Windows 10: Sign in page gone

Discus and support Sign in page gone in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My sign in page is gone. All I can see is the part before it but nothing happens. When I press ctrl alt del in that page it will show blank screen with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by kali.grimes80, Nov 2, 2022.

1. Sign in page gone

My sign in page is gone. All I can see is the part before it but nothing happens. When I press ctrl alt del in that page it will show blank screen with no cursor. I need this laptop badly today.

:)

kali.grimes80, Nov 2, 2022

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Nov 2, 2022
  3. jimhoyle Win User
    How to troubleshoot an error that appears only at Restart or Sign out?

I get an error pop-up error message not every, but almost every time I Restart or Sign out. It's the screen with blue background and on top of Restart or Sign out text an error window says:

Explorer.exe - Application error. The instruction at 0x000… referenced memory at 0x000... The memory could not be written.

Sometimes the error code is just zeros, sometimes random numbers. I have tried so much already to troubleshoot this. For example these did not help in any way:
    • MemTest86+ (no problems)
    • Disabling any Services, Autoruns/ShellExView entries
    • Low resolution mode
    • BIOS settings are fine, no overclocking etc.
    • DISM.exe and sfc
    • etc.

However, these do make the error go away:
    • End process for explorer.exe before Restart or Sign out
    • Safe Mode
    • Creating a new user profile (almost the same as clean installing Windows, many full days of work)
    • Uninstalling NVIDIA graphics driver (then the card is unusable, of course)
    • Disabling Device Manager / Display Adapters / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

I already contacted NVIDIA and the graphics driver is not the culprit. Something has gone wrong with the user profile as the same driver works just fine in a new profile (and there's nothing wrong with the driver anyway, it's just the Restart or Sign out process that has a problem).

What can I do to fix this? One useful thing would be to have a step-by-step procedure for the Sign out. So that it'd ask before continuing to the next step and list what it's doing. Or if I could just disable whatever it does when the error appears.

jimhoyle, Nov 2, 2022
  4. Sign in page gone

password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Nov 2, 2022
Thema:

Sign in page gone

1. Sign in page gone - Similar Threads - Sign page gone

2. Sign in page not showing

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign in page not showing: The sign page in my Windows is not showing. After the phase boot process it will only shows blank screen with cursor. I cant see anything and even the window before the sign in page where you need to press ctrl alt del is not showing. I want tot sign in now since I need to do...
  3. Sign in page gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign in page gone: My sign in page is gone. All I can see is the part before it but nothing happens. When I press ctrl alt del in that page it will show blank screen with no cursor. I need this laptop badly today....
  4. Sign in page gone

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign in page gone: My sign in page is gone. All I can see is the part before it but nothing happens. When I press ctrl alt del in that page it will show blank screen with no cursor. I need this laptop badly today....
  5. sign in page

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    sign in page: you have a pop up on sign in page that doesn't work don't show again and do not want to stay signed in how do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-page/934106a0-d612-434c-888e-df8820a9b766
  6. Are sign in options gone?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Are sign in options gone?: Before i updated my hard drive, i had the option to sign in with either a password or a pin #. Now i only have an option to sign in using a pin # and cannot use my password at all. Anyway to fix this or is this like an update?...
  7. Pin sign in is gone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pin sign in is gone: The option to use the PIN has disappeared. I was able to sign in successfully with my PIN until the last update. Now I can only sign in with my password as the options are not there. How do Isign in with pin only like ive always done? And yes I have pin setup already...
  8. sign in page

sign in page: how do I stop my windows 10 pc from going to sign on while I am using an app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-page/9eebf6c9-dadb-415b-98bd-3c10ee4d278b
  9. £ sign gone missing

£ sign gone missing: How do I get back my £ sign on my computer. The keypad shows # instead of £ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-gone-missing/6ce984d6-e66f-47da-83ac-40fe11dd9c5d
  10. cancel sign in page

cancel sign in page: I need to take my sign page off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cancel-sign-in-page/a0c6726d-8a62-4436-b651-c53204642b65