything and it didn't help....
  7. My sign-in options don't work. How do I fix it?

My sign-in options don't work. How do I fix it?: My sign-in options says 'This option is currently unavailable' and 'Something went wrong. Try again later.' I have tried everything and it didn't help....
  8. I need to change the sign in PIN Windows Hello; however, "This option is currently...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to change the sign in PIN Windows Hello; however, "This option is currently...: I need to change the sign in PIN Windows Hello on my laptop. However, in Settings; Sign-in options; PIN Windows Hello; the option is grayed out and says, "This option is currently unavailable". Can this be fixed?...
  9. I need to change the sign in PIN Windows Hello; however, "This option is currently...

I need to change the sign in PIN Windows Hello; however, "This option is currently...: I need to change the sign in PIN Windows Hello on my laptop. However, in Settings; Sign-in options; PIN Windows Hello; the option is grayed out and says, "This option is currently unavailable". Can this be fixed?...
  10. I have been have been having issues with sign in options it keeps saying: This option is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have been have been having issues with sign in options it keeps saying: This option is...: For some reason I also cant upload a picture of what it is saying. I have had this issue for around 6 months straight. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-been-have-been-having-issues-with-sign-in/7632f63e-9bde-4247-8b15-bac72bfaf01b