Windows 10: sign in options

Discus and support sign in options in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi Im having problems to change my settings in terms of needing a pin or password on signing in There are no such options for me on windows 10,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by yidag, May 11, 2020.

1. yidag Win User

sign in options

Hi

Im having problems to change my settings in terms of needing a pin or password on signing in

There are no such options for me on windows 10, there is no option of pin at all allthough i have a pin now, so its nonsense only windows hello pin, but this is a seperate kind of pin also when i log in to microsoft here it says i cant login through my work account, but thats the only one i have lol, but thats a different issue. Also there is no ability to change if a password is needed or not, only to change the password.

I tried so many ways on internet, but in each case its not possible on my version

I'd recommend changing this, in the meantime- any ideas how to solve this on windows 10 pro?

:)

yidag, May 11, 2020

2. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, May 11, 2020
  3. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 11, 2020
  4. sign in options

signing into microsoft account

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to us. We apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Accounts.
    • In the left pane, click on sign-in options.
    • In the right pane select Never from the drop down list for the option
      Require sign-in.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 11, 2020
Thema:

sign in options

1. sign in options - Similar Threads - sign options

2. Windows Hello Face Sign In Option Unavailable

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Face Sign In Option Unavailable: My Windows Hello Face was working perfectly until recently both my Windows Hello Face and the Windows Hello PIN stopped working, so I could only use my password to sign in. I tried to set it up again in settings but it says that "This option is currently unavailable", and...
  3. My PIN sign in option disappeared completely!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My PIN sign in option disappeared completely!: hey yesterday i tried to login to my laptop using my PIN code, i entered the correct code and windows kept denying. so i used the 'forget my PIN' option to reset the PIN code, then suddenly the screen said something went wrong try again later, so i logged in via my email...
  4. Finger print sign-in option is not appearing when I login to my windows 10 dell laptop

Finger print sign-in option is not appearing when I login to my windows 10 dell laptop: My finger print scanner was sporadically working earlier, and to correct it I decided to reset my finger prints. Then even the finger print option is not coming in sign-in options at the start. What to do?...
  5. Windows Hello sign in options stopped working

Windows Hello sign in options stopped working: I've been using the Windows Hello fingerprint to sign into my Thinkpad T460S for the past 3 years when it stopped working all of a sudden, along with the Windows Hello PIN. Now all Windows Hello options say they are currently unavailable, and when clicked into, that...
  6. Disabling the sign in option for only 1 account

Disabling the sign in option for only 1 account: Hello all, I have a question. I want to disable the sign in option for an User account but through the Advanced User Account control panel it can be done for both administrator and other user account. I just want to disable one of them while keeping the pin requirement for...
  7. sign in options not loading

sign in options not loading: i am running latest update of WIN10 on a surface pro 3, and want to change my login PIN. however, in settings/accounts, when i select sign in options it never loads the ellipse travels across top of screen forever. HELP!...
  8. My log on screen ONLY shows a deleted user's account. No other sign in options mine and...

My log on screen ONLY shows a deleted user's account. No other sign in options mine and...: First off, I'm not really that savvy with computers, just the basics. That being said, my wife used the computer last. When I logged in hurriedly yesterday, it was rejected and for some reason, the screen prompted me to the screen with hers as the ONLY option to sign in....
  9. NO DISPLAY OF SIGN-IN OPTIONS ON WIN 10 LOG-ON SCREEN

NO DISPLAY OF SIGN-IN OPTIONS ON WIN 10 LOG-ON SCREEN: recently, my windows no longer display the sign-in option so I can select which method to log on with. just the usual enter password. so I'm unable to use my hello PIN or picture etc to log on. hoe do I fix that?...
  10. Cant sign into my computer after rolling back updates, im also missing the option to reset...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant sign into my computer after rolling back updates, im also missing the option to reset...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Juju-nya [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g43rpm/cant_sign_into_my_computer_after_rolling_back/